Maria Letizia Lai
- Rhabdoid tumor of the thyroid gland: a variant of anaplastic carcinomaMaria Letizia Lai
Dipartimento di Citomorfologia, Divisione di Anatomia Patologica, Universita degli Studi di Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
Arch Pathol Lab Med 129:e55-7. 2005..The hypothesis that rhabdoid tumor is a variant of anaplastic thyroid carcinoma is supported by the identification of a RET/PTC gene rearrangement, a feature of carcinomas of follicular cell derivation...
- Calcitonin measurement in wash-out fluid from fine needle aspiration of neck masses in patients with primary and metastatic medullary thyroid carcinomaFrancesco Boi
Endocrinology, Department of Medical Sciences, Presidio di Monserrato, University of Cagliari, Strada Statale 554 bivio Sestu, I 09042 Monserrato, Cagliari, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:2115-8. 2007....
- Association between carotid plaque enhancement shown by multidetector CT angiography and histologically validated microvessel densityLuca Saba
Department of Radiology, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria A O U, di Cagliari Polo di Monserrato, S S 554, Monserrato, Cagliari, 09045, Italy
Eur Radiol 22:2237-45. 2012..Carotid plaques analysed by MDCTA can show contrast enhancement. The purpose of this study was to explore the association between carotid plaque enhancement (CPE) and microvessel density...
- RET proto-oncogene in Sardinia: V804M is the most frequent mutation and may be associated with FMTC/MEN-2A phenotypeGiovanni Pinna
Endocrinology Unit, Department of Medical Science, University of Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
Thyroid 17:101-4. 2007..We report the results obtained by RET mutation analysis of subjects living in Sardinia, an Italian island whose inhabitants display a peculiar genetic background due to geographic isolation and low immigration rate for several centuries...
- [Adenomyomatosis of the gallbladder. Personal experience and analysis of the literature]Enrico Erdas
Dipartimento di Scienze Chirurgiche e Trapianti d Organo, Sezione di Chirurgia Generale II, Universita degli Studi di Cagliari
Chir Ital 54:673-84. 2002..Nevertheless, prophylactic laparoscopic cholecystectomy may be justified considering the evolution, the uncertain nature of the disease and the difficult differential diagnosis versus malignant lesions...
- Galectin-3-expression analysis in the surgical selection of follicular thyroid nodules with indeterminate fine-needle aspiration cytology: a prospective multicentre studyArmando Bartolazzi
Department of Pathology, St Andrea University Hospital, Rome, Italy
Lancet Oncol 9:543-9. 2008..We aimed to assess the diagnostic effect of galectin-3 expression analysis in distinguishing preoperatively benign from malignant follicular thyroid nodules when FNA findings were indeterminate...
- Correspondence between ultrasonography and histological features in a single thyroid nodule with coexisting follicular adenoma and papillary carcinomaLuca Deiana
Thyroid 18:813-4. 2008