- Incidence of palmar-plantar erythrodysesthesia in pretreated and unpretreated patients receiving pegylated liposomal doxorubicinGianMaria Miolo
Division of Medical Oncology C, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, National Cancer Institute, Aviano, Italy
Tumori 95:687-90. 2009..We evaluate the relationship between previous chemotherapy treatments and the development of palmar-plantar erythrodysesthesia in patients receiving pegylated liposomal doxorubicin-based regimens...
- Phenotypic features and genetic characterization of male breast cancer families: identification of two recurrent BRCA2 mutations in north-east of ItalyGianMaria Miolo
Division of Experimental Oncology 1, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, National Cancer Institute, Aviano, Italy
BMC Cancer 6:156. 2006..The relative rarity of male breast cancer (MBC) limits our understanding of the epidemiologic, genetic and clinical features of this tumor...
- Selecting for BRCA1 testing using a combination of homogeneous selection criteria and immunohistochemical characteristics of breast cancersGianMaria Miolo
Department of Molecular Oncology and Translational Research, Division of Experimental Oncology 1, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, National Cancer Institute, Aviano, Italy
BMC Cancer 9:360. 2009..We evaluated the effectiveness of a combination of homogeneously selected criteria and immunohistochemical (IHC) characteristics of Familial Breast Cancers (FBCs) in detecting BRCA1 mutation carriers...
- Heterozygous variant at nucleotide position 875+11A>T in exon 6A cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator gene induces 852del22 mutation false-positivity by line probe assayGianMaria Miolo
Medical Laboratory Department, Genetics Section, Pordenone Hospital, Pordenone, Italy
Fertil Steril 95:1121.e1-4. 2011..To explain the lack of genotype-phenotype correlation observed in a patient double heterozygous for the 852del22 and F508del mutations in the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) gene...
- Target therapy in elderly breast cancer patientsPaolo Carli
Division of Medical Oncology C, National Cancer Institute, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico via Franco Gallini 2, 33081 Aviano, Italy
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 83:422-31. 2012..The aim of this review is to summarize the available evidence in this special population and to encourage further well designed studies in elderly breast cancer patients...
- Lapatinib-based therapy in heavily pretreated HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer: a single institution experienceDiana Crivellari
National Cancer Institute, Division of Medical Oncology C, CRO, Aviano PN, Italy
Tumori 98:33-8. 2012....
- Late tamoxifen in patients previously operated for breast cancer without postoperative tamoxifen: 5-year results of a single institution randomised studyAndrea Veronesi
Division of Medical Oncology C, National Cancer Institute, Via Franco Gallini 2, 33081 Aviano, Italy
BMC Cancer 10:205. 2010..A population of breast cancer patients exists who, for various reasons, never received adjuvant post-operative tamoxifen (TAM). This study was aimed to evaluate the role of late TAM in these patients...
- Phase I trial of docetaxel, oxaliplatin, and capecitabine (DOC) in untreated gastric cancer patientsSergio Frustaci
Division of Medical Oncology B, National Cancer Institute CRO, Via Franco Gallini, 2, 33081, Aviano, PN, Italy
Int J Clin Oncol 18:510-6. 2013..A combination of docetaxel (D), oxaliplatin (O), and capecitabine (C) (DOC) was studied in this dose-escalation phase Ib trial in patients with untreated advanced gastric cancer...
- Pharmacometabolomics study identifies circulating spermidine and tryptophan as potential biomarkers associated with the complete pathological response to trastuzumab-paclitaxel neoadjuvant therapy in HER-2 positive breast cancerGianMaria Miolo
Department of Medical Oncology, IRCCS National Cancer Institute, Aviano, Italy
Oncotarget 7:39809-39822. 2016....
- Anthracycline-free neoadjuvant therapy induces pathological complete responses by exploiting immune proficiency in HER2+ breast cancer patientsGianMaria Miolo
Cancer Bio Immunotherapy Unit, Department of Medical Oncology, C, R, O, National Cancer Institute, Via F, Gallini 2, 33081 Aviano, PN, Italy
BMC Cancer 14:954. 2014..Immunomonitoring was performed to assess the contribution of patients' immunological background to the induction of clinical responses...
