- Different aquaporin-4 expression in glioblastoma multiforme patients with and without seizuresGianluca Isoardo
Unit of Clinical Neurophysiology, Department of Neurosurgery, CTO Hospital, Torino, Italy
Mol Med 18:1147-51. 2012..001). We conclude that reduced expression of cell surface AQP-4 is characteristic of GBM patients without seizures, likely attributable to a posttranslational mechanism...
- Neuropathic pain in post-burn hypertrophic scars: a psychophysical and neurophysiological studyGianluca Isoardo
Unit of Neurophysiology, Hospital CTO Maria Adelaide, Torino, Italy
Muscle Nerve 45:883-90. 2012..Controls included 9 patients with non-painful PPS, 52 healthy subjects, and 28 patients with carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS)...
- Sporadic bulbospinal muscle atrophy with facial-onset sensory neuropathyGianluca Isoardo
Unit di Neurofisiologia, Divisione di Neurochirurgia, Azienda Sanitaria CTO, Torino, Italy
Muscle Nerve 37:659-62. 2008..The present report provides information about a further patient with FOSMN in order to better characterize the clinical and laboratory features of this disease...
- X-linked Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease and progressive-relapsing central demyelinating diseaseG Isoardo
SOC Neurologia, Ospedale Civile di Asti, Asti, Italy
Neurology 65:1672-3. 2005
- Immunodetection of anti-MAG IgM antibody by cross-reactivity to LA-N-1 neuroblastoma cellsGianluca Isoardo
SOC Neurologia, Ospedale Civile di Asti, 14100 Asti, Italy
J Neuroimmunol 161:78-86. 2005..We report here on the evaluation of the LA-N-1 cell line as an appropriate substrate for the detection of anti-MAG antibody by indirect immunoflourescence...
- Differential diagnosis of chronic dysimmune demyelinating polyneuropathies with and without anti-MAG antibodiesG Isoardo
Divisione di Neurologia, Ospedale Civile, Via Botallo 4, 14100 Asti, Italy
Muscle Nerve 31:52-8. 2005....
- Does high-dose interferon beta-1b improve clinical response in more severely disabled multiple sclerosis patients?L Durelli
Clinica Neurologica, Dipartimento di Neuroscienze, Universita di Torino, I 10126, Torino, Italy
J Neurol Sci 178:37-41. 2000..Baseline EDSS score of non-responders was higher than that of responders. Frequency and severity of adverse events were trending higher and dropout frequency higher in 12 MIU IFNB-treated patients...
- Thalidomide neuropathy: clinical, electrophysiological and neuroradiological featuresG Isoardo
Dipartimento di Neuroscienze, Universita di Torino, Torino, Italia
Acta Neurol Scand 109:188-93. 2004..Spinal cord magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) was found to be useful in the diagnosis of sensory ganglionopathies and we use it to determine if thalidomide neuropathy has features of a ganglionopathy...
- Terminal latency index in polyneuropathy with IgM paraproteinemia and anti-MAG antibodyD Cocito
Unità Operativa di Neurofisiologia Clinica, Dipartimento di Neuroscienze, Universita di Torino, Via Cherasco 15, 10126 Torino, Italy
Muscle Nerve 24:1278-82. 2001..Mean TLI values and TLIs of all but the peroneal nerve were significantly lower in MAG-CIDP. Median nerve TLI of 0.26 and ulnar nerve TLI of 0.33 were identified as the threshold TLI values for MAG-CIDP...
- Subclinical electrophysiological alterations of phrenic nerve in chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathyDario Cocito
U O Neurofisiologia Clinica, Dipartimento di Neuroscienze Università di Torino, Via Cherasco 15, 10126 Torino, Italy
J Neurol 252:916-20. 2005..Electrophysiological alterations of the PN were observed in a high percentage of the CIDP patients studied. No statistically significant correlation was observed between PN and PFTs alterations...
- Electrophysiological findings of peripheral neuropathy in newly diagnosed type II diabetes mellitusEugenia Rota
UO Neurofisiologia Clinica, Dipartimento di Neuroscienze, Universita di Torino, Italy
J Peripher Nerv Syst 10:348-53. 2005..In conclusion, a high percentage of newly diagnosed DM patients show signs of neuropathy, and upper limb nerve sensory NCS seem to be more sensitive in detecting it than lower limb NCS...
- Intravenous immunoglobulin as first treatment in diabetics with concomitant distal symmetric axonal polyneuropathy and CIDPDario Cocito
U O A D U Neurologia I, Dipartimento di Neuroscienze, Universita di Torino, Via Cherasco 15, 10126 Turin, Italy
J Neurol 249:719-22. 2002..Our findings suggest that IVIg had small but detectable beneficial effects on diabetic patients with CIDP and a high degree of axonal damage...
- Different clinical, electrophysiological and immunological features of CIDP associated with paraproteinaemiaD Cocito
Laboratorio di Neurofisiologia Clinica, Dipartimento di Neuroscienze, Universita di Torino, Torino, Italy
Acta Neurol Scand 108:274-80. 2003..Low response to immunomodulating treatment in patients with mainly motor CIDP should prompt a careful research of an underlying osteosclerotic myeloma...
- Traumatic peripheral nerve injuries: epidemiological findings, neuropathic pain and quality of life in 158 patientsPalma Ciaramitaro
Clinical Neurophysiology Unit, Neurosurgery Division, AOU CTO, Torino, Italy
J Peripher Nerv Syst 15:120-7. 2010..Severe neuropathic pain and not only disability contributed to worsening the quality of life in patients with traumatic neuropathies...
- Autoantibodies in multiple sclerosis patients before and during IFN-beta 1b treatment: are they correlated with the occurrence of autoimmune diseases?E Verdun
Clinica Neurologica, Dipartimento di Neuroscienze, Universita di Torino, Torino, Italy
J Interferon Cytokine Res 22:245-55. 2002..Our study indicates that IFN-beta treatment is a safe treatment for MS patients, free of risk of autoimmunity and of associated liver or thyroid function alteration...