Affiliation: Magna Graecia University
- Inhibition of neutrophil apoptosis after coronary bypass operation with cardiopulmonary bypassMassimo Chello
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Unit of Cardiac Surgery, Medical School of Catanzaro, Italy
Ann Thorac Surg 73:123-9; discussion 129-30. 2002..In this study, we investigated the influence of cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB) on neutrophil apoptosis...
- High sensitive troponin T in individuals with chest pain of presumed ischemic originGiovanni Cuda
Laboratory of Clinical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Fondazione, T Campanella, University of Magna Graecia, Catanzaro, Italy
Front Biosci (Elite Ed) 4:2322-7. 2012..The use of this test can thus be strongly recommended in subjects presenting to the emergency unit with chest pain of presumed ischemic origin in order to increase the probability of earlier diagnosis of AMI, especially in non-STEMI...
- The EIPeptiDi tool: enhancing peptide discovery in ICAT-based LC MS/MS experimentsMario Cannataro
Bioinformatics Laboratory, Experimental and Clinical Medicine Department, Magna Graecia University, Catanzaro, Italy
BMC Bioinformatics 8:255. 2007..Low information overlap at the peptide and, consequently, at the protein level, is very detrimental in situations where the number of samples to be analyzed is high...
- Co-existence of frataxin and cardiac troponin T gene mutations in a child with Friedreich Ataxia and familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathyGiovanni Cuda
Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine G Salvatore, School of Medicine, Magna Graecia University, Catanzaro, Italy
Hum Mutat 19:309-10. 2002..This is, to our knowledge, the first description of a double gene defect in individuals with FA and FHC...
- Effects of TGF-beta and glucocorticoids on map kinase phosphorylation, IL-6/IL-11 secretion and cell proliferation in primary cultures of human lung fibroblastsGirolamo Pelaia
Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine, University Magna Graecia of Catanzaro, Catanzaro, Italy
J Cell Physiol 210:489-97. 2007....
- FTH1P3, a Novel H-Ferritin Pseudogene Transcriptionally Active, Is Ubiquitously Expressed and Regulated during Cell DifferentiationMaddalena Di Sanzo
Research Center of Advanced Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine, Magna Graecia University of Catanzaro, Salvatore Venuta Campus, Catanzaro, Italy
PLoS ONE 11:e0151359. 2016..Moreover, FTH1P3 expression is positively regulated during the cell differentiation process. ..
- Plasma Proteomic Profiling in Hereditary Breast Cancer Reveals a BRCA1-Specific Signature: Diagnostic and Functional ImplicationsDomenica Scumaci
Dpt of Experimental and Clinical Medicine, Magna Græcia University of Catanzaro, Salvatore Venuta University Campus, Catanzaro, Italy
PLoS ONE 10:e0129762. 2015..The aim of this study was to develop a comprehensive approach finalized to improve the recovery of specific biomarkers from plasma samples of subjects affected by hereditary BC...
- Gel-free sample preparation for the nanoscale LC-MS/MS analysis and identification of low-nanogram protein samplesMarco Gaspari
Proteomics Laboratory, Experimental and Clinical Medicine Department, Magna Graecia University, Catanzaro, Italy
J Sep Sci 30:2210-6. 2007..The method can be applied to the characterization of low levels of affinity purified proteins...
- Nano-patterned SERS substrate: application for protein analysis vs. temperatureGobind Das
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale e Clinica, Lab BIONEM, Universita Magna Graecia di Catanzaro, Catanzaro, Italy
Biosens Bioelectron 24:1693-9. 2009....
- Proteomics in Ménière diseaseGiuseppe Chiarella
Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine, Audiology and Phoniatrics Unit, Magna Graecia University, Catanzaro, Italy
J Cell Physiol 227:308-12. 2012..J. Cell. Physiol. 227: 308-312, 2012. © 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc...
- Nano LC-MS/MS: a robust setup for proteomic analysisMarco Gaspari
Laboratory of Proteomics and Mass Spectrometry, Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine, Magna Græcia University of Catanzaro, Catanzaro, Italy
Methods Mol Biol 790:115-26. 2011..Here, we describe a nano LC-MS/MS setup that allows several weeks of continuous operation for the analysis of peptides derived by enzymatic digestion of either purified proteins or moderately complex protein mixtures...
