G De Gaetano
Affiliation: Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri
- Historical overview of the role of platelets in hemostasis and thrombosisG De Gaetano
Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Consorzio Mario Negri Sud, Santa Maria Imbaro, Italy
Haematologica 86:349-56. 2001..But the taming of the shrew is far from being achieved...
- Response of human platelets exposed to arachidonate upon stimulation with other agonists: possible role of Ca2+i movementZ M Chen
Laboratory of Cardiovascular Clinical Pharmacology, Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milano, Italy
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 149:1193-9. 1987..These findings suggest that thrombin may employ pools of cytoplasmic ionized calcium and/or mechanisms to mobilize it different from those utilized by arachidonate and its metabolites...
- Antiplatelet activity of 2-(6-carboxyhexyl)-3-n-hexylcyclohexylamine (IBI P-05006), a thromboxane receptor antagonistS Rotondo
Giulio Bizzozero Laboratory of Platelet and Leucocyte Pharmacology, Consorzio Mario Negri Sud, Santa Maria Imbaro, Italy
Eur J Pharmacol 232:41-5. 1993..In conclusion, IBI P-05006 inhibits in vitro human platelet aggregation through a specific mechanism of competition for the TxA2/PG-cyclic endoperoxides receptor...
- Thrombin-activated human platelets release two NAP-2 variants that stimulate polymorphonuclear leukocytesP Piccardoni
Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche, Mario Negri, Consorzio Mario Negri Sud, Santa Maria Imbaro, Italy
Thromb Haemost 76:780-5. 1996..This finding enhances our understanding of platelet-PMN interaction in thrombosis and inflammation...
- Effects of leukocyte-derived cathepsin G on platelet membrane glycoprotein Ib-IX and IIb-IIIa complexes: a comparison with thrombinM Molino
Instituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Consorzio Mario Negri Sud, Santa Maria Imbaro, Italy
Blood 82:2442-51. 1993..These changes, induced by a product of activated PMN, might reduce the reactivity of platelets to the subendothelium, while increasing their ability to undergo aggregation and release reaction...
- Effects of any epoxymethano stable analogue of prostaglandin endoperoxides (U-46619) on human plateletsG Di Minno
Thromb Haemost 45:103-6. 1981..This compound, however, aggregated washed platelets resuspended in Ca++-free-tyrode-albumin containing fibrinogen. The mechanism by which U-46619 activates platelets differs from that of all other common aggregating agents...
- More on: tissue factor in neutrophilsN Maugeri
J Thromb Haemost 3:1114. 2005
- Human polymorphonuclear leukocytes produce and express functional tissue factor upon stimulationN Maugeri
Research Laboratories, Center for High Technology Research and Education in Biomedical Sciences, Catholic University, Campobasso, Italy
J Thromb Haemost 4:1323-30. 2006..Blood-borne tissue factor (TF) plays a crucial role in thrombogenesis...
- Inhibition of tissue factor expression by hydroxyurea in polymorphonuclear leukocytes from patients with myeloproliferative disorders: a new effect for an old drug?N Maugeri
Laboratory of Cell Biology and Pharmacology of Thrombosis, Research Laboratories, Catholic University, Campobasso, Italy
J Thromb Haemost 4:2593-8. 2006..Polymorphonuclear leukocytes (PMN) from healthy subjects can produce and store tissue factor (TF), which is expressed on PMN surface upon in vitro stimulation with P-selectin...
- Platelet function, antiplatelet therapy and clinical outcomes: to test or not to test?G De Gaetano
Research Laboratories, John Paul II Centre for High Technology, Research and Education in Biomedical Sciences, Catholic University, 86100, Campobasso, Italy
J Thromb Haemost 5:1835-8. 2007