Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Institute of Neurobiology and Molecular Medicine
- Tyrosine kinase nerve growth factor receptor switches from prosurvival to proapoptotic activity via Abeta-mediated phosphorylationC Matrone
Institute of Neurobiology and Molecular Medicine, National Research Council, via del Fosso del Fiorano 64, 00143 Rome, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:11358-63. 2009....
- APP is phosphorylated by TrkA and regulates NGF/TrkA signalingCarmela Matrone
Institute of Cellular Biology and Neurobiology, National Council of Research of Rome, 00143 Rome, Italy
J Neurosci 31:11756-61. 2011..This evidence suggests that these two membrane protein's functions are strictly interconnected and that the NGF/TrkA signaling pathway is involved in AD pathogenesis and can be used as a therapeutic target...
- Does the term 'trophic' actually mean anti-amyloidogenic? The case of NGFP Calissano
Institute of Neurobiology and Molecular Medicine, via del Fosso di Fiorano 64 65, Rome 00143, Italy
Cell Death Differ 17:1126-33. 2010..This inhibitory action appears to be mediated by a complex series of molecular events and by interactions among NGF receptors (TrkA and p75), APP processing and tau metabolic fate and function...
- Substance P activates ADAM9 mRNA expression and induces α-secretase-mediated amyloid precursor protein cleavageR Marolda
Institute of Cell Biology and Neurobiology, CNR, Via del Fosso di Fiorano, 65, 00143 Rome, Italy
Neuropharmacology 62:1954-63. 2012..In addition to its neuroprotective properties, this study shows that SP is able to stimulate non-amyloidogenic APP processing, thereby reducing the possibility of generation of toxic Aβ peptides in brain...
- Nerve growth factor as a paradigm of neurotrophins related to Alzheimer's diseaseP Calissano
Institute of Neurobiology and Molecular Medicine, C N R Fondazione Santa Lucia, Italy
Dev Neurobiol 70:372-83. 2010..In this scenario, the so-called trophic action exerted by NGF (and possibly also by other neurotrophins) in these targets neurons is actually the result of an anti-amyloidogenic activity...