Affiliation: Catholic University
- Faecal calprotectin assay after induction with anti-Tumour Necrosis Factor α agents in inflammatory bowel disease: Prediction of clinical response and mucosal healing at one yearLuisa Guidi
Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology Unit, Complesso Integrato Columbus, Catholic University of Rome, Italy Electronic address
Dig Liver Dis 46:974-9. 2014..We evaluated the role of faecal calprotectin after anti-Tumour Necrosis Factor α induction in inflammatory bowel disease patients to predict therapeutic effect at one year...
- Treatment of Crohn's disease with colony-stimulating factors: An overviewLuisa Guidi
Department of Internal Medicine, Operative Unit of Gastroenterology and
Ther Clin Risk Manag 4:927-34. 2008....
- Update on the management of inflammatory bowel disease: specific role of adalimumabLuisa Guidi
Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology, Complesso Integrato Columbus, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Rome, Italy
Clin Exp Gastroenterol 4:163-72. 2011..More data are necessary to clarify the therapeutic role of adalimumab in UC. This review of the literature summarizes available data on the efficacy and safety profile adalimumab in patients with IBD...
- FOXP3⁺ T regulatory cell modifications in inflammatory bowel disease patients treated with anti-TNFα agentsLuisa Guidi
Department of Internal Medicine, Inflammatory Bowel Disease Unit, Complesso Integrato Columbus, Catholic University, Largo Gemelli 8, 00168 Rome, Italy
Biomed Res Int 2013:286368. 2013..Our data suggest the possibility that in IBD patients the treatment with anti-TNFα may affect Treg percentages and that Treg modifications may correlate with clinical response, but differently in early versus late disease...
- Comparison of Quantiferon-TB Gold versus tuberculin skin test for tuberculosis screening in inflammatory bowel disease patientsGianluca Andrisani
Department of Gastroenterology CIC, Catholic University, Via Moscati 31 33, 00168 Rome, Italy
J Gastrointestin Liver Dis 22:21-5. 2013..We compared the performance of Quantiferon-TB Gold (QFT-G) with the tuberculin skin test (TST) for the screening of LTB in a population of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) patients who were candidates for anti-TNF-α therapy...
- Increased levels of NF-kappaB inhibitors (IkappaBalpha and IkappaBgamma) in the intestinal mucosa of Crohn's disease patients during infliximab treatmentL Guidi
Istituto di Medicina Interna, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Roma, Italy
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 18:155-64. 2005..An increase of IkappaB inhibitors levels could be one of the mechanisms by which infliximab decreases NF-kappaB activity and exerts its anti-inflammatory effects...
- Interleukin-6 release in the hepatic blood outflow during normothermic liver ischaemia in humansL Guidi
Institute of Internal Medicine and Geriatrics, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Largo A Gemelli 8, 00168 Rome, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 35:409-15. 2003..Moreover, they could be potential predictors of the outcome. Modulation of the pattern of cytokine response in the early postsurgery period could represent a new approach to minimise the impact of these procedures...
- New biological agents for the treatment of the "high risk" IBD patientsL Guidi
U O C Medicina Interna e Gastroenterologia, Complesso Integrato Columbus, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Roma, Italy
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 14:342-6. 2010..This association is well known from many years. However, the mechanisms linking chronic inflammation and carcinogenesis are beginning to be elucidated only recently...
- Combined therapy with infliximab and seton drainage for perianal fistulizing Crohn's disease with anal endosonographic monitoring: a single-centre experienceL Guidi
Dipartimento di Medicina Interna Scienze Specialistiche e Dermatologia, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Rome, Italy
Tech Coloproctol 12:111-7. 2008..Combined therapy with infliximab and setons with AE monitoring of the response showed high efficacy in the management of patients with CD with complex perianal fistulas...
- Effect of age on DNA binding of the ku protein in irradiated human peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC)D Frasca
Laboratory of Immunology, AMB PRO TOSS, ENEA CR Cassaccia, Rome, Italy
Exp Gerontol 34:645-58. 1999..This finding was concomitant with the age-related fall of DNA repair in the whole population...
- Cell proliferation and ku protein expression in ageing humansD Frasca
Laboratory of Immunology, ENEA CR Casaccia, Rome, Italy
Mech Ageing Dev 100:197-208. 1998..These findings suggest that the age-related impairment in DNA repair mechanisms are only in part related to the reduced expression of ku protein able to recognize DNA damage...
- Early atherosclerosis in patients with inflammatory bowel diseaseA Papa
Department of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology Unit, Catholic University of Rome, Italy
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 10:7-11. 2006....
- Immune response to influenza A/H1N1 vaccine in inflammatory bowel disease patients treated with anti TNF-α agents: effects of combined therapy with immunosuppressantsG Andrisani
Operative Unit of Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology, Complesso Integrato Columbus, Catholic University Sacro Cuore, Roma, Italy
J Crohns Colitis 7:301-7. 2013..Second and third aims were the safety of pH1N1 vaccine and the effects on IBD clinical activity...
