Affiliation: Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri
- Effect of losartan in treatment of exercise-induced myocardial ischemiaGiancarlo Longobardi
Cardiology Division, Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri, IRCCS, Scientific Institute of Telese Terme, Telese Terme, Italy
Am J Cardiol 100:1517-21. 2007....
- Angiotensin II-receptor antagonist losartan does not prevent nitroglycerin tolerance in patients with coronary artery diseaseGiancarlo Longobardi
Division of Cardiology, Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri, IRCCS Scientific Institute of Telese Terme, Via Bagni Vecchi, 82037 Telese Termi, Italy
Cardiovasc Drugs Ther 18:363-70. 2004..001). The AT(1) antagonist Losartan administration does not prevent the development of nitrate tolerance during continuous TD-GTN therapy...
- Efficacy of transdermal nitroglycerin patches evaluated by dipyridamole-induced myocardial ischemia in patients with coronary artery disease. Comparison between continuous and intermittent scheduleGiancarlo Longobardi
Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri, IRCCS, Rehabilitation Institute of Telese Terme, Division of Cardiology, Italy
Cardiovasc Drugs Ther 16:535-42. 2002..Moreover the dipyridamole echocardiographic stress test, besides evaluating myocardial ischemia-induced wall motion abnormalities, is adequate to assess both the efficacy and the tolerance of transdermal nitrate therapy...
- "Warm-up" phenomenon in adult and elderly patients with coronary artery disease: further evidence of the loss of "ischemic preconditioning" in the aging heartG Longobardi
Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri IRCCS, Centro Medico di Telese Terme, Benevento, Italy
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 55:M124-9. 2000..We studied the warm-up phenomenon in both adult and elderly patients with similar angiographic evidence of coronary artery disease, using three exercise tests after excluding the "training effect."..
- Echo-dipyridamole stress test evaluation of isosorbide-5-mononitrate efficacy and tolerance in patients with coronary heart disease: interplay with sympathetic activityG Longobardi
Division of Cardiology Salvatore Maugeri Foundation, ICSR, Rehabilitation Institute of Telese Terme, Italy
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 36:50-5. 2000....
- Age-response effectiveness of gallopamil for the treatment of myocardial exertional ischemia. A medium-term randomized cross-over double-blind placebo-controlled trialD Acanfora
Fondazione Clinica del Lavoro, Centro Medico di Campoli, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere, Scientifico, Campoli del Monte Taburno, Benevento, Italy
Aging (Milano) 7:150-6. 1995..39 +/- 0.5 mm to 0.76 +/- 0.73 mm; p < 0.001 in the middle-aged patients and from 1.5 +/- 0.34 mm to 1 +/- 0.76 mm; p < 0.01 in the elderly patients).(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Efficacy and pharmacokinetics of gallopamil in patients with coronary artery diseaseN Ferrara
Division of Cardiology, Salvatore Maugeri Foundation, IRCCS, Rehabilitation Institute of Campoli Monte, Taburno BN, Italy
Pharmacol Res 34:37-41. 1996..Our clinical data showed an improvement in exercise results during gallopamil therapy related to increased concentration of the drug...
- Left ventricular diastolic filling in diabetes mellitus with and without hypertensionA Nicolino
Fondazione Clinica del Lavoro, IRCCS, Divisione di Cardiologia, Italy
Am J Hypertens 8:382-9. 1995..In conclusion, diastolic filling of the left ventricle is frequently altered in diabetic patients and is adversely affected by arterial hypertension whose coexistence further impairs left ventricular relaxation...
- Insulin-induced changes in beta-adrenergic response: an experimental study in the isolated rat papillary muscleNicola Ferrara
Department of Health Sciences, University of Molise, Salvatore Maugeri Foundation, IRCCS, Scientific Institute of Telese Campoli, Via dei Bagni Vecchi, 82037 Telese Terme, Italy
Am J Hypertens 18:348-53. 2005..The aim was to investigate the ability of insulin to modulate the response to beta-adrenergic action on myocardial contractility, assessed as percentage changes of developed tension, in isolated rat papillary muscle...
- Cardioprotective effect of ischemic preconditioning is preserved in food-restricted senescent ratsPasquale Abete
Cattedra di Geriatria, Dipartmento di Medicina Clinica, Scienze Cardiovasculari ed Immunologiche, Università degli studi di Napoli FedericoII, Naples, Italy
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 282:H1978-87. 2002..Thus caloric restriction may restore PC in the aging heart probably via increased norepinephrine release...
- Mortality and blood pressure in elderly people with and without cognitive impairmentFrancesco Cacciatore
Cattedra di Geriatria, Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica, Scienze Cardiovascolari ed Immunologiche, Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Naples, Italy
Gerontology 51:53-61. 2005..Objective: To verify the role of blood pressure on mortality in an elderly population with and without cognitive impairment...