Affiliation: Istituto Nazionale Tumori
- Flow cytometric phenotype of rhabdomyosarcoma bone marrow metastatic cells and its implication in differential diagnosis with neuroblastomaFabio Bozzi
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Experimental Molecular Pathology Unit, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milan, Italy
Anticancer Res 28:1565-9. 2008..Myogenin (Myf4), a specific molecular RMS marker, was also investigated in the same samples. Since neuroblastoma (NB) metastasizes to the BM, the potential application of cytometry in differential diagnosis was explored...
- Molecular detection of dopamine decarboxylase expression by means of reverse transcriptase and polymerase chain reaction in bone marrow and peripheral blood: utility as a tumor marker for neuroblastomaFabio Bozzi
Department of Medical Oncology, Division of Pediatrics, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Diagn Mol Pathol 13:135-43. 2004..These results suggest that finding DDC mRNA in NB patients could be a potential marker for minimal residual disease study...
- Detecting CD56+/NB84+/CD45- immunophenotype in the bone marrow of patients with metastatic neuroblastoma using flow cytometryFabio Bozzi
Department of Medical Oncology, Division of Pediatrics, C Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Anticancer Res 26:3281-7. 2006..In order to identify neuroblastoma cells infiltrating the bone marrow, a triple-color flow-cytometric assay was developed combining CD56 and CD45 with the intracellular anti-NB84 specific antibody...
- High CD133 expression levels in gastrointestinal stromal tumorsFabio Bozzi
Laboratory of Experimental Molecular Pathology, Department of Pathology, Fondazione IRCCS, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milan, Italy
Cytometry B Clin Cytom 80:238-47. 2011..It is therefore possible that the acquisition of secondary KIT mutations during imatinib treatment may occur in putative GIST CSCs...
- Proteomic detection of a large amount of SCGFα in the stroma of GISTs after imatinib therapyLuca Da Riva
Proteomics Laboratory, Department of Experimental Oncology and Molecular Medicine, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
J Transl Med 9:158. 2011..Recently, apoptosis and autophagy were suggested as possible alternative mechanisms of pharmacological response...
- In vitro and in silico studies of MDM2/MDMX isoforms predict Nutlin-3A sensitivity in well/de-differentiated liposarcomasFabio Bozzi
Laboratory of Experimental Molecular Pathology, Department of Pathology, Fondazione IRCCS, Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Lab Invest 93:1232-40. 2013..However, our findings predict heterogeneous responses depending on the relative expression of mdm2, mdm2-b, mdmx, and mdmx-s transcripts and proteins. ..
- Epithelioid peritoneal mesothelioma: a hybrid phenotype within a mesenchymal-epithelial/epithelial-mesenchymal transition frameworkFabio Bozzi
Laboratory of Experimental Molecular Pathology, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Milan, Italy
Oncotarget . 2016..The cell culture-based experiments confirmed the stemness traits and plasticity of E-MpM, and support the view that EZH2 is a druggable target in this tumor...
- Receptor tyrosine kinase pathway analysis sheds light on similarities between clear-cell sarcoma and metastatic melanomaTiziana Negri
Laboratory of Molecular Pathology, Department of Pathology, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 51:111-26. 2012..2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc...
- Functional mapping of receptor tyrosine kinases in myxoid liposarcomaTiziana Negri
Laboratory of Experimental Molecular Pathology, Department of Pathology, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 16:3581-93. 2010....
- Evidence for activation of KIT, PDGFRalpha, and PDGFRbeta receptors in the Ewing sarcoma family of tumorsFabio Bozzi
Experimental Molecular Pathology Unit, Department of Pathology, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori Milan, Italy
Cancer 109:1638-45. 2007..The aim of the study was to investigate the expression/activation of KIT, PDGFRalpha, and PDGFRbeta receptor tyrosine kinases (RTKs) as potential therapeutic targets in ESFT...
- Mutation-independent anaplastic lymphoma kinase overexpression in poor prognosis neuroblastoma patientsLorena Passoni
Pediatric Oncology Unit, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Milano, Italy
Cancer Res 69:7338-46. 2009..Alternative mechanisms other than direct mutations and/or gene amplification regulate the ALK level of expression in NBL cells. Wild-type ALK is a potential therapeutic target for advanced/metastatic NBLs...
- Molecular characterization of synovial sarcoma in children and adolescents: evidence of akt activationFabio Bozzi
Experimental Molecular Pathology, Department of Pathology, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milan, Italy
Transl Oncol 1:95-101. 2008..Although they need to be confirmed in larger series, these preliminary data suggest that therapeutic strategies including specific inhibitors of the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt pathway might be exploited in SS...
- Sequential chemotherapy, high-dose thiotepa, circulating progenitor cell rescue, and radiotherapy for childhood high-grade gliomaMaura Massimino
Pediatric Oncology Unit, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milan, Italy
Neuro Oncol 7:41-8. 2005..Sequential and high-dose chemotherapy can be afforded in front-line therapy of childhood malignant glioma without excessive morbidity and rather encouraging results...
- Sunitinib-induced morpho-functional changes and drug effectiveness in malignant solitary fibrous tumoursRosalin D Spagnuolo
Laboratory of Experimental Molecular Pathology, Department of Diagnostic Pathology and Laboratory, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Oncotarget 7:45015-45026. 2016..Finally, we also found that PDGFRB is one of the components of a complex that includes Beclin 1 and VPS34.The results of these tissue-based analyses provide new insights into sunitinib's mechanism of action in SFT patients...
- Immunomodulation in a treatment program including pre- and post-operative interleukin-2 and chemotherapy for childhood osteosarcomaRoberto Luksch
Department of Medical Oncology, Pediatric Unit, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Tumori 89:263-8. 2003..An additional aim was to assess whether any correlation between the immune modifications and the clinical outcome could be found...
- Establishment and characterization of a new Ewing's sarcoma cell line from a malignant pleural effusionRoberta Schiavo
Falck Division of Medical Oncology, Ospedale Niguarda Ca Granda, Milan, Italy
Anticancer Res 27:3273-8. 2007..In the present study, we report the establishment and characterization of a primary Ewing's sarcoma cell line (LDS-Falck 01)...
- Peripheral blood stem cell collection in pediatric patients: feasibility of leukapheresis under anesthesia in uncompliant small children with solid tumorsFernando Ravagnani
Immunohematology and Transfusion Medicine Service, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
J Clin Apher 21:85-91. 2006..8 x 10(6)/kg/leukapheresis (range 1-117) and the median collection efficiency was 63.4% (range 25-100.6). Leukapheresis under anesthesia is feasible and safe in very low-weight children whose compliance is lacking due to age and disease...
- MIF/CD74 axis is a target for novel therapies in colon carcinomatosisFabio Bozzi
Department of Diagnostic Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Via G Venezian 1, Milan, 20133, Italy
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 36:16. 2017..Strategies aimed at obtaining a complete cytoreduction are needed to improve long-term survival for patients with colorectal cancer peritoneal carcinomatosis (CRC-pc)...