- Contrast-enhanced ultrasonography with SonoVue after infliximab therapy in Crohn's diseaseL Guidi
Dipartimento di Medicina Interna, Scienze Specialistiche e Dermatologia, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 10:23-6. 2006..v. SonoVue during infliximab therapy might represent an useful, not invasive and relatively low cost imaging modality for the clinical monitoring of activity of small bowel Crohn's disease...
- Increased carotid intima-media thickness in patients with inflammatory bowel diseaseA Papa
Department of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology Unit, Catholic University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 22:839-46. 2005..Patients with inflammatory bowel disease have an increased risk of thrombotic complications; moreover, mesenteric microvascular thrombosis has been hypothesized as a contributing factor in the pathogenesis of inflammatory bowel disease...
- Paradoxical psoriasis in a large cohort of patients with inflammatory bowel disease receiving treatment with anti-TNF alpha: 5-year follow-up studyD Pugliese
IBD Unit, Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology, Complesso Integrato Columbus, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 42:880-8. 2015..Psoriasis is an emerging paradoxical side effect in patients with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) when treated with anti-TNF alpha. Patients with severe skin lesions unresponsive to topical therapy need to withdraw from treatment...
- Achievement of sustained deep remission with adalimumab in a patient with both refractory ulcerative colitis and seronegative erosive rheumatoid arthritisG Andrisani
Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology Unit, Complesso Integrato Columbus, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
Reumatismo 65:75-8. 2013..Moreover, Adalimumab is a well-established treatment for RA. Herein, we describe a patient with RA and UC treated successfully with ADA. ..
- Modulation of X-ray-induced damage recognition and repair in ageing human peripheral blood mononuclear cells by an interleukin-6-type cytokineD Frasca
Laboratory of Immunology, AMB PRO TOSS, ENEA C R Casaccia, Via Anguillarese 301, 00060 S Maria di Galeria, Rome, Italy
Mech Ageing Dev 121:5-19. 2000..However, K-7/D-6 is able to induce unscheduled DNA repair in irradiated PBMC from both young and elderly subjects. These effects of K-7/D-6 are relevant to the mechanisms of the cellular response to DNA damage...
- Development of psoriasis scalp with alopecia during treatment of Crohn's disease with infliximab and rapid response to both diseases to ustekinumabG Andrisani
IBD Unit, Complesso Integrato Columbus Gemelli Hospital, School of Medicine, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 17:2831-6. 2013..We report about the effectiveness of ustekinumab in the treatment of both severe scalp psoriasis lesions with alopecia and active Crohn's disease. ..
- Anti-TNF alpha therapy in the management of extraintestinal manifestation of inflammatory bowel diseaseG Andrisani
Complesso Integrato Columbus, School of Medicine, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 16:890-901. 2012....
- Prevalence of the K469E polymorphism of intercellular adhesion molecule 1 gene in Italian patients with inflammatory bowel diseaseA Papa
Department of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology Unit, Catholic University of Rome, A Gemelli University Hospital, Largo A Gemelli 8, 00168 Rome, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 36:528-32. 2004..Intercellular adhesion molecule 1 gene lies on chromosome 19p13, implicated in determining susceptibility to inflammatory bowel disease. Recently, the polymorphism K469E of intercellular adhesion molecule 1 gene has been identified...
- A case of pyoderma gangrenosum with ulcerative colitis treated with combined approach: infliximab and surgeryG Andrisani
Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology Unit, Complesso Integrato Columbus, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
J Crohns Colitis 7:421-6. 2013..The surgical approach to PG is reserved to a few selected cases. We report here the case of a patient with ulcerative colitis (UC) and PG localized on the left breast, treated with a simultaneous combined medical and surgical approach...
- The efficacy of chemotherapy with mebendazole in human cystic echinococcosis: long-term follow-up of 52 patientsC Bartoloni
Istituto di Clinica Medica Generale e Terapia Medica, , , Rome, Italy
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 86:249-56. 1992..Treatment of patients with cystic echinococcosis may no longer require surgery...
- Sonography of the small bowel after oral administration of fluid: an assessment of the diagnostic value of the techniqueP Mirk
Dipartimento di Bio immagini e Scienze Radiologiche, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Largo Gemelli 8, 00168, Roma, Italy
Radiol Med 117:558-74. 2012..This study was performed to assess the feasibility and possible advantages of bowel sonography after fluid filling of intestinal loops compared with conventional sonography...
- An update on the medical treatment of Crohn's diseaseG Valentini
Institute of Internal Medicine and Geriatrics, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Roma, Italy
Panminerva Med 45:15-22. 2003..We also will explain the importance of enteral nutrition, whose importance goes over the simple amelioration of nutritional status, especially in childhood CD, where it has shown to be as effective as traditional therapy...