Alberto E Tozzi
Affiliation: Istituto Superiore di Sanit
- Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli infections associated with hemolytic uremic syndrome, Italy, 1988-2000Alberto E Tozzi
Department of Communicable Disease, Unit of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, V le R Elena 299 00161 Roma, Italy
Emerg Infect Dis 9:106-8. 2003..1% of patients. STEC O157 was the most common serotype, but a considerable number of cases were from infections by non-O157 STEC...
- Reactogenicity and immunogenicity at preschool age of a booster dose of two three-component diphtheria-tetanus-acellular pertussis vaccines in children primed in infancy with acellular vaccinesA E Tozzi
Laboratory of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Pediatrics 107:E25. 2001....
- Clinical presentation of pertussis in unvaccinated and vaccinated children in the first six years of lifeAlberto E Tozzi
Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Pediatrics 112:1069-75. 2003..The objective of this study was to compare the clinical course of pertussis in unvaccinated and vaccinated children in a well-defined and strictly studied population and to identify determinants of the disease's clinical presentation...
- Field evaluation of vaccine safetyAlberto E Tozzi
Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena, 299, 00161 Rome, Italy
Vaccine 22:2091-5. 2004..Signals generated by surveillance systems may stimulate to conduct formal studies to assess causality...
- Risk factors for poor renal prognosis in children with hemolytic uremic syndromeAlessandra Gianviti
Division of Nephrology and Dialysis, Bambino Gesù Children s Hospital and Institute for Scientific Research, Rome, Italy
Pediatr Nephrol 18:1229-35. 2003..In conclusion, absence of both D and evidence of STEC infection are needed to identify patients with HUS and worst prognosis, while D(-) but STEC(+) patients have a significantly better prognosis...
- Knowledge attitude and practice toward pertussis vaccination during pregnancy among pregnant and postpartum Italian womenEleonora Agricola
a Multifactorial Disease and Complex Phenotypes, Bambino Gesù Children Hospital IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Hum Vaccin Immunother 12:1982-1988. 2016..A combination of educational interventions and tailored communi-cation campaigns could be implemented to promote maternal immunization...
- Investigating paternal preconception risk factors for adverse pregnancy outcomes in a population of internet usersEleonora Agricola
Multifactorial Disease and Complex Phenotype Research Area, Bambino Gesù Children Hospital IRCCS, Piazza S Onofrio 4, 00165, Rome, Italy
Reprod Health 13:37. 2016..We conducted a web-based survey to measure the prevalence of paternal preconception risk factors for adverse pregnancy outcomes in an Italian population of Internet users...
- Seasonal and pandemic influenza vaccine: recommendations to families of at-risk children during the 2009-10 seasonMariateresa Romano
Department of Paediatrics, Bambino Gesu Hospital, Rome, Italy
Eur J Public Health 22:821-4. 2012..6% had not been vaccinated. The majority of immunized children had received specific recommendations by a physician. Physicians involved in the management of children with chronic diseases should actively recommend influenza immunization...
- Comparison of pertussis surveillance systems in EuropeAlberto E Tozzi
Bambino Gesu Hospital, Piazza S Onofrio, and Tor Vergata University, Rome, Italy
Vaccine 25:291-7. 2007..3 per 1000. The adoption of WHO case definition, standardisation of laboratory diagnosis, and integration of information on deaths from alternative sources should be supported...
- What drives attitude towards telemedicine among families of pediatric patients? A surveyLuisa Russo
Telemedicine Unit, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital IRCCS, Piazza S Onofrio 4, 00165, Rome, Italy
BMC Pediatr 17:21. 2017....
- Can Twitter Be a Source of Information on Allergy? Correlation of Pollen Counts with Tweets Reporting Symptoms of Allergic Rhinoconjunctivitis and Names of Antihistamine DrugsFrancesco Gesualdo
Multifactorial Disease and Complex Phenotype Research Area, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital IRCCS, Rome, Italy
PLoS ONE 10:e0133706. 2015..93). Longitude and latitude of the pollen stations affected the strength of the correlation. Twitter and other social networks may play a role in allergic disease surveillance and in signaling drug consumptions trends...