- Nanoporous surfaces as harvesting agents for mass spectrometric analysis of peptides in human plasmaMarco Gaspari
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Magna Graecia University, 88100 Catanzaro, Italy
J Proteome Res 5:1261-6. 2006..The same molecular cutoff effect was observed for mixtures of standard proteins and peptides incubated with silicon-based nanoporous surfaces...
- Selective binding and enrichment for low-molecular weight biomarker molecules in human plasma after exposure to nanoporous silica particlesRosa Terracciano
Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine, University of Catanzaro Magna Graecia, Catanzaro, Italy
Proteomics 6:3243-50. 2006..The facile sample pretreatment before MS analysis, coupled to the potential for tailoring the surface properties of silica supports, hold promise for improving the recovery of low-abundance serum biomarkers...
- Effects of transforming growth factor-[beta] and budesonide on mitogen-activated protein kinase activation and apoptosis in airway epithelial cellsGirolamo Pelaia
Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine, University of Magna Graecia of Catanzaro, Catanzaro, Italy
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 29:12-8. 2003....
- Mitogen-activated protein kinases and asthmaGirolamo Pelaia
Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine, University Magna Graecia of Catanzaro, Italy
J Cell Physiol 202:642-53. 2005..Therefore, this review focuses on the crucial involvement of MAPKs in asthma pathogenesis, thus also discussing their emerging role as molecular targets for anti-asthma drugs...
- Effects of hydrogen peroxide on MAPK activation, IL-8 production and cell viability in primary cultures of human bronchial epithelial cellsGirolamo Pelaia
Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine, University Magna Graecia of Catanzaro, 88100 Catanzaro, Italy
J Cell Biochem 93:142-52. 2004..Therefore, these findings suggest that MAPKs play a key role as molecular transducers of the airway epithelial injury triggered by oxidative stress, as well as potential pharmacologic targets for indirect antioxidant intervention...
- Research resource: New and diverse substrates for the insulin receptor isoform A revealed by quantitative proteomics after stimulation with IGF-II or insulinAlaide Morcavallo
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University Magna Graecia of Catanzaro, Catanzaro, Italy
Mol Endocrinol 25:1456-68. 2011..These findings indicate that IR-A activation by IGF-II elicits a unique signaling pathway that may play a distinct role in physiology and in disease...
- Endothelin-1 induces proliferation of human lung fibroblasts and IL-11 secretion through an ET(A) receptor-dependent activation of MAP kinasesLuca Gallelli
Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine, University Magna Graecia of Catanzaro, Catanzaro, Italy
J Cell Biochem 96:858-68. 2005..Therefore, such results suggest that in human lung fibroblasts ET-1 exerts a profibrogenic action via an ET(A) receptor-dependent, MAPK-mediated induction of IL-11 release and cell proliferation...
- Serum Calcium Increase Correlates With Worsening of Lipid Profile: An Observational Study on a Large Cohort From South ItalyLuigia Gallo
From the Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine LG, MCF, CT, AG, Giovanni Cuda, FSC Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences Giovanni Canino and Department of Health Science CI, Magna Græcia University of Catanzaro, Catanzaro, Italy
Medicine (Baltimore) 95:e2774. 2016....
- H ferritin silencing induces protein misfolding in K562 cells: A Raman analysisFabiana Zolea
Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine, Magna Græcia University of Catanzaro, Salvatore Venuta Campus, Catanzaro, Italy, 88100
Free Radic Biol Med 89:614-23. 2015....
- Preclinical model in HCC: the SGK1 kinase inhibitor SI113 blocks tumor progression in vitro and in vivo and synergizes with radiotherapyCristina Talarico
Department of Scienze della Salute, University Magna Graecia of Catanzaro, Viale Europa, Catanzaro, Italy
Oncotarget 6:37511-25. 2015..No short-term toxicity was observed in treated animals during in vivo SI113 administration. These data show that direct SGK1 inhibition can be effective in hepatic cancer therapy, either alone or in combination with radiotherapy...
