Ian R H Falloon
- Caregivers' stresses when living together or apart from patients with chronic schizophreniaTannis M Laidlaw
Departmetn of Cognitive Neuroscience and Behaviour Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, London, UK
Community Ment Health J 38:303-10. 2002..These results suggest that mental health services should aim to assist key caregivers of people with chronic schizophrenic disorders to manage stress whether or not the patient lives in the same household as the caregiver...
- Violence, misconduct and schizophrenia: Outcome after four years of optimal treatmentMarina Economou
Department of Psychiatry, University of Auckland, New Zealand
Clin Pract Epidemiol Ment Health 1:3. 2005..CONCLUSION: The study supports the hypothesis that effective treatment reduces aggressive and sexual misconduct in schizophrenic disorders...
- The clinical strategies implementation scale to measure implementation of treatment in mental health servicesIan R H Falloon
Department of Psychiatry, Auckland University in New Zealand and with the Optimal Treatment Project Collaborative Group, 06050 Mercatello, Perugia, Italy
Psychiatr Serv 56:1584-90. 2005....
- Is theory of mind in schizophrenia more strongly associated with clinical and social functioning than with neurocognitive deficits?Rita Roncone
Department of Psychiatry, University of L Aquila, L Aquila, Italy
Psychopathology 35:280-8. 2002..Further studies are needed to verify the value of these measures as predictors of the successful application of specific psychosocial rehabilitation strategies...
- The Sasagawa project: a model for deinstitutionalisation in JapanMasafumi Mizuno
Department of Neuropsychiatry, School of Medicine, Keio University, Shinjuku ku, Japan
Keio J Med 54:95-101. 2005..This project might be a useful model for effecting and monitoring transition from hospital to community care in Japan and other countries where such changes have been proposed...
- Antipsychotic drugs: when and how to withdraw them?Ian R H Falloon
Psychother Psychosom 75:133-8. 2006
- Deinstitutionalization of long-stay patients with schizophrenia: the 2-year social and clinical outcome of a comprehensive intervention program in JapanYonosuke Ryu
Asaka Hospital, Koriyama City, Japan
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 40:462-70. 2006....
- The VADO approach in psychiatric rehabilitation: a randomized controlled trialAntonella Gigantesco
Unit of Mental Health, Italian National Institute of Health, Viale Regina Elena, 299, Roma, 00161 Italy
Psychiatr Serv 57:1778-83. 2006....
- The questionnaire of family functioning: a preliminary validation of a standardized instrument to evaluate psychoeducational family treatmentsRita Roncone
Department of Experimental Medicine Psychiatry, University of L Aquila, Via Vetoio, Coppito2, I 67100, L Aquila, Italy
Community Ment Health J 43:591-607. 2007..Further studies are needed to confirm the validity of the instrument, that could be helpful both in planning and in monitoring psycho-educational interventions and in mental health promotion projects...