- Influenza-like illness surveillance on Twitter through automated learning of naïve languageFrancesco Gesualdo
Multifactorial Diseases and Complex Phenotypes Research Area, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital IRCCS, Rome, Italy
PLoS ONE 8:e82489. 2013..We found a high correlation coefficient between the trend of our influenza-positive tweets and ILI trends identified by US traditional surveillance systems. ..
- Use of the internet by Italian pediatricians: habits, impact on clinical practice and expectationsMariateresa Romano
Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, Piazza Sant Onofrio 4, Rome, Italy
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 12:23. 2012..We administered a questionnaire to members of the Italian Society of Pediatrics to assess determinants of their use of the Internet, of social platforms and of personal health records during clinical practice...
- Does googling for preconception care result in information consistent with international guidelines: a comparison of information found by Italian women of childbearing age and health professionalsEleonora Agricola
Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital IRCCS, Epidemiology, Unit Piazza S Onofrio 4, 00165, Rome, Italy
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 13:14. 2013....
- Can Digital Tools Be Used for Improving Immunization Programs?Alberto E Tozzi
Unit of Telemedicine, IRCCS, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, Rome, Italy
Front Public Health 4:36. 2016..Subsequently, we analyze the limits of the use of digital tools in such contexts and envision future possibilities and challenges. ..
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus nasal colonization in a department of pediatrics: a cross-sectional studyFrancesco Gesualdo
Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Ital J Pediatr 40:3. 2014..We describe methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) nasal carriage at admission in patients admitted to a Department of Pediatrics...
- Blood pressure in the long-term follow-up of children with hemolytic uremic syndromeLaura De Petris
Department of Nephrology and Urology, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital and Research Institute, Rome, Italy
Pediatr Nephrol 19:1241-4. 2004..These results should be confirmed with a large prospective clinical study...
- Attitudes towards HPV immunization of Italian mothers of adolescent girls and potential role of health professionals in the immunization programAlberto E Tozzi
Bambino Gesu Hospital, Rome, Italy
Vaccine 27:2625-9. 2009..Pediatricians most frequently provided information on HPV vaccine (31%), and were perceived as the preferred immunization providers (77%). Acceptance of HPV immunization was high and was not associated with knowledge of HPV...
- Attitude of families of patients with genetic diseases to use m-health technologiesAlberto E Tozzi
IRCCS, Telemedicine Unit, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, Rome, Italy
Telemed J E Health 21:86-9. 2015..We performed an online survey on the perception of use of m-health technologies among families of patients affected with Down's syndrome, Williams' syndrome, and 22q11 deletion syndrome...
- MRSA nasal colonization in children: prevalence meta-analysis, review of risk factors and molecular geneticsFrancesco Gesualdo
Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, Rome, Italy
Pediatr Infect Dis J 32:479-85. 2013..We report a meta-analysis of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) nasal colonization prevalence in children and a review of the risk factors as well as molecular genetic characterization...
- Preserved antibody levels and loss of memory B cells against pneumococcus and tetanus after splenectomy: tailoring better vaccination strategiesM Manuela Rosado
Immunology Area, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Eur J Immunol 43:2659-70. 2013....
- Persistence of T-cell immune response induced by two acellular pertussis vaccines in children five years after primary vaccinationRaffaella Palazzo
Anti infectious Immunity Unit, Department of Infectious, Parasitic and Immune Mediated Diseases, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
New Microbiol 39:35-47. 2016..The different responses induced by Hexavac and Infanrix vaccine could rely on differences in PT inactivation process or excipients/adjuvants formulations. ..
- Quality of life in a cohort of patients diagnosed with renal failure in childhood and who received renal transplantAlberto E Tozzi
Epidemiology Unit, Bambino Gesu Hospital, Rome, Italy
Pediatr Transplant 16:840-5. 2012..4, and the average MCS score was 73.9. The mean GHQ total score was 14.8, and the total scale MSPSS mean score was 70. Severe comorbidities significantly affected the PCS score. Individuals with severe comorbidities had lower PCS scores...
- Neurological complications of varicella in childhood: case series and a systematic review of the literatureElena Bozzola
Paediatric and Infectious Disease Unit, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Vaccine 30:5785-90. 2012..The obtained results may be useful for estimating costs associated with hospitalization from varicella in cost-benefit analysis for immunization...
