- Acute cerebellitis in varicella: a ten year case series and systematic review of the literatureElena Bozzola
Department of Pediatric, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, Pediatric and Infectious Diseases Unit, IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Ital J Pediatr 40:57. 2014..Nevertheless, it has been scarcely studied. The objective of this study were to asses the occurrence of AC among children hospitalized for varicella and to analyze its specific clinical picture and outcome...
- Parry-Romberg syndrome and Rasmussen encephalitis: possible association. Clinical and neuroimaging featuresDaniela Longo
Department of Radiology, Division of Neurology, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital IRCCS, Rome, Italy
J Neuroimaging 21:188-93. 2011..Serial MR imaging studies revealed progressive brain hemispheric signal alterations and atrophy. This would thus suggest acoexistence of PRS and RE...
- Migraine triggered by epileptic discharges in a Rasmussen's encephalitis patient after surgeryLucia Fusco
Division of Neurology, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, Rome, Italy
Brain Dev 33:597-600. 2011..Although a casual relationship could not be excluded, a pure neuronal pathogenetic mechanism can be suggested, mediated by post- and inter-ictal cortical depression...
- Conventional magnetic resonance imaging and diffusion tensor imaging studies in children with novel GPR56 mutations: further delineation of a cobblestone-like phenotypeCarlo C Quattrocchi
Unit of Neuroradiology, Bambino Gesu Children s Research Hospital IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Neurogenetics 14:77-83. 2013....
- MR differential diagnosis of acute deep grey matter pathology in paediatric patientsCarlo Cosimo Quattrocchi
Ospedale Pediatrico Bambino Gesu, Radiology, IRCCS, Piazza S Onofrio, 4, Rome, Italy
Pediatr Radiol 43:743-61. 2013..Clinical history, physical and laboratory findings, timing of the MR examination and advanced MR imaging techniques (diffusion-weighted imaging and (1)H-MR spectroscopy), are crucial in some patients...
- Gray matter decrease distribution in the early stages of Anorexia Nervosa restrictive type in adolescentsSantino Gaudio
Department of Neuroscience, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, Rome, Italy
Psychiatry Res 191:24-30. 2011..Given that these regions are also involved in the manipulation of mental images and the mental representation of the self, this might explain the presence of a distorted body image in these patients...
- Encephalocraniocutaneous lipomatosis (ECCL): neuroradiological findings in three patients and a new association with fibrous dysplasiaLuciana Nogueira Delfino
Department of Imaging, IRCCS Ospedale Pediatrico Bambino Gesù, Rome, Italy
Am J Med Genet A 155:1690-6. 2011....
- MRI findings in an adolescent with type I citrullinaemiaDaniela Longo
Department of Paediatric Radiology, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, Piazza S Onofrio 4, Rome, 00165, Italy
Pediatr Radiol 38:237-40. 2008..Since our patient's neuroradiological findings showed greater similarity to type II citrullinaemia, we think his brain injury during this acute episode was probably age-related and independent of the type of citrullinaemia...
- Wernicke encephalopathy in pediatric neuro-oncology: presentation of 2 cases and review of literatureMaria Giuseppina Cefalo
Ospedale Pediatrico Bambino Gesù Children s Hospital IRCCS, Rome, Italy
J Child Neurol 29:NP181-5. 2014..An early diagnosis is imperative for a prompt therapy that might prevent or minimize the irreversible brain damage related to this condition...
- Mutations in MFSD8/CLN7 are a frequent cause of variant-late infantile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosisChiara Aiello
Molecular Medicine, Neurology, Radiology, and Pathology, IRCCS Bambino Gesù Hospital, Rome, Italy
Hum Mutat 30:E530-40. 2009..The existence of a subset of v-LINCL cases without mutations in any of the known NCL genes suggests further genetic heterogeneity...
- Visual recognition and visually guided action after early bilateral lesion of occipital cortex: a behavioral study of a 4.6-year-old girlIleana Amicuzi
Pediatric Rehabilitation Department, Children s Hospital Bambino Gesu, Rome, Italy
Neurocase 12:263-79. 2006....