- Association of the germline BRCA2 missense variation Glu2663Lys with high sensitivity to trabectedin-based treatment in soft tissue sarcomaGianMaria Miolo
a Division of Medical Oncology B, IRCCS, National Cancer Institute CRO, Aviano, Italy
Cancer Biol Ther 17:1017-1021. 2016....
- A different immunologic profile characterizes patients with HER-2-overexpressing and HER-2-negative locally advanced breast cancer: implications for immune-based therapiesElena Muraro
Cancer Bio Immunotherapy Unit, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, IRCCS National Cancer Institute, Via Franco Gallini 2, Aviano PN, 33081, Italy
Breast Cancer Res 13:R117. 2011..On these grounds, a careful analysis of basal immune profile may be capital to dissect the heterogeneity of clinical responses to these drugs in patients with locally advanced breast cancer undergoing neoadjuvant chemotherapy...
- Therapeutic management of breast cancer in the elderlySimon Spazzapan
Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, CRO IRCCS Medical Oncology C, Via F Gallini 2, Aviano Pordenone 33081, Italy
Expert Opin Pharmacother 12:945-60. 2011....
- Weekly paclitaxel in heavily pretreated ovarian cancer patients: does this treatment still provide further advantages?GianMaria Miolo
Department of Oncology, Division of Medical Oncology C, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, National Cancer Institute, Aviano, Italy
Arch Gynecol Obstet 285:499-503. 2012....
- Gonadal agenesis with hypoplastic paramesonephric ducts (PMNDs) derivatives in dizygotic twinsGianMaria Miolo
a Medical Laboratory Department, Genetics Section, Pordenone Hospital, Italy
Gynecol Endocrinol 32:792-795. 2016..The co-occurrence of gonadal agenesis alongside hypoplastic derivatives of the paramesonephric ducts has rarely been observed...
- Metabolomics biomarkers of frailty in elderly breast cancer patientsGiuseppe Corona
Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology Division, Department of Translational Research, IRCCS National Cancer Institute, Aviano, PN, Italy
J Cell Physiol 229:898-902. 2014..Moreover, they might be useful to refine the comprehensive geriatric assessment model...
- Epirubicin and docetaxel as neoadjuvant treatment of locally advanced breast cancer: a phase II studyDavide Lombardi
Division of Medical Oncology C, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, Aviano, Italy
Tumori 96:229-33. 2010..We report here the overall results of a phase II study of epirubicin and docetaxel as neoadjuvant chemotherapy in advanced breast cancer...
- Genotype-Guided Dosing Study of FOLFIRI plus Bevacizumab in Patients with Metastatic Colorectal CancerGiuseppe Toffoli
Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, Aviano, Italy
Clin Cancer Res . 2016....
- Clinical validity of a DPYD-based pharmacogenetic test to predict severe toxicity to fluoropyrimidinesGiuseppe Toffoli
Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico National Cancer Institute, 2 33081, Aviano, Italy
Int J Cancer 137:2971-80. 2015....
- Tracking of the origin of recurrent mutations of the BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes in the North-East of Italy and improved mutation analysis strategyGiulia Cini
Experimental Oncology 1, CRO Aviano National Cancer Institute, Aviano, PN, Italy
BMC Med Genet 17:11. 2016..In some populations, especially if relatively isolated, a few number of recurrent mutations is reported, sometimes caused by founder effect...
- Prevalence of BRCA1 genomic rearrangements in a large cohort of Italian breast and breast/ovarian cancer families without detectable BRCA1 and BRCA2 point mutationsSimona Agata
Department of Oncology and Surgical Sciences, Oncology Section, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 45:791-7. 2006..11 < 0.19 < 0.28) of the BRCA1 mutation positive families. We conclude that the search for major genomic rearrangements is essential for an accurate and comprehensive BRCA1 mutation detection strategy in Italy...