Affiliation: Istituti Ortopedici Rizzoli
- Osteoarticular allograft reconstruction of the distal radius after bone tumour resectionG Bianchi
Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli, Bologna, Italy
J Hand Surg Br 30:369-73. 2005..Subchondral bone alterations and joint narrowing were present in all cases but were painful in only one patient. The mean range of motion was 51 degrees of flexion and 37 degrees of extension...
- Electrochemotherapy in the Treatment of Bone Metastases: A Phase II TrialGiuseppe Bianchi
Clinica Ortoepdica III, Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli, Bologna, Italy
World J Surg 40:3088-3094. 2016..However, 20-30 % of patients do not respond to conventional treatments, increasing the interest in alternative therapies. We present the results of a new minimally invasive technique in the treatment of bone metastases...
- Clear cell sarcoma of soft tissue: a retrospective review and analysis of 31 cases treated at Istituto Ortopedico RizzoliG Bianchi
III Clinica Ortopedica, Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli, Via Pupilli 1, Bologna, Italy Electronic address
Eur J Surg Oncol 40:505-10. 2014..Objective of this study was to determine outcome predictors in patients treated in our Institute. This objective included the effectiveness of surgical intervention and disease progression after surgery...
- The use of unicondylar osteoarticular allografts in reconstructions around the kneeGiuseppe Bianchi
Istituti Ortopedici Rizzoli, 5th Division, Via Pupilli, 1 40136 Bologna, Italy
Knee 16:1-5. 2009..In selected cases of distal femoral and proximal tibial tumours, UOA reconstructions give good functional outcomes with relatively few major complications...
- Imaging tumors of the patellaR Casadei
Department of Orthopaedic Oncology, Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli, Bologna, Italy Electronic address
Eur J Radiol 82:2140-8. 2013..Patellar tumors are rare; only a few series have been described in the literature and radiographic diagnosis can be challenging. We reviewed all patellar tumors at one institution and reviewed the literature...
- The treatment of bone defects in primary arthroplasty of the kneeD Tigani
Clinica Ortopedica dell Università, Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli, Bologna
Chir Organi Mov 89:29-33. 2004..Finally, the authors emphasize the need to use intramedullary stems in bone defect with the purpose of reducing stress in the metaphyseal region...
- Experience of the Rizzoli Institute in radiofrequency thermal ablation of musculoskeletal lesionsU Albisinni
Servizio di Radiologia e Diagnostica per Immagini, Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli, 40136 Bologna, Italy
J Chemother 16:75-8. 2004..Altogether we have performed over 270 procedures, mainly on OO. The experience we have gained has led us to think that the indication for this treatment can be extended to other thermosensitive lesions...
- Osteoid osteoma simulating an osteocartilaginous exostosisA Marinelli
Rizzoli Orthopedic Institute, University of Bologna, Via Pupilli 1, 40127 Bologna, Italy
Skeletal Radiol 33:181-5. 2004..An excisional biopsy provided histological evidence, clinical resolution and immediate pain relief, but incomplete resolution of the valgus deformity of the knee...
- Embolisation of bone metastases from renal cancerG Rossi
Department of Interventional Angiographic Radiology, Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli, Bologna, Italy
Radiol Med 118:291-302. 2013..This study was done to evaluate embolisation for palliative and/or adjuvant treatment of bone metastases from renal cell carcinoma and discuss the clinical and imaging results...
- Heterotopic ossifications subsequent to knee arthroplastyD Tigani
Istituti Ortopedici Rizzoli, Bologna
Chir Organi Mov 89:135-41. 2004....
- Ablation of bone cells by electroporationM Fini
Laboratory of Preclinical and Surgical Studies, Research Institute Codivilla Putti, Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute, Via Di Barbiano 1 10, 40136 Bologna, Italy
J Bone Joint Surg Br 92:1614-20. 2010..It can be an effective treatment in bone and when used in combination with drugs, an option for the treatment of metastases...
- Surgical margins do not affect prognosis in high grade myxofibrosarcomaA Sambri
Department of Orthopedic Oncology, Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli, Via Pupilli 1, Bologna, Italy Università degli Studi di Bologna, Italy Electronic address
Eur J Surg Oncol 42:1042-8. 2016..The aim of this retrospective analysis is to understand the natural history of MFS and whether adequate treatment influence prognosis...
- Intramedullary osteosynthesis after external fixationS Paderni
VII Divisione, Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli, Bologna
Chir Organi Mov 86:183-90. 2001..All of the cases achieved consolidation an average of 31 weeks after trauma, and 14.7 weeks after intramedullary synthesis. We observed the occurrence of infection in 3 cases (10%), but this did not keep consolidation from occurring...
- Hyperostosis and osteitis in Sapho syndrome: conservative or surgical treatmentG Bianchi
5 Divisione, Istituti Ortopedici Rizzoli, Bologna, Italy
Chir Organi Mov 89:45-9. 2004....
- Closed-wedge tibial osteotomy: conventional technique versus a new system of compression-dynamic fixationD Tigani
Orthopedic University Clinic of Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute, Bologna, Italy
Orthopedics 25:1265-8. 2002..02). High tibial osteotomy with an osteotomy jig provides a more accurate correction of deformity than the conventional technique...
- Low grade central chondrosarcoma of the fifth costotransverse jointTommaso Bartalena
Department of Radiology, S Orsola University Hospital, Bologna, Italy
Australas Radiol 51:B122-5. 2007..Both CT-guided core needle biopsy and excisional biopsy were consistent with grade I central CHS with myxoid change and focal areas of Grade II CHS...
- Immediate improvement in penile hemodynamics after cessation of smoking: previous resultsM C Sighinolfi
Department of Urology, University of Modena, Modena, Italy
Urology 69:163-5. 2007..To assess the chronologic relationship between the cessation of smoking and the restoration of erectile function. Smoking is associated with an increased risk of erectile dysfunction...
- Laparoscopic adrenal surgery: new frontiersSalvatore Micali
Department of Urology, University of Modena, Via del Pozzo 71, 41100 Modena, Italy
J Endourol 19:272-8. 2005..We evaluate the indications, operative techniques, and tools for partial adrenalectomy, and we discuss new surgical strategies such as cryosurgery and radiofrequency ablation...