Affiliation: Catholic University
- Antithrombin III in patients admitted to intensive care units: a multicenter observational studyAndrea Messori
Laboratorio SIFO di Farmacoeconomia, c o Drug Information Center, Azienda Ospedaliera Careggi, Florence, Italy
Crit Care 6:447-51. 2002..In Italy, the use of ATIII is very common in intensive care units (ICUs). For this reason we undertook an observational study to determine the pattern of use of ATIII in ICUs and to assess the outcome of patients given this treatment...
- Pharmacotherapy of multiple myeloma: an economic perspectiveAndrea Messori
Laboratorio SIFO di Farmacoeconomia, c o Drug Information Centre, Azienda Ospedaliera Careggi, Firenze, Italy
Expert Opin Pharmacother 4:515-24. 2003....
- Survival in patients with metastatic breast cancer: analysis of randomized studies comparing oral aromatase inhibitors versus megestrolA Messori
Laboratorio SIFO di Farmacoeconomia, Centro Informazione Farmaci, Azienda Ospedaliera Careggi, Florence, Italy
Anticancer Drugs 11:701-6. 2000..A preliminary calculation of the cost per life year gained shows that the pharmacoeconomic profile of these drugs is favorable...
- Bleeding and pneumonia in intensive care patients given ranitidine and sucralfate for prevention of stress ulcer: meta-analysis of randomised controlled trialsA Messori
Laboratorio SIFO di Farmacoeconomia, Centro Informazione Farmaci, Servizio Farmaceutico, Azienda Ospedaliera Careggi, 50134 Florence, Italy
BMJ 321:1103-6. 2000..To determine the effectiveness of ranitidine and sucralfate in the prevention of stress ulcer in critical patients and to assess if these treatments affect the risk of nosocomial pneumonia...
- Cost effectiveness of riluzole in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Italian Cooperative Group for the Study of Meta-Analysis and the Osservatorio SIFO sui FarmaciA Messori
Drug Information Centre, Pharmaceutical Service, Azienda Ospedaliera Careggi, Florence, Italy
Pharmacoeconomics 16:153-63. 1999..We conducted a pharmacoeconomic analysis for estimating the cost per life-year gained using this drug...
- Cost-effectiveness of interferon in chronic myeloid leukaemia: analysis of four clinical studiesA Messori
Italian Cooperative Group for the Study of Meta analysis, Azienda Ospedaliera Careggi, Florence, Italy
Ann Oncol 9:389-96. 1998..To assess the pharmacoeconomic profile of interferon treatment in terms of cost per life-year gained, we conducted an incremental cost-effectiveness analysis...
- Advanced HIV infection treated with zidovudine monotherapy: lifetime values of absolute cost-effectiveness as a pharmacoeconomic reference for future studies evaluating antiretroviral combination treatments. The Osservatorio SIFO sui FarmaciA Messori
Drug Information Center, Azienda Ospedaliera Careggi, Firenze, Italy
Ann Pharmacother 31:1447-54. 1997....
- Survival of patients with recurrent malignant glioma treated with temozolomide: a retrospective observational studySabrina Trippoli
Laboratorio SIFO di Farmacoeconomia, Drug Information Centre, Azienda Ospedaliera Careggi, Florence, Italy
Drugs R D 4:285-91. 2003..To assess whether the survival of patients with recurrent malignant glioma receiving temozolomide in everyday practice is comparable to that reported in previous studies...
- Survival in patients with intermediate or high grade non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: meta-analysis of randomized studies comparing third generation regimens with CHOPA Messori
Drug Information Center Azienda Ospedaliera Careggi, Firenze, Italy
Br J Cancer 84:303-7. 2001..CHOP was 0.92 (95%CI: 0.80 to 1.06;P = 0.26). We conclude that, on the basis of our meta-analysis, third generation regimens do not confer any survival benefit to patients with intermediate or high grade NHL as compared with CHOP...
- Combined surgery and chemotherapy for the treatment of primary gastrointestinal intermediate- or high-grade non-Hodgkin's lymphomasG Bellesi
Cattedra e Divisione di Ematologia, , Firenze, Italy
Br J Cancer 60:244-8. 1989..05), whereas age, sex and histological subtype were not influential. Our data indicate that chemotherapy following surgical resection of gastrointestinal lesion induces long-term remission in primary gastrointestinal lymphomas...
