Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: European Molecular Biology Laboratory
- The role of profilin complexes in cell motility and other cellular processesWalter Witke
EMBL, Program for Mouse Biology, Campus Adriano Buzzati Traverso, 00016 Monterotondo, Italy
Trends Cell Biol 14:461-9. 2004....
- HuGE, a novel GFP-actin-expressing mouse line for studying cytoskeletal dynamicsChristine B Gurniak
EMBL Mouse Biology Unit, Campus Adriano Buzzati Traverso, Via Ramarini 32, I 00016 Monterotondo, Italy
Eur J Cell Biol 86:3-12. 2007..Therefore, the huGE mouse line provides a novel tool to monitor actin dynamics in mouse embryos and a wide range of organs...
- Profilin2 contributes to synaptic vesicle exocytosis, neuronal excitability, and novelty-seeking behaviorPietro Pilo Boyl
EMBL, Mouse Biology Unit, Adriano Buzzati Traverso Campus, Via Ramarini 32, 00015 Monterotondo, Italy
EMBO J 26:2991-3002. 2007..Our results highlight a novel, profilin2-dependent pathway, regulating synaptic physiology, neuronal excitability, and complex behavior...
- Mouse profilin 2 regulates endocytosis and competes with SH3 ligand binding to dynamin 1Ralph Gareus
Mouse Biology Unit, European Molecular Biology Laboratory EMBL, Campus Adriano Buzzati Traverso, 00016 Monterotondo, Italy
J Biol Chem 281:2803-11. 2006....
- The actin depolymerizing factor n-cofilin is essential for neural tube morphogenesis and neural crest cell migrationChristine B Gurniak
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Mouse Biology Programme, Adriano Buzzati Traverso Campus, Via Ramarini 32, 00016 Monterotondo, Italy
Dev Biol 278:231-41. 2005..Our data suggest that in mammalian development, regulation of the actin cytoskeleton by the F-actin depolymerizing factor n-cofilin is critical for epithelial-mesenchymal type of cell shape changes as well as cell proliferation...
- High-resolution structural analysis of mammalian profilin 2a complex formation with two physiological ligands: the formin homology 1 domain of mDia1 and the proline-rich domain of VASPPetri Kursula
EMBL Hamburg Outstation, DESY, Notkestrasse 85, D 22607 Hamburg, Germany
J Mol Biol 375:270-90. 2008..Our data provide structural insights into the mechanisms of mDia1 and VASP regulated actin polymerisation...
- RhoA/ROCK regulation of neuritogenesis via profilin IIa-mediated control of actin stabilityJorge Santos Da Silva
Cavalieri Ottolenghi Scientific Institute, University of Turin, 10043 Orbassano, Torino, Italy
J Cell Biol 162:1267-79. 2003..We propose that RhoA/ROCK/PIIa-mediated regulation of actin stability, shown to be essential for neuritogenesis, may constitute a central mechanism throughout neuronal differentiation...
- The actin-binding protein profilin I is localized at synaptic sites in an activity-regulated mannerHenrike Neuhoff
Zentrum fur Molekulare Neurobiologie Hamburg, ZMNH, University of Hamburg, Falkenried 94, D 20251 Hamburg, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 21:15-25. 2005..These results show that profilin I can be present at both pre- and postsynaptic sites and suggest a role for this actin-binding protein in activity-dependent remodelling of synaptic structure...
- N-cofilin is associated with neuronal migration disorders and cell cycle control in the cerebral cortexGian Carlo Bellenchi
Mouse Biology Unit, European Molecular Biology Laboratory EMBL, 00015, Monterotondo, Italy
Genes Dev 21:2347-57. 2007..These results demonstrate that mutations affecting regulators of the actin cytoskeleton contribute to the pathology of cortex development...