Affiliation: Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri
- Assessing mechanisms of recovery during robot-aided neurorehabilitation of the upper limbR Colombo
Salvatore Maugeri Foundation, IRCCS, Service of Bioengineering Veruno NO, Italy
Neurorehabil Neural Repair 22:50-63. 2008..The present study aimed to qualify and quantify the different components of motor recovery in a group of stroke patients treated by robot-aided techniques. In addition, the learning model of each motor recovery component was analyzed...
- Comparison between spectral analysis and the phenylephrine method for the assessment of baroreflex sensitivity in chronic heart failureR Colombo
Salvatore Maugeri Foundation, IRCCS, Service of Bioengineering, Veruno NO, Italy
Clin Sci (Lond) 97:503-13. 1999..Because both systematic and random factors contribute to the difference, these two techniques cannot be considered as alternatives for the assessment of heart failure...
- Design strategies to improve patient motivation during robot-aided rehabilitationRoberto Colombo
Service of Bioengineering, Salvatore Maugeri Foundation, IRCCS Via Revislate 13, 28010 Veruno, NO, Italy
J Neuroeng Rehabil 4:3. 2007..In view of this, we also developed an evaluation metric that could characterize the rate of improvement and quantify the changes in the obtained performance...
- Measurement of isometric muscle strength: a reproducibility study of maximal voluntary contraction in normal subjects and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis patientsR Colombo
Service of Bioengineering, Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri, Clinica del Lavoro e della Riabilitazione, IRCCS Istituto Scientifico di Veruno, Via Revislate 13, 28010, Verona, Italy
Med Eng Phys 22:167-74. 2000..The two reproducibility studies showed a high intraclass correlation coefficient (0.91-0.97) and low SEM and measurement error (3-10%) in all muscle regions tested. The Bland and Altman plots confirmed these results...
- Robotic techniques for upper limb evaluation and rehabilitation of stroke patientsRoberto Colombo
Service of Bioengineering, Salvatore Maugeri Foundation, IRCCS, 28010 Veruno, Italy
IEEE Trans Neural Syst Rehabil Eng 13:311-24. 2005..The new robot measured parameters may provide useful information about the course of treatment and its effectiveness at discharge...
- Robot-aided neurorehabilitation in sub-acute and chronic stroke: does spontaneous recovery have a limited impact on outcome?R Colombo
Salvatore Maugeri Foundation, IRCCS, Service of Bioengineering, Pavia, Italy Salvatore Maugeri Foundation, IRCCS, Service of Bioengineering, Veruno NO, Italy
NeuroRehabilitation 33:621-9. 2013..Robotic neurorehabilitation, thanks to high dosage/intensity training protocols, has the potential for a greater impact on impairment...
- Evaluation of upper limb sense of position in healthy individuals and patients after strokeI Cusmano
IRCCS, Service of Bioengineering, Salvatore Maugeri Foundation, Pavia, Italy
J Healthc Eng 5:145-62. 2014..This tool can provide a quantitative measure of upper limb sense of position, therefore allowing detection of changes due to rehabilitation. ..
- [Rehabilitation treatment with robotics in stroke]F Pisano
Divisione di Neurologia Riabilitativa, Istituto Scientifico di Veruno NO, Clinica del Lavoro e della Riabilitazione, Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri, IRCCS, Italy
G Ital Med Lav Ergon 29:90-6. 2007
- Modeling upper limb clinical scales by robot-measured performance parametersR Colombo
Bioengineering Service, Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri, IRCCS, Rehabilitation Institutes of Pavia and Veruno NO, Italy
IEEE Int Conf Rehabil Robot 2011:5975401. 2011....
- Quantitative measures of spasticity in post-stroke patientsF Pisano
Department of Neurology, Unit of Neurophysiology, Salvatore Maugeri Foundation, IRCCS, Rehabilitation Institute 28010 NO, Veruno, Italy
Clin Neurophysiol 111:1015-22. 2000..Quantitative evaluation of muscle tone in post-stroke patients; correlation of biomechanical indices with conventional clinical scales and neurophysiological measures; characterization of passive and neural components of muscle tone...
