Affiliation: Fondazione Santa Lucia
- Neuropsychological predictors of rapidly progressing patients with Alzheimer's diseaseMassimo Musicco
Fondazione Santa Lucia IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 30:219-28. 2010..Different neuropsychological profiles in AD patients might be indicative of the diffusion of the pathological process and might be associated with differences in rates of disease progression...
- Association between prescription of conventional or atypical antipsychotic drugs and mortality in older persons with Alzheimer's diseaseMassimo Musicco
Institute of Biomedical Technologies, National Research Council, Via Fratelli Cervi 93, Segrate, Italy
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 31:218-24. 2011....
- Gender differences in the occurrence of Alzheimer's diseaseMassimo Musicco
Institute of Biomedical Technologies, National Research Council ITB CNR, Segrate, Milan, Italy
Funct Neurol 24:89-92. 2009..The area of gender differences in AD and in neurodegenerative processes generally, although still largely unexplored, appears to offer great promise for the future development of better strategies of intervention for patients...
- Predictors of progression of cognitive decline in Alzheimer's disease: the role of vascular and sociodemographic factorsMassimo Musicco
Institute of Biomedical Technologies National Research Council, Via F lli Cervi 93, 20099 Segrate, Milan, Italy
J Neurol 256:1288-95. 2009..Our findings suggest a slower disease progression in Alzheimer's patients with diabetes. If confirmed, this result will contribute new insights into Alzheimer's disease pathogenesis and lead to relevant suggestions for disease treatment...
- Predicting disease progression in Alzheimer's disease: the role of neuropsychiatric syndromes on functional and cognitive declineKatie Palmer
Fondazione Santa Lucia, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carettere Scientifico, Rome, Italy
J Alzheimers Dis 24:35-45. 2011..These results highlight the importance of incorporating a thorough psychiatric examination in the evaluation of AD patients...
- Color discrimination performance in patients with Alzheimer's diseaseGiovanna Salamone
IRCCS Fondazione Santa Lucia, Rome, Italy
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 27:501-7. 2009..The aim of the present study was to investigate color discrimination in patients with AD to determine whether impairment of this visual function is a cognitive or perceptive/sensory disturbance...
- Inverse occurrence of cancer and Alzheimer disease: a population-based incidence studyMassimo Musicco
National Research Council of Italy, Rome, Italy
Neurology 81:322-8. 2013..To evaluate the incidence of cancer in persons with Alzheimer disease (AD) and the incidence of AD dementia in persons with cancer...
- Neuropsychiatric symptoms and syndromes in a large cohort of newly diagnosed, untreated patients with Alzheimer diseaseGianfranco Spalletta
Fondazione Santa Lucia, Instituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carettere Scientifico, Rome, Italy
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 18:1026-35. 2010....
- [Variability of efficacy measures in Alzheimer's disease]Massimo Musicco
Istituto di Tecnologie Biomediche, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Via Fratelli Cervi 93, 20090 Segrate, Milan, Italy
Ann Ist Super Sanita 41:87-91. 2005....
- Guidelines for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease from the Italian Association of PsychogeriatricsCarlo Caltagirone
Fondazione IRCCS, Santa Lucia, Universita Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Drugs Aging 22:1-26. 2005..Other issues covered are opportunities for Alzheimer's disease prevention, various modalities of care, and the treatment of comorbidities...
- Position paper of the Italian Society for the study of Dementias (SINDEM) on the proposal of a new lexicon on Alzheimer diseaseMassimo Musicco
Institute of Biomedical Technologies, National Research Council, Segrate MI, Foundation IRCCS Santa Lucia, Rome, Italy
Neurol Sci 33:201-8. 2012..However, the evidence about the instrumental and laboratory markers for the diagnosis of the preclinical and asymptomatic states of the disease are, until to now, insufficient to support the routine clinical use of these investigations...
- The Clinical Use of Cerebrospinal Fluid Biomarkers for Alzheimer's Disease Diagnosis: The Italian SelfieGiulia M Sancesario
Department of Clinical and Behavioural Neurology, Santa Lucia Foundation, Rome, Italy
J Alzheimers Dis . 2016..Standardization and harmonization of normal ranges are needed. To optimize and expand the use of CSF biomarkers, a cost-benefit analysis should be promoted by scientific societies and national health services...
- A study of the Healthy Growth Charter in socially disadvantaged childrenMassimo Musicco
Fondazione IRCCS Santa Lucia, Rome, Italy
Ann Ist Super Sanita 47:417-23. 2011....
- Early and long-term outcome of rehabilitation in stroke patients: the role of patient characteristics, time of initiation, and duration of interventionsMassimo Musicco
Institute of Biomedical Technologies, National Research Council, Milan, Italy
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 84:551-8. 2003..To determine whether and how patient characteristics and the time of initiation and duration of rehabilitation influence early and long-term patient outcome after cerebrovascular accident...