Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment
- Expression of the c-ErbB-2/HER2 proto-oncogene in normal hematopoietic cellsFrancesco Leone
Department of Oncological Sciences, University of Torino Medical School, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, IRCC Candiolo, Italy
J Leukoc Biol 74:593-601. 2003..Studies in progress aim to clarify the role of c-ErbB-2 in regulation of this process in hematopoietic tissues...
- Induction gemcitabine and oxaliplatin therapy followed by a twice-weekly infusion of gemcitabine and concurrent external-beam radiation for neoadjuvant treatment of locally advanced pancreatic cancer: a single institutional experienceFrancesco Leone
University of Turin, Medical Oncology Department, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, Candiolo, Italy
Cancer 119:277-84. 2013..In this study, they evaluated the use of induction chemotherapy followed by a CRT neoadjuvant protocol...
- Somatic mutations of epidermal growth factor receptor in bile duct and gallbladder carcinomaFrancesco Leone
Department of Clinical Oncology, Unit of Pathology, University of Torino Medical School, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, Candiolo, Turin, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 12:1680-5. 2006..Therefore, we analyzed EGFR mutations and related pathways in gallbladder and bile duct carcinomas to consider the possible application of these alternative therapeutic strategies...
- Tumor cell purging by ex vivo expansion of hemopoietic stem cells from breast cancer patients combined with targeting ErbB receptorsFrancesco Leone
Division of Medical Oncology, University of Turin Medical School, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, Turin, Italy
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 12:68-74. 2006..Target-based agents against ErbB-2, epidermal growth factor receptor, or both--such as trastuzumab or gefitinib--might increase the efficiency of purging...
- Antitumor activity of Src inhibitor saracatinib (AZD-0530) in preclinical models of biliary tract carcinomasGiuliana Cavalloni
Department of Medical Oncology, University of Turin Medical School, Turin, Italy
Mol Cancer Ther 11:1528-38. 2012..We propose our results as a basis for the design of saracatinib-based clinical applications...
- Targeting EGFR/HER2 pathways enhances the antiproliferative effect of gemcitabine in biliary tract and gallbladder carcinomasYmera Pignochino
Department of Medical Oncology, University of Torino Medical School, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, Candiolo, Italy
BMC Cancer 10:631. 2010..Furthermore, we tested the efficacy of drugs targeting these molecules, as single agents or in combination with gemcitabine, the standard therapeutic agent against BTC...
- Granulocyte-colony stimulating factor upregulates ErbB2 expression on breast cancer cell lines and converts primary resistance to trastuzumabGiuliana Cavalloni
Department of Medical Oncology, University of Torino Medical School, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, Candiolo, Torino, Italy
Anticancer Drugs 19:689-96. 2008..G-CSF treatment increases ErbB2 expression in vitro and in vivo enhancing the activity of trastuzumab on BC cell lines inducing apoptosis of BC cells with low or no ErbB2 genomic amplification...
- Outcome of metastatic colorectal cancer: analysis of a consecutive series of 229 patients. The impact of a multidisciplinary approachElisa Sperti
Division of Medical Oncology, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, Candiolo Turin, Italy
Dis Colon Rectum 49:1596-601. 2006..New chemotherapy agents and integrated treatments have improved the prognosis of patients with metastatic colorectal cancer...
- Panitumumab in combination with infusional oxaliplatin and oral capecitabine for conversion therapy in patients with colon cancer and advanced liver metastases. The MetaPan studyFrancesco Leone
Department of Medical Oncology, Piemonte Oncology Foundation, IRCC Candiolo, Candiolo, Italy
Cancer 119:3429-35. 2013....
- Establishment and characterization of a human intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma cell line derived from an Italian patientGiuliana Cavalloni
Medical Oncology Division, Fondazione del Piemonte per l Oncologia FPO, Candiolo Cancer Institute IRCCS, Strada Provinciale 142, km 3, 95, 10060, Candiolo, Turin, Italy
Tumour Biol 37:4041-52. 2016..We established the first ICC cell line derived from an Italian patient. It will help to study either the biology of this tumor or to test drugs both in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Establishment of a patient-derived intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma xenograft model with KRAS mutationGiuliana Cavalloni
Fondazione del Piemonte per l Oncologia FPO, Candiolo Cancer Institute IRCCS, Candiolo, Italy
BMC Cancer 16:90. 2016..In this work, we created and characterized a novel ICC patient-derived xenograft (PDX) model of Italian origin...
- Anti-cancer effect and gene modulation of ET-743 in human biliary tract carcinoma preclinical modelsCaterina Peraldo-Neia
University of Turin Medical School, Department of Oncology, IRCCS Candiolo, Strada Provinciale 142, km 3, 95, Candiolo, 10060 Turin, Italy
BMC Cancer 14:918. 2014..However, primary or acquired resistance is inevitable and no second-line chemotherapy is demonstrated to be effective. Thus, there is an urgent need to identify new alternative (chemo)therapy approaches...
