Affiliation: Istituti Clinici di Perfezionamento
- Epileptic seizures, epilepsy and epileptic syndromes in newborns: a nosological approach to 94 new cases by the 2001 proposed diagnostic scheme for people with epileptic seizures and with epilepsyMassimo Mastrangelo
U O Neurologia Neurofisiopatologia, ICP Clinica Mangiagalli, Via Commenda 12, 20122 Milano, Italy
Seizure 14:304-11. 2005..To assess the advantages of the 2001 ILAE proposed diagnostic scheme for classification of newborns with epileptic seizures over the 1989 ILAE classification...
- Neonatal suppression-burst without epileptic seizures: expanding the electroclinical phenotype of STXBP1-related, early-onset encephalopathyMassimo Mastrangelo
Pediatric Neurology Unit, V Buzzi Children s Hospital, ICP, Milan, Italy
Epileptic Disord 15:55-61. 2013..Our findings suggest that molecular analysis of STXBP1 should be considered for newborns affected by neonatal encephalopathy associated with a peculiar EEG pattern, even in the absence of neonatal epileptic seizures...
- Acute neonatal encephalopathy and seizures recurrence: a combined aEEG/EEG studyMassimo Mastrangelo
U O Neurologia Pediatrica, V Buzzi Hospital, Milan, Italy
Seizure 22:703-7. 2013..To evaluate amplitude-integrated EEG (aEEG) in comparison with conventional (cEEG) for the identification of electrographic seizures in neonates with acute neonatal encephalopathies...
- Sleep in ring chromosome 20 syndrome: a peculiar electroencephalographic patternElena Zambrelli
San Paolo Hospital, Milan, Italy
Funct Neurol 28:47-53. 2013..The theta rhythm of wakefulness was seen to persist during REM sleep. Ring chromosome 20 syndrome shows sleep alterations that seem to be age-related. A potential role of cortical and thalamocortical dysfunction is discussed...
- High-frequency rhythmic cortical myoclonus in a long-surviving patient with nonketotic hypergylcemiaMassimo Mastrangelo
Pediatric Neurology Unit, V Buzzi Hospital, A O ICP, Milan, Italy
J Child Neurol 23:321-4. 2008..Observation of this case suggests that rhythmic cortical myoclonus may represent a late evolution of this rare disorder...
- Snyder-Robinson syndrome: a novel nonsense mutation in spermine synthase and expansion of the phenotypeAngela Peron
Clinical Genetics Service, V Buzzi Children s Hospital, ICP, Milan, Italy
Am J Med Genet A 161:2316-20. 2013....
- Focal seizures with affective symptoms are a major feature of PCDH19 gene-related epilepsyCarla Marini
Pediatric Neurology Unit, A Meyer Children s Hospital University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Epilepsia 53:2111-9. 2012..We analyzed seizure semiology through ictal video-electroencephalography (EEG) recordings in a large series of patients...
- Early myoclonic encephalopathy and nonketotic hyperglycinemiaSamantha Rossi
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Istituti Clinici di Perfezionamento, Milan, Italy
Pediatr Neurol 41:371-4. 2009....
- Clinical findings in a patient with FARS2 mutations and early-infantile-encephalopathy with epilepsyFederico Raviglione
Paediatric Neurology Unit, Children s Hospital V Buzzi, Milan, Italy
Am J Med Genet A 170:3004-3007. 2016..At the age of 3 years and 6 months, the patient was still under treatment with vigabatrin and he has been seizure free for the last 23 months. © 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc...
- The Milan Project: a newborn hearing screening programmeGiancarlo Pastorino
U O Neurologia Neurofisiopatologia, ICP, Milano, Italy
Acta Paediatr 94:458-63. 2005..O. Neurologia-Neurofisiopatologia and Dipartimento di Neonatologia of the Istituti Clinici di Perfezionamento ICP in Milan for both babies with no risk and those at risk of hearing impairment. This programme was named the Milan Project...
- Focal motor seizure with automatisms in a newbornMarilena Vecchi
Clinical Neurophysiology, Department of Pediatrics, Padova, Italy
Epileptic Disord 9:149-52. 2007..Our case contributes to the discussion regarding the semiological classification of the neonatal seizures.[Published with video sequences]...