Affiliation: National Cancer Research Institute
- The peptide nucleic acid targeted to a regulatory sequence of the translocated c-myc oncogene in Burkitt's lymphoma lacks immunogenicity: follow-up characterization of PNAEmu-NLSGiovanna Cutrona
SC Oncologia Medica C, Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, IST, Genova, Italy
Oligonucleotides 17:146-50. 2007..Antibodies to free PNA were undetected, whereas both IgG and IgM antibodies to PNA-KLH were detected in mouse serum 28 and 38 days after inoculation...
- Small nucleolar RNAs as new biomarkers in chronic lymphocytic leukemiaDomenica Ronchetti
Department of Clinical Sciences and Community Health, University of Milano, Milano, Italy
BMC Med Genomics 6:27. 2013..This study elucidates the patterns of sno/scaRNA expression in 211 chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) patients (Binet stage A) also in comparison with those of different normal B-cell subsets...
- B lymphocytes in humans express ZAP-70 when activated in vivoGiovanna Cutrona
Division of Medical Oncology C, Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, IST, Genova, Italy
Eur J Immunol 36:558-69. 2006..B-CLL cells are activated cells and their ZAP-70 expression reflects a normal property of activated B cells populations rather than a neoplastic aberration...
- Clonal heterogeneity in chronic lymphocytic leukemia cells: superior response to surface IgM cross-linking in CD38, ZAP-70-positive cellsGiovanna Cutrona
PhD Divisione di Oncologia Medica C Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, IST, L go Rosanna Benzi, 10 16132 Genoa, Italy
Haematologica 93:413-22. 2008..We studied whether cells expressing CD38 and ZAP-70 are more susceptible to stimulation through B-cell receptors than are cells that do not express CD38 and ZAP-70...
- Inhibition of the translocated c-myc in Burkitt's lymphoma by a PNA complementary to the E mu enhancerGiovanna Cutrona
Division of Medical Oncology C, National Cancer Research Institute, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Largo R Benzi 10, 16132 Genoa, Italy
Cancer Res 63:6144-8. 2003..This Peptide Nucleic Acid also inhibited IgM expression in B cells. The finding that PNAs specific for a regulatory noncoding sequence can block gene expression has important conceptual and practical implications...
- CD10 is a marker for cycling cells with propensity to apoptosis in childhood ALLG Cutrona
Servizi di Immunologia Clinica, Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, IST, Genoa, Italy, and Dipartimento di Oncologia, Biologia e Genetica, Universita di Genova, Genoa, Italy
Br J Cancer 86:1776-85. 2002....
- PNAEmu can significantly reduce Burkitt's lymphoma tumor burden in a SCID mice model: cells dissemination similar to the human diseaseS Matis
S C Oncologia Medica C, Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, IST, 16132 Genova, Italy
Cancer Gene Ther 16:786-93. 2009..Altogether, the data support the therapeutic potential of PNAEmu in human adult BL...
- Analysis of stepwise genetic changes in an AIDS-related Burkitt's lymphomaF Fais
Clinical Immunology Division, National Cancer Institute, Genoa, Italy
Int J Cancer 88:744-50. 2000..These events occurred prior to or during the germinal center (GC) phase of B-cell maturation. Thereafter, possibly upon exit of the cells from the GC, EBV infection occurred, further promoting lymphomagenesis...
- Lack of mutagenicity and clastogenicity of PNAEmu-NLS targeted to a regulatory sequence of the translocated c-myc oncogene in Burkitt's lymphomaL C Boffa
Medical Oncology C, National Cancer Research Institute, IST, corrected L go R Benzi 10, 16132 Genova, Italy
Mutat Res 628:129-37. 2007..We may conclude that PNAEmu-NLS neither induces mutations nor has clastogenic effects as detectable by treatment under the standard test conditions...
- Identification of HSP-60 as the specific antigen of IgM produced by BRG-lymphoma cellsL Musante
Department of Nephrology, Giannina Gaslini Children Hospital, Genova, Italy
Electrophoresis 20:1092-7. 1999..It is hypothesized that this molecule is a membrane form of HSP-60 that differs from HSP-60 in a COOH terminal portion...
- Expression of CD10 by human T cells that undergo apoptosis both in vitro and in vivoG Cutrona
Servizio di Immunologia Clinica and Servizio di Citometria CBA, Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, IST Genoa, Italy
Blood 94:3067-76. 1999....
- Inhibition of Burkitt's lymphoma cells growth in SCID mice by a PNA specific for a regulatory sequence of the translocated c-mycL C Boffa
SC Oncologia Medica C, Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, IST, Largo R Benzi, GE 10 Genoa 16132, Italy
Cancer Gene Ther 14:220-6. 2007..These data confirm the potential therapeutic value of PNA targeted to regulatory non-coding regions...
