Affiliation: Fondazione Santa Lucia
- miR-142-3p Is a Key Regulator of IL-1β-Dependent Synaptopathy in NeuroinflammationGeorgia Mandolesi
Centro Europeo per la Ricerca sul Cervello, IRCCS Fondazione Santa Lucia, 00143 Rome, Italy
J Neurosci 37:546-561. 2017..Our findings highlight miR-142-3p as key molecular player in IL-1β-mediated synaptic dysfunction, possibly leading to excitotoxic damage in both EAE and MS diseases. Inhibition of miR-142-3p could be neuroprotective in MS...
- miR-142-3p is a key regulator of IL-1β-dependent synaptopathy in neuroinflammationGeorgia Mandolesi
Centro Europeo per la Ricerca sul Cervello CERC, IRCCS Fondazione Santa Lucia, 00143 Rome, Italy
J Neurosci . 2016..Our findings highlight miR-142-3p as key molecular player in IL-1β-mediated synaptic dysfunction possibly leading to excitotoxic damage in both EAE and MS diseases. Inhibition of miR-142-3p could be neuroprotective in MS...
- IL-1β dependent cerebellar synaptopathy in a mouse mode of multiple sclerosisGeorgia Mandolesi
Fondazione Santa Lucia IRCSS, Via del Fosso di Fiorano 64, 00146, Rome, Italy
Cerebellum 14:19-22. 2015....
- A role for retinal brain-derived neurotrophic factor in ocular dominance plasticityGeorgia Mandolesi
Scuola Normale Superiore and Via G Moruzzi 1, 56100 Pisa, Italy
Curr Biol 15:2119-24. 2005..Retinal BDNF could also influence OD distribution in normal animals. These results show for the first time that OD plasticity is modulated by BDNF produced in the retina...
- GluRdelta2 expression in the mature cerebellum of hotfoot mice promotes parallel fiber synaptogenesis and axonal competitionGeorgia Mandolesi
EBRI Santa Lucia Foundation IRCCS, Rome, Italy
PLoS ONE 4:e5243. 2009..Collectively, our observations show that GluRdelta2 is an adhesion molecule that induces the formation of PF contacts independently of its cellular localization and promotes heterosynaptic competition in the PC proximal dendritic domain...
- Distribution of the SNAP25 and SNAP23 synaptosomal-associated protein isoforms in rat cerebellar cortexG Mandolesi
EBRI Santa Lucia Foundation IRCCS, Via del Fosso di Fiorano 64, 00143 Rome, Italy
Neuroscience 164:1084-96. 2009..In conclusion, the preferential localization of SNAP25 in specific synaptic boutons suggests a correlation between SNAP25 and the Pr. This evidence supports the hypothesis that SNAP25 has a modulatory role in shaping synaptic responses...
- An orphan ionotropic glutamate receptor: the delta2 subunitG Mandolesi
IRCCS Santa Lucia Foundation, Via del Fosso di Fiorano 64, 00143 Rome, Italy
Neuroscience 158:67-77. 2009....
- Exposure to low-dose rotenone precipitates synaptic plasticity alterations in PINK1 heterozygous knockout miceG Martella
Department of Systems Medicine, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy IRCCS Fondazione Santa Lucia, Laboratory of Neurophysiology and Plasticity, Rome, Italy
Neurobiol Dis 91:21-36. 2016....
- Cognitive deficits in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis: neuroinflammation and synaptic degenerationG Mandolesi
Centro Europeo per la Ricerca sul Cervello CERC Fondazione Santa Lucia, Rome, Italy
Neurol Sci 31:S255-9. 2010..Increased glutamate-mediated transmission and loss of GABAergic inputs were observed in EAE. They may thus underlie cognitive dysfunction in this model and in MS...
- Abnormal NMDA receptor function exacerbates experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitisG Grasselli
Fondazione Santa Lucia Centro Europeo per la Ricerca sul Cervello CERC, Universita Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 168:502-17. 2013..A characteristic of EAE is increased glutamate transmission associated with up-regulation of AMPA receptors. However, little is known about the role of NMDA receptors in the synaptic modifications induced by EAE...
- Epigenetic modifications of Dexras 1 along the nNOS pathway in an animal model of multiple sclerosisG Catanzaro
Department of Medicine, Campus Bio Medico University of Rome, Rome, Italy European Center for Brain Research, IRCCS Santa Lucia Foundation, Rome, Italy
J Neuroimmunol 294:32-40. 2016..Taken together, these data demonstrate an unprecedented epigenetic modulation of nNOS-signaling in the pathogenesis of multiple sclerosis, and show that EE can specifically revert EAE effects on Dexras 1 along this pathway. ..
- Regional specificity of synaptic plasticity deficits in a knock-in mouse model of DYT1 dystoniaG Martella
Department of System Medicine, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Italy Laboratory of Neurophysiology and Synaptic Plasticity, IRCCS Fondazione Santa Lucia, Rome, Italy
Neurobiol Dis 65:124-32. 2014..These results provide evidence for a regional specificity of the electrophysiological abnormalities observed and demonstrate the reproducibility of such alterations in distinct models of DYT1 dystonia. ..
- NGF-dependent and tissue-specific transcription of vgf is regulated by a CREB-p300 and bHLH factor interactionGeorgia Mandolesi
Centro Acidi Nucleici CNR, Dipartimento Genetica e Biologia Molecolare, Universita La Sapienza, P le A Moro 5, 00185 Rome, Italy
FEBS Lett 510:50-6. 2002..The interaction, mediated by p300, of different transcription factors may add specificity to the neurotrophin response...