- The importance of rehabilitation after lower limb fractures in elderly osteoporotic patientsD Luciani
Orthopaedic and Trauma Clinic I, Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute, University of Bologna, Via Pupilli 1, 40136, Bologna, Italy
Aging Clin Exp Res 25:S113-5. 2013....
- Viscosupplementation for grade II osteoarthritis of the ankle: a prospective study at 18 months' follow-upDeianira Luciani
School of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation, Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli, Via Pupilli 1, Bologna, Italy
Chir Organi Mov 92:155-60. 2008..This study evaluates the results in terms of pain and disability of intra-articular injections of hyaluronan derivates into the ankle joint in patients suffering from grade II primary or secondary osteoarthritis of the ankle...
- A minimally invasive technique for surgical treatment of hallux valgus: simple, effective, rapid, inexpensive (SERI)Sandro Giannini
I Clinic of Orthopaedic and Traumatology, Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute, University of Bologna, Italy
Int Orthop 37:1805-13. 2013..The aim of this study is to analyse a series of 1,000 consecutive cases of hallux valgus, surgically treated by the minimally invasive SERI technique, reporting results at mid-term follow-up...
- The SERI distal metatarsal osteotomy and Scarf osteotomy provide similar correction of hallux valgusSandro Giannini
I Clinic of Orthopaedic and Traumatology, Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Clin Orthop Relat Res 471:2305-11. 2013..However, no data are available directly comparing the two procedures...
- Ankle fractures in elderly patientsSandro Giannini
Orthopaedic and Traumatologic Clinic, University of Bologna, Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute, Bologna, BO, Italy
Aging Clin Exp Res 25:S77-9. 2013....
- Congenital hip dysplasia treated by total hip arthroplasty using cementless tapered stem in patients younger than 50 years old: results after 12-years follow-upCesare Faldini
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli, University of Bologna, Via G Pupilli 1, 40136, Bologna, Italy
J Orthop Traumatol 12:213-8. 2011..We assessed a series of patients affected by developmental hip dysplasia treated with total hip arthroplasty using cementless tapered stem and here we report the outcomes at long-term follow-up...
- Nonoperative treatment of closed displaced midshaft clavicle fracturesCesare Faldini
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Bologna, Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli, Via G C Pupilli 1, 40136, Bologna, Italy
J Orthop Traumatol 11:229-36. 2010..The aim of this paper was to report the results of treating closed displaced midshaft clavicle fractures nonoperatively...
- One-stage metatarsal lengthening by allograft interposition: a novel approach for congenital brachymetatarsiaSandro Giannini
Department of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, University of Bologna, Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli, Via G C Pupilli 1, Bologna, 40136, Italy
Clin Orthop Relat Res 468:1933-42. 2010..Congenital brachymetatarsia, a shortened metatarsal bone, can be corrected surgically by callus distraction or one-stage lengthening using bone graft...
- Arthroscopic autologous chondrocyte implantation in the ankle jointSandro Giannini
Clinical Orthopaedic and Traumatology Unit I, Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute, Via Pupilli 1, 40136, Bologna, Italy
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 22:1311-9. 2014..The purpose of this investigation was to report the clinical results of a series of patients who underwent arthroscopic ACI of the talus at a mean of 7 ± 1.2-year follow-up...
- Prosthetic surgery in fragility osteopathySandro Giannini
II Orthopaedics and Trauma Clinic, Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute, University of Bologna, Italy
Aging Clin Exp Res 23:40-2. 2011..These positive results should be confirmed at a longer follow-up in a large cohort of patients...
- Osteosynthetic improvement of osteoporotic bone: prevention surgerySandro Giannini
II Orthopaedics and Trauma Clinic Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Clin Cases Miner Bone Metab 8:51-4. 2011..Nevertheless, a longer follow-up and a larger cohort of patients is necessary in order to verify the true effectiveness of the surgical prevention in elderly osteoporotic patients...
- One-step arthroscopic technique for the treatment of osteochondral lesions of the knee with bone-marrow-derived cells: three years resultsRoberto Buda
Clinical Orthopaedic and Traumatology Unit I, Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute, via G C Pupilli n 1, Bologna, Italy
Musculoskelet Surg 97:145-51. 2013..The one-step technique appears to be a good and reliable option for treatment of OLK at three years of follow-up. Level of evidence Case series, Level IV...
- Histological, histomorphometric and microtomographic analyses of retrieval hip resurfacing arthroplasty failed at different timesFrancesca Salamanna
Rizzoli Research Innovation Technology, Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute, Bologna, Italy
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 14:47. 2013..The objective of the study was to examine by a specific quantitative histomorphometry and microtomography (micro-CT) method the characteristics of bone quality and its microarchitecture in retrieved metal-on-metal HR...
- Surgical treatment of post-traumatic malalignment of the ankleSandro Giannini
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Bologna, Instituto Ortopedico Rizzoli, Via G C Pupilli 1, 40136 Bologna, Italy
Injury 41:1208-11. 2010..Moreover, once a correct alignment of the joint is achieved, secondary surgery, if necessary, can be performed more easily, and with better results...
- The minimally invasive osteotomy "S.E.R.I." (simple, effective, rapid, inexpensive) for correction of bunionette deformitySandro Giannini
University of Bologna, Istituti Ortopedici Rizzoli, Bologna, Italy
Foot Ankle Int 29:282-6. 2008..The aim of this study was to retrospectively evaluate the results of a series of 50 consecutive feet affected by symptomatic bunionette deformity treated by S.E.R.I. (simple, effective, rapid, inexpensive) osteotomy...
- Diagnosis of flexible flatfoot in children: a systematic clinical approachMaria Grazia Benedetti
Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli, Bologna, Italy
Orthopedics 34:94. 2011..Functional assessment by specific tests should be included in the examination, as evidence exists that morphology and function are not necessarily related...
- Fixation of winged scapula in facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophySandro Giannini
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Bologna, Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli, Italy, Via G Pupilli 1, 40136 Bologna, Italy
Clin Med Res 5:155-62. 2007....