- Long-term oral plus topical mesalazine in frequently relapsing ulcerative colitisG Frieri
Gastroenterology, University of L Aquila, L Aquila, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 37:92-6. 2005..In cross-sectional studies, it was demonstrated that the therapeutic effect of mesalazine is closely related to its mucosal concentration...
- Mucosal 5-aminosalicylic acid concentration inversely correlates with severity of colonic inflammation in patients with ulcerative colitisG Frieri
Cattedra di Gastroenterologia, Universita di L Aquila, L Aquila, Italy
Gut 47:410-4. 2000..The treatment of ulcerative colitis (UC) with 5-aminosalicylic acid (5-ASA) does not have the same therapeutic effect in all patients. We tested the hypothesis that the effectiveness of the drug is related to its mucosal concentration...
- Management of colonic diverticular diseaseGiuseppe Frieri
Gastroenterology Unit, School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of L Aquila, L Aquila, Italy
Digestion 73:58-66. 2006..It is indicated in diffuse peritonitis, abscesses, fistulas, stenosis and after the second to fourth attack of uncomplicated diverticulitis. Young people and immunocompromised patients are more likely to be operated...
- Early acid perception in NERDG Frieri
Gastroenterology Unit, Internal Medicine Department, University of L Aquila, L Aquila, Italy
Dis Esophagus 24:127-30. 2011..It is hypothesized that the early onset of symptoms in NERD patients may be a possibility to avoid the progress of mucosal lesions by claiming an earlier medical care...
- Rectal and colonic mesalazine concentration in ulcerative colitis: oral vs. oral plus topical treatmentG Frieri
Gastroenterology Unit, University of L Aquila, Italy
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 13:1413-7. 1999..To measure mucosal concentrations of mesalazine in ulcerative colitis patients treated with oral mesalazine alone, compared to patients treated with both topical and oral mesalazine...
- Assessment of inflammatory activity in Crohn's disease by means of dynamic contrast-enhanced MRIV A Pupillo
Dipartimento di Diagnostica per Immagini, Universita degli Studi di L Aquila, Via della Mainetta 88D, Coppito, L Aquila, Italy
Radiol Med 112:798-809. 2007..Our aim was to perform a dynamic study of contrast enhancement of the intestinal wall in patients with Crohn's disease to quantitatively assess local inflammatory activity...
- Boswellia serrata and Salvia miltiorrhiza extracts reduce DMN-induced hepatic fibrosis in mice by TGF-beta1 downregulationR Sferra
Department of Experimental Medicine, University of L Aquila, L Aquila, Italy
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 16:1484-98. 2012..Transforming growth factor-beta1 (TGF-beta)/Smad3 signalling plays a major role in tissue fibrogenesis acting as a potent stimulus of ECM accumulation...
- Rifaximin improves symptoms of acquired uncomplicated diverticular disease of the colonGiovanni Latella
Cattedra di Gastroenterologia, Universita di L Aquila, Via S Sisto 22E, 67100 L Aquila, Italy
Int J Colorectal Dis 18:55-62. 2003....
- GI distension in severe ulcerative colitisGiovanni Latella
Gastroenterology Unit I, University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Am J Gastroenterol 97:1169-75. 2002..In this study we prospectively evaluated the prevalence of GI distension and its relationship to clinical outcome in patients with severe UC...