Affiliation: Federico II University
- Placenta growth factor is not required for exercise-induced angiogenesisBruna Gigante
Institute of Genetics and Biophysics Adriano Buzzati Traverso, CNR, Naples, Italy
Angiogenesis 7:277-84. 2004..Our results demonstrate that PlGF is not necessary for exercise-training-induced angiogenesis. We thus suggest that the role of PlGF is confined to the selective regulation of angiogenesis only under pathological conditions...
- In vivo properties of the proangiogenic peptide QKGaetano Santulli
Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica, Scienze Cardiovascolari ed Immunologiche, Cattedra di Medicina Interna, Università degli Studi Federico II di Napoli, Italy
J Transl Med 7:41. 2009..These data open to new fields of investigation on the mechanisms of activation of VEGF receptors, offering clinical implications for treatment of pathophysiological conditions such as chronic ischemia...
- Calbindin distribution in male, female and lactating rat pituitaryVincenzo Cimini
Department of Biomorphological and Functional Sciences, Chair of Histology, Medical School of Federico II University of Naples, Edificio 20, Via Pansini 5 80131 Napoli, Italy
Exp Neurol 193:141-8. 2005..The suggestion is that calbindin may have a secondary role that is not simply to bind calcium...
- Neuropeptides in anterior pituitary developmentVincenzo Cimini
Department of Biomorphological and Functional Sciences, Federico II University of Naples, Via Pansini 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
Int J Dev Neurosci 21:291-301. 2003..There is now firm immunocytochemical evidence that neuropeptides are present during morphogenesis of the pituitary and can be present simultaneously with all pituitary hormones...
- CuZn-superoxide dismutase in human thymus: immunocytochemical localisation and secretion in thymus-derived epithelial and fibroblast cell linesV Cimini
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomorfologiche e Funzionali, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia, Universita di Napoli Federico II, Via Pansini 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
Histochem Cell Biol 118:163-9. 2002..These data suggest that CuZn-SOD could be a relevant antioxidant paracrine molecule in human thymus...
- Galanin coexists with pituitary hormones in the fetal ratV Cimini
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomorfologiche e Funzionali, Cattedra di Istologia, Via Pansini 5, 80131, Napoli, Italy
Peptides 21:1711-6. 2000..We conclude that the multiple coexistence of galanin with most of the pituitary hormones during fetal development is a further example of plasticity of endocrine pituitary cells, and that galanin may have a role in cytodifferentiation...
- Beta(2)-adrenergic receptor gene delivery to the endothelium corrects impaired adrenergic vasorelaxation in hypertensionGuido Iaccarino
Department of Clinical Medicine, Cardiovascular and Immunological Sciences, Federico II University, Naples, Italy
Circulation 106:349-55. 2002....
- Ischemic neoangiogenesis enhanced by beta2-adrenergic receptor overexpression: a novel role for the endothelial adrenergic systemGuido Iaccarino
Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica e Scienze Cardiovascolari ed Immunologiche, Universita Federico II, Naples, Italy
Circ Res 97:1182-9. 2005..Therefore, beta2ARs play a critical role in endothelial cell proliferation and function including revascularization, suggesting a novel and physiologically relevant role in neoangiogenesis in response to ischemia...
- Prior exercise improves age-dependent vascular endothelial growth factor downregulation and angiogenesis responses to hind-limb ischemia in old ratsDario Leosco
Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica, Scienze Cardiovascolari ed Immunologiche, Federico II University, Via Pansini 5, Edificio 2, 80131 Naples, Italy
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 62:471-80. 2007..In conclusion, prior exercise represents a valid tool to counteract age-related molecular alterations resulting in impaired angiogenesis in response to ischemia...
- Exercise promotes angiogenesis and improves beta-adrenergic receptor signalling in the post-ischaemic failing rat heartDario Leosco
Cattedra di Geriatria, Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica, Scienze Cardiovascolari ed Immunologiche, Universita Federico II, Via Pansini 5, 80131 Napoli, Italy
Cardiovasc Res 78:385-94. 2008..We also explored the contribution of ameliorated beta-adrenergic receptor signalling and function on the overall improvement of cardiac contractility reserve induced by exercise...
- Galanin inhibits ACTH release in vitro and can be demonstrated immunocytochemically in dispersed corticotrophsV Cimini
Institute of Human Anatomy, Medical School of Federico II University of Naples, Italy
Exp Cell Res 228:212-5. 1996..In fact, immunoneutralization with galanin antiserum quenched the inhibitory effect of galanin on ACTH secretion. Our study suggests that locally produced galanin can modulate corticotropin release...
- Calretinin distribution in the octopus brain: an immunohistochemical and in situ hybridization histochemical analysisGiovanna G Altobelli
Department of Biomorphological and Functional Sciences, Federico II University of Naples, Via Pansini 5, 80131 Napoli, Italy
Brain Res 1132:71-7. 2007....
- Antiproliferative and proapoptotic effects of raloxifene on uterine leiomyomas in postmenopausal womenStefano Palomba
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Magna Graecia of Catanzaro, Catanzaro, Italy
Fertil Steril 84:154-61. 2005..To study the cell effects of raloxifene on uterine and leiomyoma tissue in postmenopausal women...