Affiliation: Catholic University
- Congenital malformations in twins: an international studyP Mastroiacovo
Birth Defects Unit, Catholic University, International Centre for Birth Defects, Rome, Italy
Am J Med Genet 83:117-24. 1999..The number of specific malformations associated with twins is higher than that previously reported in smaller studies...
- Growth and developmental retardation, ocular ptosis, cardiac defect, and anal atresia: confirmation of the ROCA-Wiedemann syndromeG Zampino
Istituto di Pediatria, Rome, Universita Cattolica, Italy
Am J Med Genet 90:358-60. 2000..We propose that, based on the principal clinical manifestations, this condition should be identified with the acronym ROCA (retardation of growth and development, ocular ptosis, cardiac defect, and anal atresia)...
- Prevention of congenital malformations and other adverse pregnancy outcomes with 4.0 mg of folic acid: community-based randomized clinical trial in Italy and the NetherlandsRenata Bortolus
Office for Research Promotion, Department of the Hospital Management and Pharmacy, Verona University Hospital, P, le A, Stefani, 1 37126 Verona, Italy
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 14:166. 2014..Other aims include the promotion of pre-conceptional counselling, comparing rates of selected CMs, miscarriage, pre-eclampsia, preterm birth, small for gestational age, abruptio placentae...
- Gastroschisis and associated defects: an international studyPierpaolo Mastroiacovo
Centre of the International Clearinghouse for Birth Defects Surveillance and Research, Rome, Italy
Am J Med Genet A 143:660-71. 2007..An appropriate case definition in etiological studies should include only isolated gastroschisis after an appropriate definition of isolated and non-isolated cases and a thorough case-by-case review...
- Sex and congenital malformations: an international perspectiveAlessandra Lisi
International Centre on Birth Defects, Rome, Italy
Am J Med Genet A 134:49-57. 2005..Finally, the findings underscore the need for clinical classification (e.g., into isolated, multiple, syndromes) in studies of birth defects...
- Health promotion for children, mothers and families: here's why we should "think about it before conception"Carlo Corchia
ICBD, Alessandra Lisi International Centre on Birth Defects and Prematurity, Rome, Italy
Ital J Pediatr 39:68. 2013..These actions should be part of an operational framework including perinatal outreach programs, information campaigns, and focus on problems of high-risk women, children and families. ..