Affiliation: Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri
- Noninvasive cardiac output assessment during heart surgeryPiero Ceriana
Department of Pneumology, IRCCS S Maugeri Foundation, Pavia, Italy
J Clin Monit Comput 17:147-9. 2002..To evaluate the reliability of a new noninvasive method for the assessment of cardiac output with the partial carbon dioxide rebreathing technique...
- Demographics and clinical outcomes of patients admitted to a respiratory intensive care unit located in a rehabilitation centerPiero Ceriana
Viale Ludovico il Moro 33, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Respir Care 48:670-6. 2003..Patient demographics and admission patterns in RICUs located outside acute care hospitals have not been previously described...
- Detection of severe intraoperative hypoxemia after single-lung transplantation for primary pulmonary hypertensionPiero Ceriana
Pulmonary Rehabilitation and Respiratory Intensive Care Unit, IRCCS S Maugeri Foundation, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 18:204-6. 2004
- Non-invasive ventilation in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients: helmet versus facial maskPaolo Navalesi
Pneumologia Riabilitativa e Terapia Intensiva Respiratoria, Fondazione S Maugeri IRCCS, Via S Maugeri 10, 27100, Pavia, Italy
Intensive Care Med 33:74-81. 2007..The helmet is a new interface with the potential of increasing the success rate of non-invasive ventilation by improving tolerance...
- End-of-Life Discussion, Patient Understanding and Determinants of Preferences in Very Severe COPD Patients: A Multicentric StudyAnnalisa Carlucci
a Pulmonary Rehabilitation Unit, IRCCS Fondazione S Maugeri, Pavia, Italy
COPD 13:632-8. 2016..In conclusion, in end-stage COPD more efforts are needed to improve communication, patients' knowledge of the disease and E-o-L practice. ..
- Weaning from tracheotomy in long-term mechanically ventilated patients: feasibility of a decisional flowchart and clinical outcomePiero Ceriana
Respiratory Intensive Care Unit, Istituto Scientifico di Pavia, Fondazione S Maugeri, IRCCS, Via Ferrata 8, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Intensive Care Med 29:845-8. 2003..To assess the feasibility of following a decisional flowchart to decide whether to remove tracheotomy in long-term mechanically ventilated patients...
- Delirium in patients admitted to a step-down unit: analysis of incidence and risk factorsPiero Ceriana
Respiratory Intensive Care Unit, Istituto Scientifico di Pavia, Fondazione S Maugeri, IRCCS, Pavia, Italy
J Crit Care 25:136-43. 2010..Although there are many data about ICU delirium, there are few data concerning this complication in patients transferred from the ICU to a step-down unit (SDU) once clinically stable...
- Effects of heated and humidified high flow gases during high-intensity constant-load exercise on severe COPD patients with ventilatory limitationSerena Cirio
Pulmonary Rehabilitation Unit, IRCCS Fondazione S Maugeri, Via Maugeri 10, Pavia, 27100, Italy
Respir Med 118:128-32. 2016..The effect of HFNC has never been investigated on stable severe COPD patients in term of endurance capacity with standardised laboratory tests...
- Physiological responses during a T-piece weaning trial with a deflated tubePiero Ceriana
Respiratory Intensive Care Unit, Fondazione S Maugeri, IRCCS, Istituto Scientifico di Pavia, Via Ferrata 8, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Intensive Care Med 32:1399-403. 2006..They are usually performed with the cuff inflated, which may increase the inspiratory load and/or influence the tidal volume generated by the patient. We assessed diaphragmatic effort during T-piece trials with or without cuff inflation...
- Noninvasive mechanical ventilation as a palliative treatment of acute respiratory failure in patients with end-stage solid cancerAnnamaria Cuomo
Fondazione S Maugeri, IRCCS, Istituto Scientifico di Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Palliat Med 18:602-10. 2004....
- Sleep disturbances in patients admitted to a step-down unit after ICU discharge: the role of mechanical ventilationFrancesco Fanfulla
Sleep Center, Istituto Scientifico di Pavia and Montescano, Fondazione S Maugeri, IRCCS, Pavia, Italy
Sleep 34:355-62. 2011....
- Causes of failure of noninvasive mechanical ventilationStefano Nava
Respiratory Intensive Care Unit, Fondazione S Maugeri, Via Ferrata 8, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Respir Care 49:295-303. 2004..We predict that further study and team experience will improve the NPPV success rate and allow successful NPPV-treatment of sicker patients...
- Patient-ventilator interaction during noninvasive positive pressure ventilationStefano Nava
Respiratory Intensive Care Unit, Fondazione S Maugeri, Istituto Scientifico di Pavia, Via Ferrata 8 27100 Pavia, Italy
Respir Care Clin N Am 11:281-93. 2005..When sedation is needed, we suggest the use of low doses of analgesics and neuroleptic agents in selected cases...
- Determinants of weaning success in patients with prolonged mechanical ventilationAnnalisa Carlucci
Respiratory Intensive Care Unit, Fondazione S, Maugeri, IRCCS, Pavia 27100, Italy
Crit Care 13:R97. 2009..In this physiological study, we assessed the determinants of weaning success in patients acting as their own control, once they are eventually liberated from the ventilator...
- Efficacy of Bilevel-auto Treatment in Patients with Obstructive Sleep Apnea Not Responsive to or Intolerant of Continuous Positive Airway Pressure VentilationAnnalisa Carlucci
Pulmonary Rehabilitation, Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri IRCCS Scientific Institute of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
J Clin Sleep Med 11:981-5. 2015..The aim of this study was to investigate the ability of Bilevel-auto to treat OSA patients whose nocturnal ventilatory disturbances are not completely corrected by CPAP...
- Changes of Respiratory Mechanics in COPD Patients from Stable State to Acute Exacerbations with Respiratory FailurePiero Ceriana
a Respiratory Rehabilitation Division, Salvatore Maugeri Foundation IRCCS, Institute of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
COPD . 2016..15. These changes are reverted once they recover from the EXCOPD, despite a large variability between patients...
- The configuration of bi-level ventilator circuits may affect compensation for non-intentional leaks during volume-targeted ventilationAnnalisa Carlucci
Respiratory Intensive Care Unit, Fondazione S Maugeri, IRCCS, Pavia, Italy
Intensive Care Med 39:59-65. 2013..To assess the behaviour of a pressure-preset volume-guaranteed (V(TG)) mode of ventilation in the presence of non-intentional leaks in single-limb circuit (SLC) home ventilators...
- Automatic detection of ineffective triggering and double triggering during mechanical ventilationQestra Mulqueeny
ResMed, Sydney, Australia
Intensive Care Med 33:2014-8. 2007..We have assessed the feasibility, sensitivity and specificity of an algorithm embedded in a ventilator system that is able to automatically detect the occurrence of ineffective triggering and double triggering in real time...