Affiliation: Fondazione Don
- Effects of rehabilitation on quality of life in patients with chronic strokeIrene Aprile
Fondazione Don Carlo Gnocchi Centro Santa Maria della Pace, Rome, Italy
Brain Inj 22:451-6. 2008..To evaluate the effects of rehabilitation on disability and quality of life (QoL) in patients with chronic stroke...
- Use of a Virtual-Technological Sailing Program to Prepare Children With Disabilities for a Real Sailing Course: Effects on Balance and Quality of LifeIrene Aprile
Don Carlo Gnocchi ONLUS Foundation, P le R Morandi, Milan, Italy
J Child Neurol 31:1074-80. 2016..A technological rehabilitation training improved balance in disabled subjects and may be used to prepare them for a real sailing course. Sailing improves the quality of life of disabled subjects and could be used in the rehabilitation. ..
- The relationship between back pain and schoolbag use: a cross-sectional study of 5,318 Italian studentsIrene Aprile
Don Carlo Gnocchi Foundation, Piazzale Morandi 6, 20121 Milan, Italy Don Carlo Gnocchi Foundation, Via Casal del Marmo 401, 00166 Rome, Italy Electronic address
Spine J 16:748-55. 2016..Back pain at a young age is considered to be predictive of chronicity. Several studies have investigated the relationship between the use of a schoolbag and back pain, although some aspects are still unclear...
- Muscle focal vibration in healthy subjects: evaluation of the effects on upper limb motor performance measured using a robotic deviceIrene Aprile
Don Carlo Gnocchi ONLUS Foundation, Piazzale Morandi 6, 20121, Milan, Italy
Eur J Appl Physiol 116:729-37. 2016..The aim of this study was to evaluate, using robot-based outcomes, the effects of focal muscle vibration, at different frequencies, on the motor performance of the upper limb in healthy subjects...
- Pain in stroke patients: characteristics and impact on the rehabilitation treatment. A multicenter cross-sectional studyI Aprile
Rehabilitation Department, Don Carlo Gnocchi ONLUS Foundation, Milan, Italy
Eur J Phys Rehabil Med 51:725-36. 2015..Post-stroke pain (PSP) is a common and disabling complication, difficult to treat, that often decreases patients' quality of life (QoL). The hypothesis is that PSP may negatively affect rehabilitation treatment...
- Occurrence and predictors of the fatigue in high-grade glioma patientsIrene Aprile
Don Carlo Gnocchi ONLUS Foundation, Via Maresciallo Caviglia 30, 00194, Rome, Italy
Neurol Sci 36:1363-9. 2015..01 and p < 0.02, respectively). Our data underlined the relevant occurrence of fatigue in HGG patients and support the development of further studies exploring a tailored rehabilitation program...
- Balance and walking involvement in facioscapulohumeral dystrophy: a pilot study on the effects of custom lower limb orthosesI Aprile
Don Carlo Gnocchi Foundation, Rome, Italy
Eur J Phys Rehabil Med 49:169-78. 2013..In FSHD patients, the coupling of the ankle muscles impairment with the knee, hip and abdominal muscles impairment, causes complex alterations of balance and walking with deterioration of quality of life (QoL)...
- Italian multicentre study of peroneal mononeuropathy: multiperspective follow-upI Aprile
Fondazione Don Carlo Gnocchi, Centro Santa Maria della Pace, Via Maresciallo Caviglia 30, 00194 Rome, Italy
Neurol Sci 30:37-44. 2009..In conclusion, PM shows a positive spontaneous course and rehabilitation seems to help the recovery of deambulation. Further studies on the effects of conventional rehabilitation are needed...
- Group rehabilitation versus individual rehabilitation following knee and hip replacement: a pilot study with randomized, single-blind, cross-over designI Aprile
Don Carlo Gnocchi ONLUS Foundation, Rome, Italy
Eur J Phys Rehabil Med 47:551-9. 2011..Group rehabilitation programs for some pathological conditions could permit better allocation of economic resources, but few studies evaluated the efficacy of group physiotherapy as opposed to individual physiotherapy...
- Effects of rehabilitation treatment on thyroid functionIrene Aprile
Fondazione Don Carlo Gnocchi Centro S Maria della Pace, Rome, Italy
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 70:644-9. 2009....
- Double peak sensory responses: effects of capsaicinI Aprile
Fondazione Don Carlo Gnocchi, Via Maresciallo Caviglia 30, I 00194, Rome, Italy
Neurol Sci 28:264-9. 2007....
- Multicenter study of peroneal mononeuropathy: clinical, neurophysiologic, and quality of life assessmentIrene Aprile
Institute of Neurology, Department of Neuroscience, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
J Peripher Nerv Syst 10:259-68. 2005....