- Pediatric allergy and immunology in ItalyAlberto E Tozzi
Epidemiology Unit, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, Rome, Italy
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 22:267-76. 2011..Italian hallmarks in the management of allergic diseases in childhood are a quite alive and spread interest in Molecular Allergology and a remarkable predominance of sublingual (SLIT) compared to the subcutaneous (SCIT) immunotherapy...
- Can hexavalent vaccines be simultaneously administered with pneumococcal or meningococcal conjugate vaccines?Alberto E Tozzi
Bambino Gesu Hospital, Rome, Italy
Hum Vaccin 3:252-9. 2007..We reviewed the available literature to assess the effects on immunogenicity and safety of simultaneous administration of hexavalent and conjugate pneumococcal and meningococcal C vaccines in healthy children...
- A comparison of populations vaccinated in a public service and in a private hospital setting in the same areaElisabetta Pandolfi
Bambino Gesu Pediatric Hospital, Rome, Italy
BMC Public Health 8:278. 2008..However, achieving high vaccination rates in children with chronic conditions is difficult. Different types of vaccine providers may differently attract high risk children...
- Growth assessment of paediatric patients with CF comparing different auxologic indicators: A multicentre Italian studyVincenzina Lucidi
Fondazione IRCCS, Ospedale Pediatrico Bambino Gesu, Rome, Italy
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 49:335-42. 2009..To evaluate growth in Italian patients with cystic fibrosis (CF)...
- Surfing the web during pandemic flu: availability of World Health Organization recommendations on preventionFrancesco Gesualdo
Ospedale Pediatrico Bambino Gesu, Rome, Italy
BMC Public Health 10:561. 2010..People often search for information on influenza A(H1N1)v prevention on the web. The extent to which information found on the Internet is consistent with recommendations issued by the World Health Organization is unknown...
- Diagnosis and management of pertussisAlberto E Tozzi
Epidemiology Unit, Bambino Gesu Hospital, Rome, Italy
CMAJ 172:509-15. 2005..Erythromycin is still considered in some countries to be the "gold standard" for therapy and prophylaxis; however, azithromycin and clarithromycin seem equally efficacious and are associated with fewer side effects...
- Safety and efficacy of etanercept in a cohort of patients with juvenile idiopathic arthritis under 4 years of ageClaudia Bracaglia
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Pediatric Medicine, Ospedale Pediatrico Bambino GesùIRCCS, Rome, Italy
J Rheumatol 39:1287-90. 2012..To evaluate safety, tolerability, and efficacy of etanercept in a cohort of patients with juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA) under 4 years of age...
- HIV is associated with thrombophilia and high D-dimer in children and adolescentsGiuseppe Pontrelli
Department of Public Health, Ospedale Pediatrico Bambino Gesu, Rome, Italy
AIDS 24:1145-51. 2010..The association between viral replication and coagulation abnormalities in a cohort of HIV-infected children and adolescents was investigated here...
- Flow cytometry detection of Shiga toxins in the blood from children with hemolytic uremic syndromePier Luigi Tazzari
Servizio di Immunoematologia e Trasfusionale, Ospedale S Orsola Malpighi, Bologna, Italy
Cytometry B Clin Cytom 61:40-4. 2004..The aim of the present work was the development of a method to detect Stxs bound on circulating PMNs and to diagnose STEC infections in patients with HUS...
- Shiga toxins present in the gut and in the polymorphonuclear leukocytes circulating in the blood of children with hemolytic-uremic syndromeMaurizio Brigotti
Dipartimento di Patologia Sperimentale, Via San Giacomo 14, 40126 Bologna, Italy
J Clin Microbiol 44:313-7. 2006....
- Increased risk of invasive meningococcal disease, pregnancy, and confoundingAlberto E Tozzi
Pediatrics 116:798-9; author reply 799. 2005
- Interactions between Shiga toxins and human polymorphonuclear leukocytesMaurizio Brigotti
Universita di Bologna, Via San Giacomo, 14, Bologna, Italy 40126
J Leukoc Biol 84:1019-27. 2008....