Affiliation: Desio Hospital
- Inhaled corticosteroids and leukotriene modifiers in the acute treatment of asthma exacerbationsAntonio Foresi
Respiratory Pathophysiology Laboratory, Sesto San Giovanni Hospital, Italy
Curr Opin Pulm Med 9:52-6. 2003..The availability of different drugs, active on different targets, can potentially contribute to a better management of asthma exacerbations...
- [Inhaled corticosteroid therapy in adults with asthma. Current evidences]Antonio Foresi
Servizio di Pneumologia e Fisiopatologia Respiratoria, Ospedale Sesto San Giovanni, Azienda Ospedaliera Ospedale Civile di Vimercate
Recenti Prog Med 96:469-73. 2005..Despite some limitations due to poor response in neutrophilic asthma and to potential systemic side effects, ICS will certainly be the cornerstone of asthma therapy even the next future...
- Step-down compared to fixed-dose treatment with inhaled fluticasone propionate in asthmaAntonio Foresi
Respiratory Pathophysiology Unit, Sesto San Giovanni Hospital, Sesto San Giovanni, Italy
Chest 127:117-24. 2005..Although the most appropriate strategy for the stepping down has not yet been defined, quantification of sputum eosinophils and bronchial hyperresponsiveness (BHR) are indeed measures of asthma control...
- Vascular component of airway remodeling in asthma is reduced by high dose of fluticasoneAlfredo Chetta
Department of Clinical Sciences, Section of Respiratory Diseases, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 167:751-7. 2003..In conclusion, this study shows that in patients with mild to moderate asthma, high dose of inhaled FP given over 6 weeks can significantly affect airway remodeling by reducing both submucosal vascularity and basement membrane thickness...
- Induced sputum and bronchoalveolar lavage from patients with hypersensitivity pneumonitisRaffaele D'Ippolito
Section of Respiratory Diseases, Department of Clinical Sciences, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
Respir Med 98:977-83. 2004..The aim of this study was to compare the cellular profiles of induced sputum (IS) in patients with newly diagnosed HP to that of healthy subjects, and to examine the relationship between inflammatory cells from IS and BAL...
- The Inhaled Steroid Treatment As Regular Therapy in Early Asthma (START) study 5-year follow-up: effectiveness of early intervention with budesonide in mild persistent asthmaWilliam W Busse
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, J5 219 CSC, Box 2454, 600 Highland Ave, Madison, WI 53792, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 121:1167-74. 2008....
- Inhaled corticosteroids and oxidative stressAndrea Pelucchi
Respiration 70:238-9. 2003
- Effect of heliox breathing on dynamic hyperinflation in COPD patientsMatteo Pecchiari
Istituto di Fisiologia Umana I, Universita di Milano, Milan, Italy
Chest 125:2075-82. 2004..Helium-oxygen mixtures (ie, heliox) have been used in treating these patients on the assumption that, by lowering airway resistance, they might be beneficial...
- Assessment of breathlessness perception by Borg scale in asthmatic patients: reproducibility and applicability to different stimuliAlfredo Chetta
Department of Respiratory Diseases, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
J Asthma 40:323-9. 2003..In addition, PS20 showed a good reproducibility and this allows the serial evaluation of patient's breathlessness perception by this technique in clinical settings and in the physiology laboratory...
- Cardiorespiratory response to walk in multiple sclerosis patientsAlfredo Chetta
Section of Respiratory Diseases, Department of Clinical Sciences, University of Parma, Parma 10 43100, Italy
Respir Med 98:522-9. 2004..05). We conclude that in MS patients with mild disability, fatigue and exertion dyspnea are different sensations without any link and a peripheral limitation during walk can occur...