- Apoptosis induced by crosslinking of CD4 on activated human B cellsG Cutrona
Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, IST Servizio di Immunologia Clinica, Genoa, 16132, Italy
Cell Immunol 193:80-9. 1999..Exposure of CD4 expressing B cells to gp120 under conditions that resulted in CD4 crosslinking also caused apoptosis suggesting some implications for the pathophysiology of AIDS...
- Therapeutically promising PNA complementary to a regulatory sequence for c-myc: pharmacokinetics in an animal model of human Burkitt's lymphomaLidia C Boffa
SS Epigenetics, Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, IST, Genova, Italy
Oligonucleotides 15:85-93. 2005....
- CD5+ B cells with the features of subepithelial B cells found in human tonsilsMariella Dono
S C Oncologia Medica C, Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, Genova, Italy
Eur J Immunol 37:2138-47. 2007..These data are discussed considering the present views on the origin of B cell subset populations and the relationships between MZ and B1 cells...
- The opposite effects of IL-15 and IL-21 on CLL B cells correlate with differential activation of the JAK/STAT and ERK1/2 pathwaysDaniela de Totero
Department of Translational Oncology and Medical Oncology C, Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, Genoa, Italy
Blood 111:517-24. 2008..The knowledge of the signaling pathways regulating CLL cell survival and proliferation may provide new molecular targets for therapeutic intervention...
- Heterogeneous expression and function of IL-21R and susceptibility to IL-21-mediated apoptosis in follicular lymphoma cellsDaniela de Totero
Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, Genova, Italy
Exp Hematol 38:373-83. 2010..IL-21 may either induce apoptosis or promote growth in different lymphoid malignancies. We therefore investigated the IL-21/IL-21R system in follicular lymphoma (FL) cells...
- Effects of miRNA-15 and miRNA-16 expression replacement in chronic lymphocytic leukemia: Implication for therapyG Cutrona
Molecular Pathology Unit, IRCCS A O U San Martino IST, Genoa, Italy
Leukemia . 2017..Leukemia accepted article preview online, 05 January 2017. doi:10.1038/leu.2016.394...
- Constitutive expression of IL-12R beta 2 on human multiple myeloma cells delineates a novel therapeutic targetIrma Airoldi
Department of Experimental and Laboratory Medicine, G Gaslini Institute, Genova, Italy
Blood 112:750-9. 2008..Thus, IL-12R beta 2 directly restrains MM cell growth, and targeting of IL-12 to tumor cells holds promise as new therapeutic strategy...
- Expression of CD10 by B-chronic lymphocytic leukemia cells undergoing apoptosis in vivo and in vitroFortunato Morabito
Dipartimento di Ematologia Azienda, Ospedaliera Bianchi Melacrino, Reggio Calabria, Italy
Haematologica 88:864-73. 2003..The aim of this study was to ascertain whether B-CLL cells, induced into apoptosis, expressed surface CD10, since a correlation between apoptosis and CD10 expression has been demonstrated...
- Role of surface IgM and IgD on survival of the cells from B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemiaSimona Zupo
Blood 99:2277-8. 2002
- In vivo measurements document the dynamic cellular kinetics of chronic lymphocytic leukemia B cellsBradley T Messmer
Institute for Medical Research, North Shore LIJ Research Institute, Manhasset, New York 11030, USA
J Clin Invest 115:755-64. 2005..A correlation between birth rates and disease activity and progression appears to exist, which may help identify patients at risk for worsening disease in advance of clinical deterioration...
- Molecular and transcriptional characterization of 17p loss in B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemiaSonia Fabris
Centro per lo Studio delle Leucemie, Dipartimento di Scienze Mediche, Universita di Milano, U O Ematologia 1, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico, Milano, Italy
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 47:781-93. 2008....
- Serum thrombopoietin compared with ZAP-70 and immunoglobulin heavy-chain gene mutation status as a predictor of time to first treatment in early chronic lymphocytic leukemiaStefano Molica
Department of Oncology Hematology, Azienda Ospedaliera Pugliese Ciaccio, Catanzaro, Italy
Leuk Lymphoma 49:62-7. 2008..In conclusion, our results indicate that in early B-cell CLL circulating level of TPO does not provide a useful insight into the complex interrelationship of prognostic variables...
- Interleukin-21 receptor (IL-21R) is up-regulated by CD40 triggering and mediates proapoptotic signals in chronic lymphocytic leukemia B cellsDaniela de Totero
Laboratory of Immunotherapy, IST c o CBA Largo R Benzi, 10, 16132 Genova, Italy
Blood 107:3708-15. 2006..The present findings thus provide a set of new mechanisms involved in the balance between cell-survival and apoptotic signals in CLL B cells...