- Proteomics-driven analysis of ovine whey colostrumDomenica Scumaci
Dpt of Experimental and Clinical Medicine, Magna Græcia University of Catanzaro, Catanzaro, Italy
PLoS ONE 10:e0117433. 2015..On the basis of the Swiss-Prot database, a total of 343 unique proteins were identified. To our knowledge, this study represents the most comprehensive analysis of ovine colostrum proteome. ..
- Mechanical stress downregulates MHC class I expression on human cancer cell membraneRosanna La Rocca
Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine, University of Magna Graecia, Catanzaro, Italy Italian Institute of Technology IIT, Genova, Italy
PLoS ONE 9:e111758. 2014..These mechanical induced phenotypic changes increase the tumor immunogenicity, as revealed by the related increased susceptibility to Natural Killer (NK) cells cytotoxic recognition...
- Microfluidic biofunctionalisation protocols to form multi-valent interactions for cell rolling and phenotype modification investigationsGerardo Perozziello
Department of Experimental Medicine, Bio Nano Engineering and Technology for Medicine BioNEM Laboratory, University Magna Graecia of Catanzaro, Catanzaro, Italy
Electrophoresis 34:1845-51. 2013..The cells with reduced expression of MHC-I molecules showed, after cytotoxicity tests, susceptibility 3.5 times higher than normal cells. ..
- High prevalence of polymorphism and low activity of thiopurine methyltransferase in patients with inflammatory bowel diseaseTiziana Larussa
Department of Health Science, University of Catanzaro Magna Graecia, Catanzaro, Italy
Eur J Intern Med 23:273-7. 2012..The aim of this study was to investigate TPMT genotype and phenotype status in patients with inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD)...
- Proteomics reveals high levels of vitamin D binding protein in myocardial infarctionCosimo Gasparri
Division of Cardiology, Magna Graecia University, Catanzaro, Italy
Front Biosci (Elite Ed) 2:796-804. 2010..Moreover, fresh thrombotic plaques, obtained during primary angioplasty, showed high expression of VDB protein. Mechanistically, VDB protein reduces platelet aggregation and prolongs coagulation time ex vivo...
- Nanotechnologies for biomolecular detection and medical diagnosticsMark Ming Cheng Cheng
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Internal Medicine, The Ohio State University, 473 West 12 Avenue, Columbus OH 43210 1002, USA
Curr Opin Chem Biol 10:11-9. 2006....
- Calreticulin transacetylase mediates the acetylation of nitric oxide synthase by polyphenolic acetateSeema Bansal
V P Chest Institute, Biochemistry Department, University of Delhi, Delhi 110007, India
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 144:37-45. 2008..In addition, the acetylation of nNOS can be expected to potentiate the interaction with CR, eventually leading to the augmented catalytic activity of NOS and expression of the related biological effects...
- Protection of human endothelial cells from oxidative stress: role of Ras-ERK1/2 signalingGiovanni Cuda
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale e Clinica G Salvatore, Università di Catanzaro Magna Graecia, Napoli, Italy
Circulation 105:968-74. 2002..Moreover, ERK1/2 signaling has been involved in both protection and induction of apoptosis...
- A novel missense germline mutation in exon 2 of the hMSH2 gene in a HNPCC family from Southern ItalyFrancesco Baudi
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale e Clinica, Università degli Studi Magna Graecia di Catanzaro, Campus di Germaneto, 88100 Catanzaro, Italy
Cancer Lett 223:285-91. 2005..Our findings suggest that in the presence of the above-mentioned criteria it may be useful to perform a molecular analysis of the MMR genes, even if the pedigree does not show marked aggregation of cancers...
- New possible role of statins in age-related diseasesAntonio Ruocco
J Am Geriatr Soc 50:2099-100. 2002
- Betamyosin mutations and phenotypic heterogeneity in hypertrophic cardiomyopathyRita Casadonte
Int J Cardiol 110:119-21. 2006
- Farnesyl transferase inhibitors induce neuroprotection by inhibiting Ha-Ras signalling pathwayAntonio Ruocco
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Federico II University, Naples, Italy
Eur J Neurosci 26:3261-6. 2007..Thus, Ha-Ras inhibition plays a role in the pathology of neuroprotection, suggesting a potential role of FTIs in the treatment of cerebrovascular diseases...