- [Treadmills in rehabilitation medicine: technical characteristics and selection criteria]P Capodaglio
Unità Operativa di Neuroriabilitazione, Istituto Scientifico di Pavia Boezio, Fondazione S Maugeri, Clinica del Lavoro e della Riabilitazione, IRCCS
G Ital Med Lav Ergon 30:169-77. 2008..A summary table of the technical specifications of the commercially available rehabilitation treadmills is also included...
- Improving proprioceptive deficits after stroke through robot-assisted training of the upper limb: a pilot case report studyR Colombo
a Service of Bioengineering, Salvatore Maugeri Foundation, IRCCS, Pavia, Italy
Neurocase 22:191-200. 2016..These preliminary results suggest that intensive robot-aided rehabilitation may play an important role in the recovery of sensory function. However, further studies are required to confirm these data. ..
- [Sincerity of effort: isokinetic evaluation of knee extension]R Colombo
Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri, IRCCS, Servizio di Bioingegneria e Servizio di Fisiatria Occupazionale ed Ergonomia, Veruno NO, Italy
G Ital Med Lav Ergon 30:370-6. 2008..CVM showed at 180 degrees/s Sns=90% and Spc=100%, while at 30 degrees/s Sns=90%, Spc=75%. PRR was the best index identifying all the efforts, except one (Sns=100%, Spc=95%). The CCR coefficient showed Sns and Spc values both of 90%...
- [New technologies in assessment and rehabilitation treatments]A Giordano
Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri IRCCS, Istituto Scientifico di Veruno, Dipartimento di Bioingegneria e Tecnologie Biomediche, Italy
G Ital Med Lav Ergon 29:56-61. 2007
- Lower limb spasticity assessment using an inertial sensor: a reliability studyI Sterpi
Bioengineering Service, Salvatore Maugeri Foundation, IRCCS, Rehabilitation Institute of Pavia, Via Salvatore Maugeri 10, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Physiol Meas 34:1423-34. 2013..This study shows that an inertial sensor can be reliably used to characterize leg kinematics during the Wartenberg pendulum test and provide quantitative evaluation of quadriceps spasticity. ..
- Prognostic value of nocturnal Cheyne-Stokes respiration in chronic heart failureP A Lanfranchi
Division of Cardiology, Department of Bioengineering, Salvatore Maugeri Foundation, IRCCS, Veruno, Italy
Circulation 99:1435-40. 1999..The aim of the present study was to evaluate whether CSR could affect prognosis in patients with CHF...
- [Cycle ergometers in rehabilitation medicine: technical characteristics and selection criteria]P Capodaglio
Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri, Clinica del Lavoro e della Riabilitazione, IRCCS, Unità Operativa di Neuroriabilitazione 2, Istituto Scientifico di Pavia, Boezio, Pavia, Italy
G Ital Med Lav Ergon 29:942-8. 2007..Finally, guidelines are offered for identifying the main technical requisites for appropriate cycle ergometer selection in the different disabilities...
- Concurrent changes in shortening reaction latency and reaction time of forearm muscles in post-stroke patientsG Miscio
Department of Neurology and Neurorehabilitation, Istituto Auxologico Italiano IRCCS, San Giuseppe Hospital, Piancavallo, Oggebbio VB, Italy
Neurol Sci 26:402-10. 2006..The decreased and delayed ShoRe in post-stroke patients supports a role for the cortico-spinal pathway in its production or modulation. Monitoring of ShoRe can give insight into the recovery of the descending control of spinal reflexes...
- Methionine oxidation as a major cause of the functional impairment of oxidized actinI Dalle-Donne
Department of Biology, University of Milan, Italy
Free Radic Biol Med 32:927-37. 2002..Therefore, methionine oxidation could be a damaging event preceding the appearance of carbonyl groups on actin and a major cause for the functional impairment of the carbonylated protein recently observed both in vivo and in vitro...
- A case control study of dermatophagoides immunotherapy in children below 5 years of ageC Di Bernardino
Department of Paedriatrics, Bollate Hospital, 20 021 Bollate, Milan, Italy
Allerg Immunol (Paris) 34:56-9. 2002..Although many paediatric allergists are used to treating young allergic children with SIT, this method is still subject to discussion. The benefits versus risks of SIT must also be defined...