Affiliation: Istituto Superiore di Sanit
- The way forward in Italy for iodineAntonella Olivieri
Endocrinology and Metabolism Unit, Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, Italian National Institute of Health, Rome, Italy
Minerva Med . 2017..In 2005 a nationwide program of iodine prophylaxis on voluntary basis was finally implemented in our country...
- Incidence of congenital hypothyroidism in the Autonomous Province of Bolzano: benefit of increased iodine intakeA Olivieri
Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena, 299, 00161, Rome, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 38:185-7. 2015..The aim of this study was to investigate whether an adequate iodine intake in the population may affect the incidence of permanent congenital hypothyroidism (CH)...
- Congenital hypothyroidism due to defects of thyroid development and mild increase of TSH at screening: data from the Italian National Registry of infants with congenital hypothyroidismAntonella Olivieri
Metabolism and Endocrinology, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena, Rome, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 98:1403-8. 2013..However, the question of whether such additional mild CH cases can benefit from detection by newborn screening and early thyroid hormone treatment is still open...
- Epidemiology of congenital hypothyroidism: what can be deduced from the Italian registry of infants with congenital hypothyroidismAntonella Olivieri
Department of Cell Biology and Neurosciences, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 25:7-9. 2012....
- The Italian National Register of infants with congenital hypothyroidism: twenty years of surveillance and study of congenital hypothyroidismAntonella Olivieri
Dipartimento di Biologia Cellulare e Neuroscienze, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Ital J Pediatr 35:2. 2009....
- High risk of congenital hypothyroidism in multiple pregnanciesAntonella Olivieri
Dipartimento di Biologia Cellulare e Neuroscienze, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena, 299, 00161 Roma, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:3141-7. 2007..Up to now, about 3600 infants with CH are recorded in the INRICH, and a high number of twins are included...
- Reproductive toxicity and thyroid effects in Sprague Dawley rats exposed to low doses of ethylenethioureaFrancesca Maranghi
Department of Food Safety and Veterinary Public Health, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Food Chem Toxicol 59:261-71. 2013..Our data suggest that even low doses of ETU can interfere with thyroid homeostasis and reproductive hormone profile if exposure starts in critical stages of development...
- Risk factors for congenital hypothyroidism: results of a population case-control study (1997-2003)Emanuela Medda
Centro Nazionale di Epidemiologia, Sorveglianza e Promozione della Salute, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Eur J Endocrinol 153:765-73. 2005..To identify risk factors for permanent and transient congenital hypothyroidism (CH)...
- Iodine nutritional status and thyroid effects of exposure to ethylenebisdithiocarbamatesEmanuela Medda
National Centre for Epidemiology Surveillance and Health Promotion, Italian National Institute of Health, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Rome, Italy
Environ Res 154:152-159. 2017....
- Multiple factors influencing the incidence of congenital hypothyroidism detected by neonatal screeningAntonella Olivieri
Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Horm Res Paediatr 83:86-93. 2015..The aim of our study was to investigate trends in the incidence of CH in Italy over the period 1987-2008, and to investigate which factors may have influenced the CH incidence in our country...
- Common criteria among States for storage and use of dried blood spot specimens after newborn screeningCarlo Petrini
Unità di Bioetica, Presidenza, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Ann Ist Super Sanita 48:119-21. 2012..To overcome these difficulties the identification of a few criteria for storage and research usage of DBS is crucial...
- Developmental exposure to chlorpyrifos induces alterations in thyroid and thyroid hormone levels without other toxicity signs in CD-1 miceSimona De Angelis
Department of Cellular Biology and Neuroscience, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Toxicol Sci 108:311-9. 2009..Thyroid may be a sensitive target to CPF developmental exposure possibly leading to long-term effects on thyroid function. Because thyroid plays a pivotal role in mammalian development, these findings can be relevant to humans...
- Missense mutation in the transcription factor NKX2-5: a novel molecular event in the pathogenesis of thyroid dysgenesisMonica Dentice
Dipartimento di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Molecolare e Clinica, Universita di Napoli Federico II, Via S Pansin 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:1428-33. 2006..NKX2-5 encodes a homeodomain-containing transcription factor with a major role in heart development, and mutations affecting this gene have been reported in individuals with congenital heart disease...