- Treatment of viral hepatitis in pregnancySimona Fiore
University of Milan Medical School, Sacco Clinical Sciences Institute, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Via GB Grassi 74, 20157 Milan, Italy
Expert Opin Pharmacother 10:2801-9. 2009..Infants should be tested for anti-HCV at 1 year and followed for the development of hepatitis. Breast feeding does not seem to play an important role in the transmission of hepatitis B and C...
- Reproductive experience of HIV-infected women living in EuropeSimona Fiore
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, DSC Sacco, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Hum Reprod 23:2140-4. 2008..The aim of this study was to describe the experience of pregnant and non-pregnant HIV-infected women regarding fertility and childbearing, with a view to inform policies and practices to improve reproductive outcome...
- HIV and pregnancy: is the outlook for mother and baby transformed?Augusto E Semprini
Medical School, University of Milan, Via Carlo Crivelli 20, 20122 Milan, Italy
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 16:471-5. 2004..New studies have given providers of care better information on how to assist women with HIV who want to have a child in the safest possible way...
- HIV and reproductionAugusto E Semprini
University of Milan Medical School, Italy
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 16:257-62. 2004..Many of them want to have a child and reproductive counselling and care can offer a sharp reduction in both sexual and vertical transmission rates...
- Prevalence of sexually transmitted infections in HIV-1 infected pregnant women in EuropeMegan Landes
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Eur J Epidemiol 22:925-36. 2007..HIV-infected women should receive adequate screening for STIs during pregnancy together with appropriate counseling and follow-up for treatment and prevention...
- Characteristics and management of HIV-1-infected pregnant women enrolled in a randomised trial: differences between Europe and the USAMarie Louise Newell
Centre of Paediatric Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Institute of Child Health, University College London, UK
BMC Infect Dis 7:60. 2007....
- Does highly active antiretroviral therapy increase the risk of congenital abnormalities in HIV-infected women?Deven Patel
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 40:116-8. 2005
- European participation in an international perinatal trialSimona Fiore
Centre for Paediatric Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Institute of Child Health, University College, 30 Guilford Street, WC1N 1EH London, UK
Med Wieku Rozwoj 7:449-58. 2003..To compare the population enrolled in a Phase III trial to that enrolled during the same period in a parallel longitudinal cohort, and to assess the generalisability of the trial results...
- Antiretroviral therapy during pregnancy and the risk of an adverse outcomeClaire Thorne
N Engl J Med 348:471-2; author reply 471-2. 2003
- Pregnancy and HIV infection: A european consensus on managementOriol Coll
Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Spain
AIDS 16:S1-18. 2002
- Antiretroviral therapy-associated modulation of Th1 and Th2 immune responses in HIV-infected pregnant womenSimona Fiore
Centre for Paediatric Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Institute of Child Health, University College London UCL, London, UK
J Reprod Immunol 70:143-50. 2006..0-1.17; p=0.005). HAART use in pregnancy provides significant benefits in delaying HIV disease progression and reducing the risk of mother-to-child-transmission, but may be counterproductive in terms of successful pregnancy outcome...
- Protease inhibitor-associated increased risk of preterm delivery is an immunological complication of therapySimona Fiore
J Infect Dis 195:914-6; author reply 916-7. 2007
- Higher rates of post-partum complications in HIV-infected than in uninfected women irrespective of mode of deliverySimona Fiore
Centre for Paediatric Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Institute of Child Health, 30 Guilford Street, London WC1N 1EH, UK
AIDS 18:933-8. 2004..To inform the debate on the use of elective caesarean section (CS) delivery in HIV-infected women, we investigated the occurrence of clinical events in the immediate post-partum period in women delivering in 13 European centres...