Affiliation: Istituto Nazionale di Ottica Applicata
- Dependence of leukemic cell autofluorescence patterns on the degree of differentiationMonica Monici
Centre of Excellence in Optronics, Largo Enrico Fermi, 6, 50125 Florence, Italy
Photochem Photobiol Sci 2:981-7. 2003..Furthermore, different maturation steps can be distinguished on the basis of the cell fluorescence pattern, leading the way to future application of the technique in diagnostics...
- Multispectral imaging autofluorescence microscopy in colonic and gastric cancer metastatic lymph nodesDesiree Pantalone
Department of Critical Medicine and Surgery, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 5:230-6. 2007..We propose the application of autofluorescence (AF)-based techniques for lymph node evaluation in colorectal and gastric tumors...
- Gravitational unloading induces osteoclast-like differentiation of FLG 29.1 cellsM Monici
CEO Centro di Eccellenza Optronica, Firenze
J Gravit Physiol 9:P261-2. 2002..The phenotypic characterization of the cells and quantitative measures of their bone resorption activity are consistent with a differentiation process through the osteoclastic pathway...
- Cell and tissue autofluorescence research and diagnostic applicationsMonica Monici
Centre of Excellence in Optronics, Florence, Italy
Biotechnol Annu Rev 11:227-56. 2005..In the past few years spectroscopic and imaging techniques have been developed for many different applications both in basic research and diagnostics...
- Modeled gravitational unloading triggers differentiation and apoptosis in preosteoclastic cellsMonica Monici
CEO Center of Excellence in Optronics, L Enrico Fermi 6, I 50125 Florence, Italy
J Cell Biochem 98:65-80. 2006..In particular, the overexpression of both RANK and its ligand RANKL, maintained even after return to 1 x g conditions, is consistent with the firing of a differentiation process via a paracrine/autocrine mechanism...