Affiliation: Federico II University
- Congenital toxoplasmosis: the state of the artW Buffolano
The Special Unit for Perinatal Infection, Federico II University, Naples Medical School, Italy
Parassitologia 50:37-43. 2008..A century after the first description the best preventative strategy against CT is still matter of debate. Over Europe, where prenatal and newborn screening are overspread, effectiveness/cost ratio remains undemonstrated...
- The second generation of HIV-1 vertically exposed infants: a case series from the Italian Register for paediatric HIV infectionCarmelina Calitri
Department of Paediatrics, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
BMC Infect Dis 14:277. 2014....
- [Update for the standard procedures of diagnosis and therapy in cases of congenital rubella]W Buffolano
Centro Coordinamento Infezioni Perinatali Regione Campania, UniversitÃ Federico II, Napoli, Italia
Pediatr Med Chir 35:110-7. 2013..The paper highlights clinical and laboratory aspects channeling diagnosis of congenital rubella infection or syndrome even after the first year of life, and the short- and long-term management criteria...
- Failure to implement a preventive strategy against congenital toxoplasmosis in ItalyW Buffolano
Pediatric Department, Federico II Medical School, Naples University, Naples, Italy
Arch Pediatr 10:21-2. 2003
- [Standard procedures for the diagnosis and management of cases of congenital rubella]W Buffolano
Settore Infezioni Perinatali, Dipartimento Pediatria, Universita Federico II, Napoli
Pediatr Med Chir 26:9-18. 2004
- Delayed maturation of IgG avidity in congenital toxoplasmosisW Buffolano
Pediatrics Department, Federico II Naples University, Via Pansini 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 23:825-30. 2004....
- Secular trend on congenital infections: insights from Campania region register for perinatal infection, southern ItalyWilma Buffolano
Department of Pediatrics, Federico II University of Naples, Italy, Via Pansini 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 24:94-6. 2011..Moreover, the effect of recent massive immigration from Eastern EU and Africa requires further focus...
- Prenatal screening for congenital toxoplasmosis in Campania: preliminary report on activities and resultsL Stagni
Department of Paediatrics, University Hospital Federico II, Naples, Italy
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 104:374-7. 2009..001). Extension of this surveillance system across the country could help to define a future strategy for prevention...
- Prenatal diagnosis of congenital rubella infection and ultrasonography: a preliminary studyA Migliucci
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital Federico II, Naples, Italy
Minerva Ginecol 63:485-9. 2011..The aim of this study was to analyze the role of ultrasonography in the prenatal diagnosis of women with confirmed rubella infection in pregnancy...
- Predictors of retinochoroiditis in children with congenital toxoplasmosis: European, prospective cohort studyKatherine Freeman
Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, USA
Pediatrics 121:e1215-22. 2008..We determined which children are most at risk and whether prenatal treatment reduces the risk of retinochoroiditis to help clinicians decide about treatment and follow-up...
- Toxoplasma gondii infections in sheep in Sicily, southern ItalyG Vesco
Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale della Sicilia, Via Gino Marinuzzi, 3, 90129 Palermo, Italy
Vet Parasitol 146:3-8. 2007..The presence of cats on the farm, farm size and using surface water as drinking water for the animals were risk factors for infection in sheep, with age as a significant confounder...
- Age-related lymphocyte and neutrophil levels in children of hepatitis C-infected womenLucy Pembrey
Centre for Paediatric Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Institute of Child Health and Great Ormond Hospital for Children NHS Trust, University College London, London, UK
Pediatr Infect Dis J 27:800-7. 2008....
- Determinants of response to a parent questionnaire about development and behaviour in 3 year olds: European multicentre study of congenital toxoplasmosisA Salt
The Neurodisability Service, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children and Institute of Child Health, London, UK
BMC Pediatr 5:21. 2005..We aimed to determine how response to a parent-completed postal questionnaire measuring development, behaviour, impairment, and parental concerns and anxiety, varies in different European centres...
- Association between congenital toxoplasmosis and preterm birth, low birthweight and small for gestational age birthK Freeman
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
BJOG 112:31-7. 2005..To determine the association between congenital toxoplasmosis and preterm birth, low birthweight and small for gestational age birth...
- Rubella control in ItalyM Ciofi degli Atti
Laboratorio di Epidemiologia e Biostatistica, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Euro Surveill 9:19-21. 2004..e., improving the vaccination of susceptible women of childbearing age, and reintroducing national surveillance of CRS...
- Identification of a human immunodominant B-cell epitope within the GRA1 antigen of Toxoplasma gondii by phage display of cDNA librariesE Beghetto
Kenton Laboratories, Rome, Italy
Int J Parasitol 31:1659-68. 2001..In particular, the analysis of human antibody response against the recombinant GRA1 antigen fragments revealed the existence of an immunodominant epitope (epi-24 peptide)...