Affiliation: Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri
- [Visual reaction times in a group of patients with single cerebrovascular lesions in rehabilitation]M Buonocore
Fondazione S Maugeri, Clinica del Lavoro e della Riabilitazione, IRCCS
G Ital Med Lav Ergon 22:275-80. 2000..Approximately fifty percent of stroke survivors have neurological deficits. The evaluation of reaction times permits a study of psychomotor performance, which could be very important for a good rehabilitation outcome...
- Are hot-burning sensations produced by the axonal damage of afferent unmyelinated fibres?M Buonocore
Unit of Clinical Neurophysiology, Salvatore Maugeri Foundation IRCCS, Scientific Institute of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Minerva Anestesiol 72:321-7. 2006..The aim of this study was to verify the hypothesis that hot-burning sensations are produced by the axonal damage of afferent unmyelinated fibres in peripheral nerves...
- Increase of the heat pain threshold during and after high-frequency transcutaneous peripheral nerve stimulation in a group of normal subjectsM Buonocore
Unit of Clinical Neurophysiology, Salvatore Maugeri Foundation, Scientific Institute of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Eura Medicophys 43:155-60. 2007..The aim of the investigation was to verify the hypothesis that HF-TPNS increases the heat pain threshold in the skin territory of the stimulated nerve, during and after stimulation...
- Inhibition of somatosensory evoked potentials during spinal cord stimulation and its possible role in the comprehension of antalgic mechanisms of neurostimulation for neuropathic painM Buonocore
Unit of Clinical Neurophysiology and Neurodiagnostic Skin Biopsy, Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri, Scientific Institute of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Minerva Anestesiol 78:297-302. 2012..Aims of this paper were to answer the question if the lumbar SCS inhibits the tibial nerve somatosensory evoked potentials (SEPs) and to discuss the role of lemniscal afferents modulation in the antalgic mechanism of SCS...
- High-frequency transcutaneous peripheral nerve stimulation induces a higher increase of heat pain threshold in the cutaneous area of the stimulated nerve when confronted to the neighbouring areasM Buonocore
Salvatore Maugeri Foundation, Scientific Institute of Pavia, Unit of Clinical Neurophysiology and Neurodiagnostic Skin Biopsy, Via S Maugeri 10, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Biomed Res Int 2013:464207. 2013..Although it continues to be used by trial and error, correct targeting of paresthesias evoked by the electrical stimulation on the painful area is diffusely considered very important for pain relief...
- Mild ciguatera poisoning: Case reports with neurophysiological evaluationsR Butera
Toxicology Unit, IRCCS Maugeri Foundation Medical Center, Via Ferrata, 8, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Muscle Nerve 23:1598-603. 2000..These findings are consistent with ciguatoxin's mechanism of toxicity, which involves inactivation of voltage-gated Na(+) channels and eventually increases nerve membrane excitability...
- [Validation of the Italian version of the "Neuropathic Pain Scale" and its clinical applications]E Negri
Unità Operativa di Cure Palliative e Terapia del Dolore, Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri, IRCCS, Istituto Scientifico, Pavia, Italy
Minerva Anestesiol 68:95-104. 2002..Aim of this study is to evaluate a possible relation between pain descriptions and underlying pathogenetic mechanisms...
- Myoelectric manifestations of muscle changes in stroke patientsE D Toffola
Unit of Occupational Therapy, University of Pavia, Unit of Clinical Neurophysiology, Salvatore Maugeri Foundation, IRCCS Institute of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 82:661-5. 2001..This kind of information can help identify rehabilitation strategies, particularly for chronic stroke survivors...
- [Neuropathic pain syndromes: from their diagnosis to the return to work. Proposal of a model for rapid evaluation and therapy based on their pathogenic mechanisms]M Buonocore
Servizio di Neurofisiopatologia, Fondazione S. Maugeri, Clinica del Lavoro e della Riabilitazione, IRCCS, Istituto Scientifico di Pavia
G Ital Med Lav Ergon 23:484-93. 2001..The authors identify in the literature some drugs and techniques which can be tested in each defined groups. A complementary and multidisciplinary rehabilitative approach of chronic pain patients is recommended...