- Mitral valve endocarditis in a severe burn patientL Gianesello
Department of Critical Medical Surgical Area, Section of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Florence, Italy
Minerva Anestesiol 75:530-2. 2009..Bacterial endocarditis represents a rare cause of fatal septicemia complicating thermal injury. The authors focus on diagnosis and on timing of surgical treatment...
- The influence of interscalene block technique on adverse hemodynamic eventsLara Gianesello
Section of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Department of Critical Medical Surgical Area, University Hospital Careggi, Largo Brambilla, 1, 50143, Florence, Italy
J Anesth 28:407-12. 2014..The purpose of the present study is to compare ultrasound and neurostimulation technique in preventing hypertension after ISB...
- Perioperative pregabalin for postoperative pain control and quality of life after major spinal surgeryLara Gianesello
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, University Hospital Careggi, Largo Palagi, Firenze, Italy
J Neurosurg Anesthesiol 24:121-6. 2012..We investigated the efficacy of an antineuropathic pain drug, pregabalin (PG), on postoperative pain control and on improvement of quality of life (QoL)...
- Comfort and satisfaction during axillary brachial plexus block in trauma patients: comparison of techniquesLara Gianesello
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Orthopedic and Traumatologic Center, University Hospital Careggi, 50139 Florence, Italy
J Clin Anesth 22:7-12. 2010..To investigate the comfort and satisfaction of patients with trauma of the upper limb during two different techniques of axillary brachial plexus block, electrical nerve stimulation and fascial pop...
- Outcome and quality of life of elderly critically ill patients: an Italian prospective observational studyVittorio Pavoni
Department of Critical Medical Surgical Area, Section of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Largo Palagi, 1 Firenze, Italy
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 54:e193-8. 2012..Orthopedic surgery for hip fractures seems to influence QoL similar to medical diseases...
- Outcome predictors and quality of life of severe burn patients admitted to intensive care unitVittorio Pavoni
Department of Critical Medical Surgical Area, Section of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Largo Palagi, 1, 50139 Firenze, Italy
Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med 18:24. 2010....
- A new technique for regional anesthesia for arthroscopic shoulder surgery based on a suprascapular nerve block and an axillary nerve block: an evaluation of the first resultsGiuseppe Checcucci
Hand Surgery and Microsurgery Unit, University Hospital Careggi, Florence, Italy
Arthroscopy 24:689-96. 2008..We propose a new technique of regional anesthesia that combines suprascapular nerve block (SSNB) and axillary nerve block (ANB) in arthroscopic shoulder surgery...
- Recovery of laryngeal nerve function with sugammadex after rocuronium-induced profound neuromuscular blockVittorio Pavoni
Department of Anesthesia, Santa Maria Nuova Hospital, Florence, Italy
J Clin Anesth 33:14-9. 2016..The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of sugammadex in reversing profound rocuronium-induced neuromuscular block at the laryngeal adductor muscles using motor-evoked potentials (mMEPs)...