Affiliation: Istituto Nazionale Tumori
- Primary primitive peripheral neuroectodermal tumor of the prostate. Immunophenotypic and molecular study of a caseMaurizio Colecchia
Dipartimento di Patologia, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milano, Italy
Arch Pathol Lab Med 127:e190-3. 2003..To our knowledge, this is the first description of a primary peripheral primitive neuroectodermal tumor in the prostate gland...
- Validation and adaptation of a nomogram for predicting the survival of patients with extremity soft tissue sarcoma using a three-grade systemLuigi Mariani
Unit of Medical Statistics and Biometry, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Cancer 103:402-8. 2005..A nomogram for predicting long term tumor-specific death in patients with soft tissue sarcoma (STS) was developed at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC)...
- Towards the definition of the best management and prognostic factors of teratoma with malignant transformation: a single-institution case series and new proposalAndrea Necchi
Department of Medicine, Urology Unit, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
BJU Int 107:1088-94. 2011..To investigate the optimal management and prognostic factors of patients with malignant transformation (MT) in germ-cell tumour (GCT) by re-evaluating Institutional series...
- Penile cancerRoberto Salvioni
Department of Genitourinary Oncology, Urologic Oncology, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori of Milan, Milan, Italy
Urol Oncol 27:677-85. 2009..Caution is advised in administering multimodal therapy that can have severe toxicity in elderly people...
- pT1 penile squamous cell carcinoma: a clinicopathologic study of 56 cases treated by CO2 laser therapyMaurizio Colecchia
Dept of Pathology, Unit of Urology, Day Surgery, Foundation IRCCS National Institute of Tumors and Laboratory for Modeling and Scientific Computing MOX, Department of Mathematics, Milan Polytechnic, Milan, Italy
Anal Quant Cytol Histol 31:153-60. 2009..To evaluate the pathologic characteristics that are associated with outcomes in pT1 penile squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) treated with laser excision...
- An open-label, single-arm, phase 2 study of the Aurora kinase A inhibitor alisertib in patients with advanced urothelial cancerAndrea Necchi
Department of Medical Oncology, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Via G Venezian 1, 20133, Milano, Italy
Invest New Drugs 34:236-42. 2016..Progress in developing effective salvage therapies for UC is warranted. Alisertib is an orally available, selective inhibitor of the aurora kinase A...
- Imatinib mesylate in chordomaPaolo G Casali
Adult Sarcoma Medical Oncology Unit, Department of Cancer Medicine, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Cancer 101:2086-97. 2004..To the authors' knowledge, no effective medical therapy currently is available for advanced chordoma. Imatinib mesylate is a tyrosine kinase inhibitor targeting platelet-derived growth factor receptor-beta (PDGFRB), BCR-ABL, and KIT...
- Carney triad: case report and molecular analysis of gastric tumorJudith Diment
Department of Pathology, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Hum Pathol 36:112-6. 2005..The molecular analysis of the GIST, the first reported in a gastric tumor from the triad, showed a wild-type KIT and PDGFRA genes...
- Lack of SYT-SSX fusion transcripts in malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumors on RT-PCR analysis of 34 archival casesElena Tamborini
Department of Pathology, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milano, Italy
Lab Invest 82:609-18. 2002..Our results reaffirm the specificity of SYT-SSX for SS and suggest that an opposite claim made in a recent study may have been due to a faulty interpretation of the molecular results caused by a contamination of the samples...
- Retroperitoneal soft tissue sarcomas: patterns of recurrence in 167 patients treated at a single institutionAlessandro Gronchi
Department of Surgery, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milano, Italy
Cancer 100:2448-55. 2004..Several series of patients with retroperitoneal sarcoma were reported, providing widely variable data regarding local and distant failure...
- Clinicopathologic and molecular genetic characterization of low-grade fibromyxoid sarcoma, and cloning of a novel FUS/CREB3L1 fusion geneFredrik Mertens
Department of Clinical Genetics, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Lab Invest 85:408-15. 2005..Taken together, the results indicate that virtually all LGFMS are characterized by a chimeric FUS/CREB3L2 gene, and that rare cases may display a variant FUS/CREB3L1 fusion...
- Fibroblastic reticular cell tumor of the spleen: report of a case and review of the entityMaritza Martel
Department of Pathology, Hepato Pancreato Biliary Unit, National Cancer Institute, Milan, Italy
Hum Pathol 34:954-7. 2003..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first report of malignant FBRC tumor arising in the spleen. The differential diagnosis of splenic tumors with inflammatory pseudotumor-like features is discussed...
- Myomelanocytic tumor of the thighJudith Diment
Am J Surg Pathol 27:1288. 2003