- [Interventions for healthy diet promotion in Italy]Fabrizio Faggiano
Dipartimento di Medicina Traslazionale, Universita del Piemonte Orientale, Novara
Epidemiol Prev 39:367-72. 2015..to describe the prevention interventions conducted by the Regional health services to promote a healthy diet...
- [Primary prevention of cancer and cardiovascular diseases: an overview of scientific literature]Fabrizio Faggiano
Dipartimento di medicina traslazionale Università del Piemonte orientale
Epidemiol Prev 38:19-22. 2014..To compare the proportions of effective primary prevention interventions for non-communicable diseases with the proportions of effective prevention interventions delivered in practice...
- Universal school-based prevention for illicit drug useFabrizio Faggiano
Department of TranslationalMedicine, Università del PiemonteOrientale, Via Solaroli 17, Novara, NO, 28100, Italy
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 12:CD003020. 2014..Drug addiction is a chronic, relapsing disease. Primary interventions should aim to reduce first use or to prevent the transition from experimental use to addiction. School is the appropriate setting for preventive interventions...
- A follow-up study of heroin addicts (VEdeTTE2): study design and protocolFederica D Vigna-Taglianti
Piedmont Centre for Drug Addiction Epidemiology, ASL 5 Grugliasco, Italy
Subst Abuse Treat Prev Policy 2:9. 2007..The purpose of this paper is to describe the protocol of the VEdeTTE2 study, and to present the results of the pilot study carried out to assess the feasibility of the study and to improve study procedures...
- The influence of socioeconomic environment on the effectiveness of alcohol prevention among European students: a cluster randomized controlled trialMaria Paola Caria
Department of Public Health Sciences, Karolinska Institutet, Norrbacka, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
BMC Public Health 11:312. 2011..We study whether the social environment affects the impact of a new school-based prevention programme on alcohol use among European students...
- Effects of clinical pathways in the joint replacement: a meta-analysisA Barbieri
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Eastern Piedmont A, Avogadro, Novara, Italy
BMC Med 7:32. 2009....
- The effectiveness of a school-based substance abuse prevention program: 18-month follow-up of the EU-Dap cluster randomized controlled trialFabrizio Faggiano
Avogadro University, Via Solaroli 17, 28100 Novara, Italy
Drug Alcohol Depend 108:56-64. 2010..To evaluate the effectiveness of a school-based substance abuse prevention program developed in the EU-Dap study (EUropean Drug Addiction Prevention trial)...
- The effectiveness of a school-based substance abuse prevention program: EU-Dap cluster randomised controlled trialFabrizio Faggiano
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine Avogadro University, Novara, Italy
Prev Med 47:537-43. 2008..To evaluate the effectiveness of the school-based drug abuse prevention program developed in the EU-Dap study (EUropean Drug Abuse Prevention trial) in preventing the use of tobacco, alcohol and drugs at the post-test...
- School-based prevention for illicit drugs use: a systematic reviewFabrizio Faggiano
Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine, Avogadro University, Novara, Italy
Prev Med 46:385-96. 2008..To evaluate the effectiveness of school-based interventions in preventing or reducing drug use...
- A cluster randomized controlled trial of school-based prevention of tobacco, alcohol and drug use: the EU-Dap design and study populationFabrizio Faggiano
Piemonte Monitoring Centre for Drug Abuse, Torino, Italy
Prev Med 44:170-3. 2007..The EU-Dap study is a multicenter cluster randomized community trial (CRCT) designed to evaluate such a program. This paper presents study design and baseline characteristics of the study population...
- School policies for preventing smoking among young peopleAlessandro Coppo
Department of Translational Medicine, Avogadro University, Novara, Italy
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 10:CD009990. 2014..STPs are cheap, relatively easy to implement and have a wide reach, but it is not clear whether this approach is effective in preventing smoking uptake...
- Europe needs a central, transparent, and evidence-based approval process for behavioural prevention interventionsFabrizio Faggiano
Department of Translational Medicine, Universita del Piemonte Orientale Amedeo Avogadro, Novara, Italy
PLoS Med 11:e1001740. 2014b>Fabrizio Faggiano and colleagues discuss how a central, transparent, and evidence-based approval process is needed for behavioral prevention interventions in Europe and propose a way forward...
- Are mass-media campaigns effective in preventing drug use? A Cochrane systematic review and meta-analysisElias Allara
Department of Translational Medicine, Universita del Piemonte Orientale, Novara, Italy School of Public Health, University of Torino, Torino, Italy
BMJ Open 5:e007449. 2015..To determine whether there is evidence that mass-media campaigns can be effective in reducing illicit drug consumption and the intent to consume...
- A prevention program for multiple health-compromising behaviors in adolescence: baseline results from a cluster randomized controlled trialElias Allara
Department of Translational Medicine, Avogadro University, Novara, Italy School of Public Health, University of Torino, Torino, Italy Electronic address
Prev Med 71:20-6. 2015....
- [Gamma-hydroxybutyrate (GHB) for mid/long term treatment of alcohol dependence: a systematic review]Romeo Brambilla
Osservatorio Epidemiologico delle Dipendenze, Grugliasco, Torino, Italy
Riv Psichiatr 47:269-80. 2012..The objective of this paper is to synthesize results of a Cochrane review on efficacy of GHB for treating alcohol dependence at mid-term...
- Gamma-hydroxybutyrate (GHB) for treatment of alcohol withdrawal and prevention of relapsesMaurizio A Leone
SCDU Neurologia, , C Mazzini 18, 28100 Novara, Italy
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2:CD006266. 2010..Side effects of GHB are not statistically different from those with BZD, NTX or Disulfiram. However, concern has been raised regarding the risk of developing addiction, misuse or abuse, especially in polydrug abusers...
- Testing anonymous link procedures for follow-up of adolescents in a school-based trial: the EU-DAP pilot studyM Rosaria Galanti
Stockholm Center for Public Health Tobacco Prevention, Box 17533 118 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Prev Med 44:174-7. 2007..To study the feasibility of an anonymous coding procedure linking longitudinal information in a multi-center trial of substance abuse prevention among adolescents...
- [Mortality of drug users attending public treatment centers in Italy 1998-2001: a cohort study]Marica Ferri
Agenzia di Sanità Pubblica della Regione Lazio, Via di Santa Costanza 53, 00198 Roma
Epidemiol Prev 31:276-82. 2007..to describe the overall and cause-specific mortality among heroin users attending Public Treatment Centers (PTCs) in Italy and to estimate the impact of heroin use on mortality in the general population...
- Risk of fatal overdose during and after specialist drug treatment: the VEdeTTE study, a national multi-site prospective cohort studyMarina Davoli
Department of Epidemiology, Rome, Italy
Addiction 102:1954-9. 2007..Specialist drug treatment is critical to overdose prevention; methadone maintenance is effective, but we lack evidence for other modalities. We evaluate the impact of a range of treatments for opiate dependence on overdose mortality...
- VEdeTTE, a longitudinal study on effectiveness of treatments for heroin addiction in Italy: study protocol and characteristics of study populationAnna Maria Bargagli
Department of Epidemiology, ASL Rome E, Rome, Italy
Subst Use Misuse 41:1861-79. 2006..The Italian heroin-addicted population under treatment seems to have low level of education but good social integration. Compared with men, women show a higher severity. Participants show a beneficial effect of treatment...