Affiliation: Sapienza University of Rome, Department of Radiology, Oncology and Human Pathology
Location: Rome, Italy
- Follow-up of high-grade squamous intra-epithelial lesions (H-SIls) in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-positive and human papillomavirus (HPV)-positive women. analysis of risk factorsAntonio Frega
Department of Gynecology, Perinatology and Child Health, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Anticancer Res 26:3167-70. 2006..Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-positive women are at high risk of co-infection from human papillomavirus (HPV) and of developing squamous intraepithelial lesions of the cervix...
- Is it possible to optimize the use of targeted therapies in the treatment of renal cell carcinoma?Giuseppe Procopio
Tumori 96:794-5. 2010
- The end of chemotherapy in renal cell carcinoma: for much but not for allRoberto Iacovelli
Am J Clin Oncol 33:522-3. 2010
- Dermatomyositis as first clinical appearance for a thymic epidermoid cell carcinomaRoberto Iacovelli
Department of Experimental Medicine Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Acta Biomed 81:68-71. 2010..Only the immunohistochemical staining technique allowed a definitive histological diagnosis. We report the diagnostic challenge and the therapeutic approach of thymic neoplasia...
- Neoadjuvant targeted therapy in renal cell carcinomaRoberto Iacovelli
Nat Rev Urol 7:doi:10.1038/nrurol.2010.2-c1; author reply doi:10.1038/nrurol.2010.2-c2. 2010
- Molecular markers in circulating tumour cells from metastatic colorectal cancer patientsPaola Gazzaniga
Department of Experimental Medicine, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
J Cell Mol Med 14:2073-7. 2010....
- Renal cell carcinoma: incidence and cost estimation in the era of targeted therapyRoberto Iacovelli
Tumori 96:361. 2010
- Past, present and future of targeted therapy in solid tumorsA Palazzo
Division of Medical Oncology, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Curr Cancer Drug Targets 10:433-61. 2010..We also focus on new targeted strategies, still under investigation, able to affect simultaneously tightly interconnected biological pathways or directed against new molecular targets...
- Verrucous carcinoma of the cervix: detection of carcinogenetic human papillomavirus types and their role during follow-upAntonio Frega
Department of Gynecology, Perinatology and Childhealth, University Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Anticancer Res 27:4491-4. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the presence of HPV in verrucous carcinomas of the cervix and to investigate the persistence and the role of high risk HPV types in follow-up...
- Clinical management and follow-up of squamous intraepithelial cervical lesions during pregnancy and postpartumAntonio Frega
Department of Gynecology, Perinatology and Childhealth, University La Sapienza Rome, Italy
Anticancer Res 27:2743-6. 2007..The objective of the study was to assess proper management of squamous intraepithelial lesion (SIL) during and after pregnancy, to assess regression, persistence and risk of progression and the predictive role of HPV tests...
- Neo-adjuvant and adjuvant chemotherapy in bladder cancerG D'Auria
Department of Medical Oncology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Ann Oncol 18:vi162-3. 2007
- Regression rate of clinical HPV infection of the lower genital tract during pregnancy after laser CO2 surgeryA Frega
Department of Gynecology, Perinatology and Childhealth, University La Sapienza of Rome, Italy
Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 33:93-5. 2006..Rarity of respiratory papillomatosis makes conclusions inconsistent for the prevention of vertical infection...
- Prevalence of acetowhite areas in male partners of women affected by HPV and squamous intra-epithelial lesions (SIL) and their prognostic significance. A multicenter studyAntonio Frega
Department of Gynecology, Perinatology and Child Health, University of Rome La Sapienza, Policlinic Umberto I, Viale Regina Elena 324, Rome, Italy
Anticancer Res 26:3171-4. 2006..The prognostic significance of acetowhite areas, of male partners of women affected by HPV and preneoplastic lesions, was evaluated...
- Evidence and Clinical Relevance of Tumor Flare in Patients Who Discontinue Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors for Treatment of Metastatic Renal Cell CarcinomaRoberto Iacovelli
Medical Oncology Department, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France Department of Radiology, Oncology and Human Pathology, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy Electronic address
Eur Urol 68:154-60. 2015..Preclinical data suggest that cessation of anti-VEGF therapy may generate a tumor flare (TF) but its clinical relevance is still questionable...
- Inhibition of the VEGF/VEGFR pathway improves survival in advanced kidney cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysisRoberto Iacovelli
Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Medical Oncology Unit, Via Giacomo Venezian 1, 20133 Milan, Italy
Curr Drug Targets 16:164-70. 2015..88; 95%CI, 0.79 - 0.97; p=0.010) in the risk of death. Our analysis reports a positive improvement of OS with the inhibition of the VEGF/VEGFR pathway in mRCC. ..
- Targeted therapies and complete responses in first line treatment of metastatic renal cell carcinoma. A meta-analysis of published trialsRoberto Iacovelli
Sapienza University of Rome, Department of Radiology, Oncology and Human Pathology, Viale Regina Elena 324, 00161 Rome, Italy Electronic address
Cancer Treat Rev 40:271-5. 2014..Probably, some biologic factors other than angiogenesis may influence the complete response in this disease...
- Abiraterone acetate in castration-resistant prostate cancerRoberto Iacovelli
Departments of Radiology, Oncology and Human Pathology, Oncology Unit, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Anticancer Drugs 23:247-54. 2012..The role of possible predictive biomarkers and future perspectives are also discussed...
- Clinical and pathological features of primary renal synovial sarcoma: analysis of 64 cases from 11 years of medical literatureRoberto Iacovelli
Department of Radiology, Oncology and Human Pathology, Oncology Unit B, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
BJU Int 110:1449-54. 2012..To describe, for the first time, the clinical characteristics of primary renal synovial sarcoma (SS) and to examine the association of histological features with the expression of immunohistochemical markers...
- Incidence and risk of pulmonary toxicity in patients treated with mTOR inhibitors for malignancy. A meta-analysis of published trialsRoberto Iacovelli
Dipartimento di Scienze Radiologiche, Oncologiche e Anatomo Patologiche, Sapienza Universita di Roma, Rome, Italy
Acta Oncol 51:873-9. 2012..Since their approval, several cases of pulmonary toxicity (PT) have been described. This analysis aims to report the incidence and the risk of PT in published randomized controlled trials...
- Genital and inguinal cutaneous toxicity in male and female patients treated with sunitinibRoberto Iacovelli
Department of Radiology Oncology and Human Pathology, Division of Oncology, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Int J Dermatol 51:221-2. 2012..Several cutaneous toxicities have been observed with Sunitinib and among those scrotal cutaneous toxicity could affect 12.5% of patients after an average 66 days of exposure to treatment...