G V Coppa
- Human milk glycosaminoglycans: the state of the art and future perspectivesGiovanni Valentino Coppa
Pediatric Division, Department of Clinical Sciences, Polytechnic University of Marche, Ospedali Riuniti, Presidio Salesi, Via Toti 4, Ancona, 60121, Italy
Ital J Pediatr 39:2. 2013..Metabolism and potential biological functions of human milk glycosaminoglycans are hypothesized and future studies are encouraged...
- Joint contractures in the absence of inflammation may indicate mucopolysaccharidosisRolando Cimaz
Ospedale Meyer Reumatologia, Firenze, Italy
Pediatr Rheumatol Online J 7:18. 2009..Patients with attenuated MPS disease often experience diagnostic delays. Enzyme replacement therapy is now commercially available for MPS I (laronidase), MPS II (idursulfase), and MPS VI (galsulfase)...
- Human milk oligosaccharides inhibit the adhesion to Caco-2 cells of diarrheal pathogens: Escherichia coli, Vibrio cholerae, and Salmonella fyrisGiovanni V Coppa
Institute of Maternal Infantile Sciences, Polytechnic University of Marche, Italy
Pediatr Res 59:377-82. 2006..cholerae and S. fyris. Consequently, oligosaccharides are one of the important defensive factors contained in human milk against acute diarrheal infections of breast-fed infants...
- Prebiotics in human milk: a reviewG V Coppa
Institute of Maternal Infantile Sciences, Polytechnic University of Marche, Via F Corridoni, 11, 60123 Ancona, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 38:S291-4. 2006..The real prebiotic role of each of these substances is not yet clearly defined, with the exception of oligosaccharides which undoubtedly promote a bifidobacteria-dominant microflora...
- Enzyme-replacement therapy in a 5-month-old boy with attenuated presymptomatic MPS I: 5-year follow-upOrazio Gabrielli
Institute of Maternal Infantile Sciences, Polytechnic University of Marche, Ancona, Italy
Pediatrics 125:e183-7. 2010..We suggest that early treatment of attenuated MPS I may significantly delay or prevent the onset of the major clinical signs, substantially modifying the natural history of the disease...
- Mental retardation in mucopolysaccharidoses correlates with high molecular weight urinary heparan sulphate derived glucosamineG V Coppa
Pediatric Division, Department of Clinical Sciences, Polytechnic University of the Marche, Ospedali Riuniti, Presidio Salesi, Ancona, Italy
Metab Brain Dis 30:1343-8. 2015..This is also supported by the consideration that accumulation of other GAGs different from HS, as in MPS IV and MPS VI, and low molecular weight HS fragments do not impact on central nervous system disease. ..
- The first prebiotics in humans: human milk oligosaccharidesGiovanni V Coppa
Istituto di Scienze Materno Infantili, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Ancona, Italy
J Clin Gastroenterol 38:S80-3. 2004....
- Host-dependent zonulin secretion causes the impairment of the small intestine barrier function after bacterial exposureRamzi El Asmar
Department of Pediatrics and Center for Vaccine Development, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Gastroenterology 123:1607-15. 2002..On the basis of our recent discovery of zonulin, a modulator of small-intestinal tight junctions, we asked whether microorganisms might induce zonulin secretion and increased small-intestinal permeability...
- Dietary prebiotic oligosaccharides are detectable in the faeces of formula-fed infantsGuido E Moro
Centre for Infant Nutrition, Macedonio Melloni Maternity Hospital, Milan, Italy
Acta Paediatr Suppl 94:27-30. 2005..8 (0.7) CFU/g stool; placebo group: 7.1 (4.7) CFU/g stool; p<0.001). In all infants fed the supplemented formula, GOS and FOS could be identified in the stool samples. That was not the case in infants fed the non-supplemented formula...