- Quality of life and utility in patients with non-small cell lung cancer. Quality-of-life Study Group of the Master 2 Project in PharmacoeconomicsS Trippoli
Laboratorio SIFO di Farmacoeconomia e Instituto di Economia Sanitaria, Azienda Ospedallera Careggi, Firenze, Italy
Pharmacoeconomics 19:855-63. 2001..The EuroQOL measurements obtained from these patients will aid evaluation of the cost-utility ratio for NSCLC therapies...
- Multivariate analysis of factors influencing quality of life and utility in patients with haemophiliaS Trippoli
Drug Information Center, Azienda Ospedaliera Careggi, Florence, Italy
Haematologica 86:722-8. 2001..INTERPRETATION AND CONCLUSIONS: Our study quantified the degree to which QOL is impaired in patients with hemophilia by using both a generic questionnaire and a utility-based approach...
- Dropout rates with olanzapine or risperidone: a multi-centre observational studyF Pelagotti
Laboratorio SIFO di Farmacoeconomia, Drug Information Centre, Azienda Ospedaliera Careggi, Viale Morgagni 85, 50134 Florence, Italy
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 59:905-9. 2004..To better test this hypothesis, our observational study was aimed at assessing whether or not this advantage of olanzapine versus risperidone could be confirmed in a patient series examined in an observational setting...
- Event-free survival and cost-effectiveness in adult acute lymphoblastic leukaemia in first remission treated with allogeneic transplantationC Orsi
Laboratory of Pharmacoeconomis, Pharmaceutical Service, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria, Careggi, Firenze, Italy
Bone Marrow Transplant 40:643-9. 2007..Allogeneic transplantation in ALL-CR1 improves event-free survival as compared to chemotherapy or autologous transplantation. Its cost-effectiveness profile is acceptable...
- Iron lung versus conventional mechanical ventilation in acute exacerbation of COPDA Corrado
Respiratory Intensive Care Unit, Careggi Hospital, Firenze, Italy
Eur Respir J 23:419-24. 2004....
- Use of gabexate mesylate in Italian hospitals: a multicentre observational studyF Pelagotti
Laboratorio SIFO di Farmacoeconomia, U O Farmacia, Drug Information Center, Azienda Ospedaliera Careggi, Viale Morgagni 85, 50134 Florence, Italy
J Clin Pharm Ther 28:191-6. 2003..An updated meta-analysis of the use of the drug is also presented...
- Ondansetron versus chlorpromazine for preventing emesis in bone marrow transplant recipients: a double-blind randomized studyA Bosi
Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, Careggi Hospital, Florence, Italy
J Chemother 5:191-6. 1993..002), the absence of extrapyramidal reactions (p < 0.001) and no need for dose reduction (p < 0.001) as compared with patients treated with chlorpromazine...
- Gastrointestinal and renal side effects of bisphosphonates: differentiating between no proof of difference and proof of no differenceV Fadda
HTA Unit, Area Vasta Centro Toscana, Regional Health System, via San Salvi 12, 50100, Florence, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 38:189-92. 2015..This study was aimed at comparing the safety of bisphosphonates in women with osteoporosis by application of equivalence testing...
- Comparison of the efficacy and tolerability of new antiepileptic drugs: what can we learn from long-term studies?G Zaccara
Unit of Neurology, S M Nuova Hospital, Florence, Italy
Acta Neurol Scand 114:157-68. 2006..A review of long-term open-label studies was performed with the aim of detecting differences in efficacy and/or tolerability of new antiepileptic drugs (AEDs)...
- Audit of a shared-care program for persons with diabetes: baseline and 3 annual follow-upsA V Ciardullo
Center for the Evaluation of the Efficacy of Healthcare CeVEAS, AUSL Modena, Local Health Unit, Viale Muratori 201, I 41100, Modena, Italy
Acta Diabetol 41:9-13. 2004..6%+/-1.6% to 7.3%+/-1.3% and the percentage of people with HbA(1c)< or =6.5% significantly improved over time. Similar trends were observed in both disabled and non-disabled diabetic patients...
- Changes in long-term glycemic control and performance indicators in a cohort of type 2 diabetic patients cared for by general practitioners: findings from the "Modena Diabetes Project"A V Ciardullo
Centre for the Evaluation of the Effectiveness of Health Care, CeVEAS, Azienda USL, Modena, Italy
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 13:372-6. 2003..We therefore evaluated the 4-year follow-up changes in outcomes and performance indicators in type 2 diabetic patients cared for by GPs in the framework of the "Modena Diabetes Project"...