- Mechanical ventilation modulates TLR4 and IRAK-3 in a non-infectious, ventilator-induced lung injury modelJesus Villar
CIBER de Enfermedades Respiratorias, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Spain
Respir Res 11:27. 2010....
- Role of the EGF +61A>G polymorphism in melanoma pathogenesis: an experience on a large series of Italian cases and controlsMilena Casula
Unit of Cancer Genetics, Institute of Biomolecular Chemistry, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Sassari, Italy
BMC Dermatol 9:7. 2009..To further evaluate this association, we conducted a case-control study in a clinic-based Italian population...
- Mutation analysis of candidate genes in melanoma-prone families: evidence of different pathogenetic mechanisms at chromosome 9P21Milena Casula
Istituto di Chimica Biomolecolare, CNR, Alghero, 07040 Santa Maria La Palma Sassari, Italy
Melanoma Res 13:571-9. 2003..Fluorescence in situ hybridization analysis of a subset of MM tissue sections seemed to indicate that the D9S171 locus may be involved in MM pathogenesis...
- Epidemiology and genetic susceptibility of malignant melanoma in North Sardinia, ItalyAntonio Cossu
aUnit of Pathology, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria AOU bUnit of Cancer Genetics, Institute of Biomolecular Chemistry, CNR cSassari Cancer Registry, Azienda Sanitaria Locale ASL n 1 dSurgical Pathology Unit, AOU Sassari, Sassari, Italy
Eur J Cancer Prev . 2016..The high-penetrance melanoma susceptibility genes (CDKN2A and CDK4) are not involved in predisposition to melanoma in North Sardinia...
- Main roads to melanomaGiuseppe Palmieri
Istituto di Chimica Biomolecolare, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche CNR, Sassari, Italy
J Transl Med 7:86. 2009..Progression from normal melanocytes to malignant metastatic cells in melanoma patients is the result of a combination of down- or up-regulation of various effectors acting on different molecular pathways...
- Role of key-regulator genes in melanoma susceptibility and pathogenesis among patients from South ItalyMilena Casula
Istituto di Chimica Biomolecolare, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Sassari, Italy
BMC Cancer 9:352. 2009..Several genetic alterations have been demonstrated to contribute to the development and progression of melanoma. In this study, we further investigated the impact of key-regulator genes in susceptibility and pathogenesis of such a disease...
- Assessment of genetic instability in melanocytic skin lesions through microsatellite analysis of benign naevi, dysplastic naevi, and primary melanomas and their metastasesGiuseppe Palmieri
Istituto di Chimica Biomolecolare, CNR, Alghero, 07040 Santa Maria La Palma SS, Italy
Melanoma Res 13:167-70. 2003..However, our findings are consistent with the hypothesis that MSI may be sequentially induced during malignant evolution, contributing to the progression of a subset of melanocytic tumours...
- Prognostic impact of KRAS, NRAS, BRAF, and PIK3CA mutations in primary colorectal carcinomas: a population-based studyGrazia Palomba
Institute of Biomolecular Chemistry, CNR, Sassari, Italy
J Transl Med 14:292. 2016..The aim of this study was to evaluate the prognostic value of KRAS, BRAF, NRAS and PIK3CA mutations in a large collection of CRC patients from genetically-homogeneous Sardinian population...