- Relationship between the clinical-neurophysiologic pattern, disability, and quality of life in adolescents with spina bifidaLuca Padua
Department of Neuroscience Università, Cattolica, Rome, Italy
J Child Neurol 19:952-7. 2004....
- Appetite course over time and the risk of death in patients on chronic hemodialysisMaurizio Bossola
Hemodialysis Service, Department of Surgery, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore di Roma, Largo A Gemelli 8, 00168, Rome, Italy
Int Urol Nephrol 45:1091-6. 2013..The aim of the present study was to assess appetite monthly for 6 months in patients on chronic HD and to determine if the course of appetite over time predicts mortality...
- Intravenous immunoglobulin treatment in autoimmune neurological disorders: pilot study on early effects on patients' quality of lifeLuca Padua
Institute of Neurology, Catholic University, Don C Gnocchi Institute, Rome, Italy
J Peripher Nerv Syst 9:3-6. 2004..We believe that this study represents a further step toward an evidence-based therapeutic approach of some neurological diseases and that further fundamental steps should be taken...
- Quality of life and pain in patients with facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophyLuca Padua
Fondazione Don Carlo Gnocchi, Rome, Italy
Muscle Nerve 40:200-5. 2009..Moreover, we must pay more attention to gender differences: women can suffer far greater deterioration in the emotional aspects of QoL. Further multidimensional observations are needed. Muscle Nerve 40: 200-205, 2009...
- Correlation between clinical/neurophysiological findings and quality of life in Charcot-Marie-Tooth type 1ALuca Padua
Institute of Neurology, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Rome, Italy
J Peripher Nerv Syst 13:64-70. 2008..Both the PCS and MCS were abnormal also in this cohort, compared with the Italian population at large. In particular, the ability to ambulate independently as well as toe and heel walk correlated well with QoL measures in our patients...
- Double peak sensory responses at submaximal stimulationIrene Aprile
Institute of Neurology, Universita Cattolica, Rome, Italy
Clin Neurophysiol 114:256-62. 2003..The objective of the study was to obtain knowledge about the different physiological situations where a double peak sensory response normally occurs and to better understand the significance of this particular sensory response...
- Quality of life and disability assessment in neuropathy: a multicentre studyLuca Padua
Institute of Neurology, Universita Cattolica, Rome, Italy
J Peripher Nerv Syst 10:3-10. 2005..We believe that our study provides reliable data on QoL in patients with neuropathies and that it may represent a quantitative step forward in understanding the disability of patients with neuropathy...
- Pain in postsurgical orthopedic rehabilitation: a multicenter studyLuca Padua
Department of Neurosciences, UCSC University, Rome, Italy
Pain Med 13:769-76. 2012..The aim of this study was to quantify and characterize pain in patients undergoing lower limb postsurgical orthopedic rehabilitation and to investigate the impact of pain in slowing or interrupting their rehabilitation...
- Kinematic analysis of the upper limb motor strategies in stroke patients as a tool towards advanced neurorehabilitation strategies: a preliminary studyIrene Aprile
Don Carlo Gnocchi Foundation, SM Provvidenza Movement Laboratory, 00166 Rome, Italy
Biomed Res Int 2014:636123. 2014..These preliminary data should be considered to address rehabilitation treatment. Moreover, the kinematic analysis protocol developed might represent an outcome measure of upper limb rehabilitation processes. ..
- Multinevritis of cranial nerves following inhalation of toxinsIrene Aprile
Institute of Neurology, Don C Gnocchi Foundation, Rome, Italy
Neurol Res 25:208-10. 2003..We believe physicians should be aware that multinevritis of the cranial nerves may be related to acute exposure to toxic substances. Missing this diagnosis could lead to a delay in therapy...
- Improved sensory status and quality-of-life measures in adult patients after strabismus surgeryAnna Dickmann
Institute of Ophthalmology, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
J AAPOS 17:25-8. 2013..To evaluate the change in sensory status and quality-of-life measures in adults with long-standing childhood-onset constant strabismus...
- Prospective study of positive factors for improvement of carpal tunnel syndrome in pregnant womenMauro Mondelli
EMG Service, Local Health District 7, Via Pian d Ovile 9, 53100 Siena, Italy
Muscle Nerve 36:778-83. 2007..The probability of need for CTS treatment did not depend on the cohort, but only on the severity of hand disability...
- Long-term outcome after stroke: evaluating health-related quality of life using utility measurementIrene Aprile
Stroke 37:2218-9. 2006
- Intravenous immunoglobulin and quality of lifeLuca Padua
JAMA 292:1429; author reply 1429-30. 2004