Affiliation: Istituto Dermopatico dell'Immacolata
- Quality-of-life assessment in patients with pemphigus using a minimum set of evaluation toolsAndrea Paradisi
Health Services Research Unit, Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Rome, Italy
J Am Acad Dermatol 60:261-9. 2009..Very few studies have investigated the quality of life (QoL) of patients with pemphigus, all reporting a strong impact on physical and emotional status...
- Effect of written emotional disclosure interventions in persons with psoriasis undergoing narrow band ultraviolet B phototherapyAndrea Paradisi
Health Services Research Unit, IDI IRCCS, Via dei Monti di Creta 104, 00167, Rome, Italy
Eur J Dermatol 20:599-605. 2010..Patients allocated to the PW group had a longer period of remission after phototherapy. This provides preliminary evidence that such a simple and inexpensive tool may play a role in enhancing treatment efficacy and QoL...
- Field performance of the Skindex-17 quality of life questionnaire: a comparison with the Skindex-29 in a large sample of dermatological outpatientsFrancesca Sampogna
Health Services Research Unit, Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata IDI IRCCS, Rome, Italy
J Invest Dermatol 133:104-9. 2013..In conclusion, the Skindex-17 provided very similar information compared with the Skindex-29, with the advantage of being shorter and including some important psychometric properties...
- Etanercept therapy for toxic epidermal necrolysisAndrea Paradisi
Health Services Research Unit, IDI IRCCS, Rome, Italy Electronic address
J Am Acad Dermatol 71:278-83. 2014..Toxic epidermal necrolysis (TEN) is a severe and potentially lethal drug reaction for which no standard treatment is available...
- Markedly reduced incidence of melanoma and nonmelanoma skin cancer in a nonconcurrent cohort of 10,040 patients with vitiligoAndrea Paradisi
Health Services Research Unit, Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Rome, Italy Electronic address
J Am Acad Dermatol 71:1110-6. 2014..Nonmelanoma skin cancer (NMSC) has also been studied, but mainly in small samples, and with conflicting results...
- Quality of life in patients with anogenital wartsAndrea Paradisi
Health Services Research Unit, IDI IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Eur J Dermatol 23:837-42. 2013..Anogenital warts (GW) are among the most common sexually transmitted diseases. Few studies have investigated the quality of life (QoL) of GW patients...
- Factors associated with the prescription of "traditional" or "biological" systemic treatment in psoriasisStefano Tabolli
Health Services Research Unit, IDI IRCCS, Rome, Italy and
J Dermatolog Treat 26:37-40. 2015..In conclusion, younger age, psoriatic arthritis and the previous use of systemic drugs are factors associated with the use of biological treatment rather than the traditional systemic drugs...
- Measuring empowerment in patients with psoriasis: the Psoriasis Empowerment Enquiry in the Routine Practice (PEER) questionnaireCalogero Pagliarello
Health Services Research Unit, Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata IRCCS, Via Monti di Creta 104, 00167 Rome, Italy
Eur J Dermatol 20:200-4. 2010..Further studies are needed to assess its convergent validity and to improve its reliability...
- Clustering of cutaneous melanoma in health care workers of a dermatological day hospital unitAndrea Paradisi
Health Services Research Unit, Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata, IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Dermatology 228:281-4. 2014..We carried out a survey of melanoma occurrence among the personnel, and their close relatives, of a dermatological clinic. The self-reported figures were compared with data from cancer registries...
- The perils of a defective medical communication: fatal neglected squamous cell carcinoma arising in perineal hidradenitis suppurativaCalogero Pagliarello
Health Services Research Unit, IDI IRCCS, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Case Rep Dermatol 3:5-7. 2011..In the context of HS, a painful lump or ulcer could easily be mistaken for an inflammatory lesion, and therefore a low threshold for biopsy is warranted...