Pier Luigi Temporelli
Affiliation: Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri
- Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation in patiens with heart failure and chronic pulmonary diseasePier Luigi Temporelli
Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri IRCCS
Monaldi Arch Chest Dis 84:739. 2016..Even in these patients, in fact, a rehabilitative approach focused on physical training programs can positively impact functional autonomy, exercise tolerance and quality of life...
- Cardiovascular risk profile and lifestyle habits in a cohort of Italian cardiologists (from the SOCRATES Survey)Pier Luigi Temporelli
Cardiology Division, Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri, IRCCS, Veruno, Italy
Am J Cardiol 112:226-30. 2013..In conclusion, the average cardiovascular profile of Italian cardiologist is unlikely to be considered ideal or even favorable according to recent statements and guidelines regarding cardiovascular risk. ..
- Doppler echocardiography in advanced systolic heart failure: a noninvasive alternative to Swan-Ganz catheterPier Luigi Temporelli
Division of Cardiology, Salvatore Maugeri Foundation, IRCCS, Via Revislate 13, Veruno, Italy
Circ Heart Fail 3:387-94. 2010..The aim of this study was to assess the accuracy and clinical applicability of Doppler echocardiography in determining the entire hemodynamic profile in stable patients with advanced systolic heart failure...
- Perioperative and postoperative predictors of outcome in patients with low ejection fraction early after coronary artery bypass grafting: the additional value of left ventricular remodelingPier Luigi Temporelli
Division of Cardiology, Salvatore Maugeri Foundation, IRCCS, Veruno NO, Italy
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 15:441-7. 2008..Scant data exist on factors that may identify outcome in patients with severe left ventricular (LV) dysfunction early after coronary artery bypass graft surgery (CABG)...
- [Role of echocardiography in the tailored follow-up of outpatients with chronic heart failure]Pier Luigi Temporelli
Divisione di Cardiologia Riabilitativa, Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri, IRCCS, Torino
G Ital Cardiol (Rome) 11:24S-32S. 2010....
- Global secondary prevention strategies to limit event recurrence after myocardial infarction: results of the GOSPEL study, a multicenter, randomized controlled trial from the Italian Cardiac Rehabilitation NetworkPantaleo Giannuzzi
Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Veruno, Italy
Arch Intern Med 168:2194-204. 2008..Secondary prevention is not adequately implemented after myocardial infarction (MI). We assessed the effect on quality of care and prognosis of a long-term, relatively intensive rehabilitation strategy after MI...
- Antiremodeling effect of long-term exercise training in patients with stable chronic heart failure: results of the Exercise in Left Ventricular Dysfunction and Chronic Heart Failure (ELVD-CHF) TrialPantaleo Giannuzzi
Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri, IRCCS, Via Revislate, 13, 28013 Veruno, Italy
Circulation 108:554-9. 2003..The effects of exercise training (ET) on left ventricular (LV) remodeling in chronic heart failure are not definitively established, and the safety of ET in these patients is still debated...
- Limited predictive value of cardiopulmonary exercise indices in patients with moderate chronic heart failure treated with carvedilolUgo Corra
Division of Cardiology, Salvatore Maugeri Foundation, Institute for Care and Research, IRCCS, Veruno, Italy
Am Heart J 147:553-60. 2004..Therefore, we sought to investigate the prognostic role of gas-exchange parameters obtained from symptom-limited cardiopulmonary exercise testing (CPX) in patients with CHF that is treated with carvedilol...
- Flow-mediated dilation normalization predicts outcome in chronic heart failure patientsFranco Tarro Genta
Division of Cardiology, Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Turin, Italy
J Card Fail 19:260-7. 2013..Aiming to adjust for this influence, we normalized FMD (nFMD) by the peak shear rate (PSR) and tested its prognostic power in HF patients...
- How to face emergencies in heart failure patients with ventricular assist deviceMassimo Pistono
Division of Cardiology, Salvatore Maugeri Foundation, IRCCS, Veruno, NO, Italy
Int J Cardiol 168:5143-8. 2013..Following a brief overview of the role of cardiopulmonary resuscitation maneuvers in VAD patients, we propose a working algorithm that might help to ensure a timely and efficient response to acute demands in this setting. ..
- Evaluation of the left anterior descending coronary artery flow velocity by transthoracic echo-Doppler without contrast enhancementErmanno Eleuteri
Division of Cardiology, S Maugeri Foundation, Clinica del Lavoro e della Riabilitazione, IRCCS, Medical Center of Rehabilitation, Veruno, NO, Italy
Ital Heart J 3:520-4. 2002..The aim of our study was to evaluate the feasibility of echo-Doppler examination of the LAD with a high-frequency probe and without the use of contrast enhancement...
- GlObal Secondary Prevention strategiEs to Limit event recurrence after myocardial infarction: the GOSPEL study. A trial from the Italian Cardiac Rehabilitation Network: rationale and designPantaleo Giannuzzi
Salvatore Maugeri Foundation, IRCCS, Veruno, Italy
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 12:555-61. 2005....
- Different correlates but similar prognostic implications for right ventricular dysfunction in heart failure patients with reduced or preserved ejection fractionStefano Ghio
Division of Cardiology, Fondazione IRCCS, Policlinico San Matteo, Piazza Golgi 1, 27100, Pavia, Italy
Eur J Heart Fail . 2016....
- [The necessity of multidisciplinary competence and the accessory value of Rehabilitative Cardiology in the cardiosurgery patient ]Pier Luigi Temporelli
Divisione di Cardiologia Riabilitativa, Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri, IRCCS, Centro Medico di Veruno
Monaldi Arch Chest Dis 66:136-8. 2006
- Long-term secondary prevention programs after cardiac rehabilitation for the reduction of future cardiovascular events: focus on regular physical activityDomenico Scrutinio
Fondazione S Maugeri, IRCCS, Istituto di Cassano Murge, Cassano Murge 70020 Bari, Italy
Future Cardiol 5:297-314. 2009..This review highlights the recommended components of cardiac rehabilitation/secondary prevention programs, with special emphasis on regular physical activity...
- A retrospective multicenter study on long-term prevalence of chronic pain after cardiac surgeryClaudio Marcassa
aSalvatore Maugeri Foundation, IRCCS, Division of Cardiac Rehabilitation, Scientific Institute of Veruno NO bDivision of Cardiology, Spedali Civili, University of Brescia, Brescia cSan Giovanni Addolorata Hospital Complex, Division of Cardiology III, Rome dCardiovascular Rehabilitation Unit, Le Terrazze Clinic, Cunardo VA, Italy
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 16:768-74. 2015..There are limited data on sternotomy as a cause of chronic postsurgical pain, mainly restricted to 1 year after surgery...