- Preclinical activity of EGFR and MEK1/2 inhibitors in the treatment of biliary tract carcinomaGiuliana Cavalloni
Medical Oncology Division, Fondazione del Piemonte per l Oncologia FPO, Candiolo Cancer Institute IRCCS, Candiolo, Italy
Oncotarget . 2016..In conclusion, this preclinical study provides a rational to plan clinical trials assessing the efficacy of Trametinib in K-RAS mutated BTC patients and the combination with anti-EGFR in WT BTC patients...
- Successful treatment of gemcitabine-induced acute interstitial pneumonia with imatinib mesylate: a case reportElisabetta Fenocchio
Department of Medical Oncology, University of Turin Medical School, Candiolo Cancer Institute, FPO, IRCCS, Str Prov le 142 Km 3 95, 10060, Candiolo, Turin, Italy
BMC Cancer 16:793. 2016..Despite its low incidence, the spectrum of pulmonary injury is wide, including potentially fatal conditions. We report a case of acute interstitial pneumonia related to gemcitabine, completely solved with Imatinib Mesylate (IM)...
- Biliary tract carcinomas: from chemotherapy to targeted therapyDonatella Marino
Department of Medical Oncology, University of Turin Medical School, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment IRCC, Candiolo, Italy
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 85:136-48. 2013..In this review we will discuss the clinical experience with systemic treatment for BTC, focusing on future directions with targeted therapies...
- Gene and microRNA modulation upon trabectedin treatment in a human intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma paired patient derived xenograft and cell lineCaterina Peraldo Neia
University of Turin Medical School, Department of Oncology, IRCCS Institute Candiolo, Italy
Oncotarget . 2016....
- Involvement of chemokine receptor 4/stromal cell-derived factor 1 system during osteosarcoma tumor progressionEliana Perissinotto
Department of Oncological Sciences and Laboratories of Clinical Oncology, University of Turin Medical School, IRCC Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, Strada Provinciale 142, 10060 Candiolo, Turin, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 11:490-7. 2005....
- Screening for the FIG-ROS1 fusion in biliary tract carcinomas by nested PCRCaterina Peraldo Neia
Department of Oncology, University of Turin Medical School, IRCCS Candiolo, Turin, Italy
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 53:1033-40. 2014..In conclusion, 14-16% of GBC and ECC were positive for FIG-ROS1. This may have clinical implications, since these patients will potentially benefit from the treatment with specific ROS1 inhibitors...
- Reduced-intensity allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in metastatic colorectal cancer as a novel adoptive cell therapy approach. The European group for blood and marrow transplantation experienceMassimo Aglietta
Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Oncological Sciences, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, Candiolo and University of Torino Medical School, Turin, Italy
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 15:326-35. 2009..The study of an allogeneic cell based therapy in less advanced patients is warranted...
- The 41st Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology. Orlando, FL, USA, 13-17 May, 2005Filippo Montemurro
Unit of Medical Oncology, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, IRCC Candiolo, Strada Provinciale 142, 10060 Candiolo, Turin, Italy
Expert Opin Pharmacother 6:2907-21. 2005..However, at present, for most of the diseases, improvements brought about by the newer therapies are small, although clinically meaningful. This review will briefly address some of the most interesting data presented at ASCO 2005...
- Linifanib: current status and future potential in cancer therapyCaterina Aversa
Department of Oncology, University of Torino Medical School, Torino, Italy
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 15:677-87. 2015..New strategies aimed at finding biomarkers of response and minimizing toxicities are needed to allow the further development of a promising compound. ..
- Panitumumab in combination with gemcitabine and oxaliplatin does not prolong survival in wild-type KRAS advanced biliary tract cancer: A randomized phase 2 trial (Vecti-BIL study)Francesco Leone
Department of Oncology, University of Turin Medical School Piedmont Foundation for Oncology, Candiolo Cancer Institute FPO, IRCCS, Candiolo, Italy
Cancer 122:574-81. 2016..Biliary tract cancer (BTC) is a rare and lethal disease with few therapeutic options. Preclinical data suggest that the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) pathway could be involved in its progression...
- Activator protein-2 overexpression accounts for increased insulin receptor expression in human breast cancerFrancesco Paonessa
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale e Clinica G Salvatore, Università di Catanzaro Magna Graecia, Catanzaro, Italy
Cancer Res 66:5085-93. 2006..Our findings support this hypothesis and suggest that in affected individuals, hyperactivation of the AP-2 gene through the overexpression of IR may play a key role in breast carcinogenesis...
- Targeting of epidermal growth factor receptor in patients affected by biliary tract carcinomaFrancesco Leone
J Clin Oncol 25:1145; author reply 1145-6. 2007