Affiliation: Hospital of Piacenza
- Primary lung lymphomaDaniele Vallisa
Oncological Medicine and Hematology, Piacenza, Italy
Curr Drug Targets Inflamm Allergy 3:469-71. 2004....
- Role of anti-hepatitis C virus (HCV) treatment in HCV-related, low-grade, B-cell, non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: a multicenter Italian experienceDaniele Vallisa
Department of Oncology and Hematology, G da Saliceto Hospital, Piacenza, Via Taverna 49, 29100 Piacenza, Italy
J Clin Oncol 23:468-73. 2005..The biologic mechanisms underlying the lymphomagenic activity of the virus so far are under investigation. In this study, the role of antiviral (anti-HCV) treatment in B-NHL associated with HCV infection is evaluated...
- Primary pancreatic lymphoma. A report of five casesAnnalisa Arcari
Department of Medical Oncology and Haematology, Hospital of Piacenza, Via Taverna 49, 29100 Piacenza, Italy E mail
Haematologica 90:ECR09. 2005
- Rituximab in combination with fludarabine and cyclophosphamide in the treatment of patients with recurrent follicular lymphomaStefano Sacchi
Department of Oncology and Hematology, University of Modena, Modena, Italy
Cancer 110:121-8. 2007..The current study was conducted to asses the safety profile and clinical activity of rituximab in combination with fludarabine and cyclophosphamide in patients with recurrent follicular lymphoma (FL)...
- Jaw avascular bone necrosis associated with long-term use of bisphosphonatesRaffaella Bertè
Medical Oncology and Hematology Department, Guglielmo da Saliceto Hospital, Piacenza, Italy
Tumori 92:361. 2006
- Safety and efficacy of enoxaparin treatment in venous thromboembolic disease during acute leukemiaDavide Imberti
Third Internal Medicine Unit and Medical Oncology and Haematology, Civic Hospital, Piacenza, Italy
Tumori 90:390-3. 2004..The best treatment of this complication is still a matter of debate due to the very high risk of hemorrhage in this group of patients...
- Primary pancreatic lymphoma. Report of five casesAnnalisa Arcari
Department of Medical Oncology and Haematology, Hospital of Piacenza, Via Taverna 49, 29100 Piacenza, Italy
Haematologica 90:ECR09. 2005....
- Ultrasound-guided central venous catheterization in cancer patients improves the success rate of cannulation and reduces mechanical complications: a prospective observational study of 1,978 consecutive catheterizationsLuigi Cavanna
Oncology Hematology Department, Hospital of Piacenza, Piacenza, Italy
World J Surg Oncol 8:91. 2010..The aim of this prospective observational study was to explore the safety and efficacy of CVC insertion under ultrasound (US) guidance and to confirm its utility in clinical practice in cancer patients...
- Introduction of rituximab in front-line and salvage therapies has improved outcome of advanced-stage follicular lymphoma patientsStefano Sacchi
Department of Oncology and Hematology, University of Modena, Modena, Italy
Cancer 109:2077-82. 2007....
- Safety and efficacy of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor biosimilars in engraftment after autologous stem cell transplantation for haematological malignancies: a 4-year, single institute experience with different conditioning regimensSimona Bassi
Haematology Unit and Bone Marrow Transplant Centre, Guglielmo da Saliceto Hospital, Piacenza, Italy
Blood Transfus 13:478-83. 2015..Published experience in engraftment after autologous stem cell transplantation (ASCT) is limited and concerns relatively few patients...
- Inversion time prolongation at late enhancement cardiac MRI in a myeloma patientElena Belloni
Department of Radiology, Guglielmo da Saliceto Hospital, Piacenza, Italy
Diagn Interv Radiol 18:552-4. 2012..This report presents the clinical case of this patient, and discusses potential implications...
