Giovanni de Girolamo
Affiliation: IRCCS Centro San Giovanni di Dio Fatebenefratelli
- Is psychiatric residential facility discharge possible and predictable? A multivariate analytical approach applied to a prospective study in ItalyG de Girolamo
IRCCS St John of God Fatebenefratelli, Via Pilastroni, 4, 25125, Brescia, Italy
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 49:157-67. 2014..Despite the magnitude of this development, longitudinal studies surveying fairly large resident samples and yielding important information on this population have been very few...
- A multi-element psychosocial intervention for early psychosis (GET UP PIANO TRIAL) conducted in a catchment area of 10 million inhabitants: study protocol for a pragmatic cluster randomized controlled trialMirella Ruggeri
Section of Psychiatry, Department of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Verona and Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Integrata Verona, Verona, Italy
Trials 13:73. 2012....
- The characteristics and activities of child and adolescent mental health services in Italy: a regional surveyLaura Pedrini
IRCCS Centro San Giovanni di Dio Fatebenefratelli, Brescia Italy
BMC Psychiatry 12:7. 2012....
- Age of onset of mental disorders and use of mental health services: needs, opportunities and obstaclesG de Girolamo
IRCCS Fatebenefratelli, via Pilastroni 4, 25125 Brescia, Italy
Epidemiol Psychiatr Sci 21:47-57. 2012..In this review, we provide an update of recent studies on the age of onset (AOO) of the major mental disorders, with a special focus on the availability and use of services providing prevention and early intervention...
- Long-stay in short-stay inpatient facilities: risk factors and barriers to dischargeAntonella Gigantesco
Mental Health Unit, Center of Epidemiology, Health Surveillance and Promotion, Italian National Institute of Health, Roma, Italy
BMC Public Health 9:306. 2009....
- Cross-national epidemiology of DSM-IV major depressive episodeEvelyn Bromet
Department of Psychiatry, State University of New York at Stony Brook, South Campus, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8790, NY, USA
BMC Med 9:90. 2011..In this paper, we present data on the prevalence, impairment and demographic correlates of depression from 18 high and low- to middle-income countries in the World Mental Health Survey Initiative...
- Violent behavior of patients living in psychiatric residential facilities: a comparison of male patients with different violence historiesValentina Candini
IRCCS St John of God Fatebenefratelli, Brescia, Italy
Int J Law Psychiatry 39:46-51. 2015..The presence of a history of violent behavior in the past significantly increases the probability of committing aggressive acts in the future. ..
- A prospective, multidimensional follow-up study of a geriatric hospitalised population: predictors of discharge and well-beingJessica Dagani
IRCCS Centro San Giovanni di Dio, Fatebenefratelli, via Pilastroni 4, Brescia, Italy
Aging Clin Exp Res 25:691-701. 2013..g., cognitive impairment and dementia; movement disorders; bone fractures and immobilisation syndrome; or stroke), of the St. John of God Order during a 4-month-long index period...
- Monitoring and evaluating the Italian mental health system: the "Progetto Residenze" study and beyondAngelo Picardi
Mental Health Unit, National Center of Epidemiology, Surveillance and Health Promotion, Rome, Italy and IRCCS Fatebenefratelli, Brescia, Italy
J Nerv Ment Dis 202:451-9. 2014....
- The effect of service satisfaction and spiritual well-being on the quality of life of patients with schizophreniaMariangela Lanfredi
IRCCS San Giovanni di Dio Fatebenefratelli, Brescia, Italy
Psychiatry Res 216:185-91. 2014..Rehabilitation plans for people with schizophrenia living in RFs should also consider mediators of change in subjective QOL such as satisfaction with mental health services...
- Prevalence and Risk Factors of Violence by Psychiatric Acute Inpatients: A Systematic Review and Meta-AnalysisLaura Iozzino
Psychiatric Epidemiology and Evaluation Unit, IRCCS Centro San Giovanni di Dio Fatebenefratelli, Brescia, Italy Department of Public Health and Community Medicine, Section of Psychiatry, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
PLoS ONE 10:e0128536. 2015..Violence in acute psychiatric wards affects the safety of other patients and the effectiveness of treatment. However, there is a wide variation in reported rates of violence in acute psychiatric wards...
- Moderate efficiency of clinicians' predictions decreased for blurred clinical conditions and benefits from the use of BRASS index. A longitudinal study on geriatric patients' outcomesGiulia Signorini
Psychiatric Epidemiology and Evaluation Unit, Saint John of God Clinical Research Centre, via Pilastroni 4, Brescia, Italy
J Clin Epidemiol 69:51-60. 2016..This study aims to examine the accuracy of clinical prognostic predictions and to devise prediction models combining clinical variables and clinicians' prognosis for a geriatric patient sample...
- Is structured group psychoeducation for bipolar patients effective in ordinary mental health services? A controlled trial in ItalyValentina Candini
IRCCS St John of God Fatebenefratelli Brescia, via Pilastroni 4, Brescia 25125, Italy
J Affect Disord 151:149-55. 2013..The present study evaluated the effectiveness of psychoeducation in routine mental health services in reducing number of hospitalisations and number of days spent in hospital, at a 1-year follow-up...