- Role of image-guided fine-needle aspiration biopsy in the management of patients with splenic metastasisLuigi Cavanna
Medical Oncology and Hematology Department, Hospital of Piacenza, 29100 Piacenza, Italy
World J Surg Oncol 5:13. 2007..The aims of this study are to analyse retrospectively the accuracy, safety and the clinical impact of ultrasound (US)-guided fine-needle aspiration biopsy (UG-FNAB) in patients with suspected splenic metastasis...
- Autologous bone marrow stem cell intralesional transplantation repairing bisphosphonate related osteonecrosis of the jawLuigi Cella
Department of Oncology and Hematology, Hospital of Piacenza, Via Taverna, 49, 29100, Italy
Head Face Med 7:16. 2011....
- Bone marrow cell transplantation improves cardiac, autonomic, and functional indexes in acute anterior myocardial infarction patients (Cardiac Study)Massimo F Piepoli
Department of Cardiology, Guglielmo da Saliceto Polichirurgico Hospital, Piacenza 29100, Italy
Eur J Heart Fail 12:172-80. 2010..Exercise stress SPECT was also performed...
- Post-traumatic glioma: report of two casesElisa Anselmi
Department of Oncology and Hematology, Hospital of Piacenza, Piacenza, Italy
Tumori 92:175-7. 2006..As stated by other authors, an association between head trauma and brain tumor risk cannot be ruled out and should be studied further...
- Safety and efficacy of rituximab plus bendamustine in relapsed or refractory diffuse large B-cell lymphoma patients: an Italian retrospective multicenter studyAnnalisa Arcari
a Hematology Unit, Department of Onco Hematology, Guglielmo da Saliceto Hospital, Piacenza, Italy
Leuk Lymphoma 57:1823-30. 2016..Toxicity was moderate, mainly grades 1 and 2. R-B showed promising efficacy results with an acceptable toxicity profile and should be further investigated, possibly in combination with novel drugs. ..
- Advanced waldenström's macroglobulinemia: a case of possible cure after systemic chemotherapy, splenic radiation and splenectomyLuigi Cavanna
Medical Oncology and Hematology, Civic Hospital, Piacenza, Italy
Acta Haematol 108:97-101. 2002..This interesting case report, with advanced WM, alive, in good health and without signs of disease 18 years from diagnosis, is presented here and the role of splenectomy is debated...
- Splenic marginal zone lymphoma: a prognostic model for clinical useLuca Arcaini
Division of Hematology, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, University of Pavia, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Blood 107:4643-9. 2006..In conclusion, with the use of readily available factors, this prognostic index may be an effective tool for evaluating the need for treatment and the intensity of therapy in an individual patient...
- Splenic and nodal marginal zone lymphomas are indolent disorders at high hepatitis C virus seroprevalence with distinct presenting features but similar morphologic and phenotypic profilesLuca Arcaini
Division of Hematology, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, University of Pavia, Italy
Cancer 100:107-15. 2004..Splenic and nodal marginal zone lymphomas (MZL) are subtypes of marginal zone-derived neoplasms. Due to their rarity, little is known concerning their relation, pattern of dissemination, and treatment outcome...
- Development of hypogammaglobulinemia in patients treated with imatinib for chronic myeloid leukemia or gastrointestinal stromal tumorRita Santachiara
Department of Oncology and Haematology, Hematology Division, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy
Haematologica 93:1252-5. 2008..Prospective studies are needed to evaluate immune humoral alterations and to define the real incidence of infectious events, including viral reactivations...
- A singular case of multiple myeloma and primary biliary cirrhosis strictly associated in pathogenesis and response to alkylating therapyAntonio Lazzaro
Am J Hematol 81:557. 2006
- Presentation of esophageal cancer with solitary splenic metastasisLuigi Cavanna
Am J Clin Oncol 28:636-7. 2005
- Human herpesvirus 8-associated primary effusion lymphoma in HIV--patients: a clinicopidemiologic variant resembling classic Kaposi's sarcomaValeria Ascoli
Haematologica 87:339-43. 2002