- Concurrent adjuvant chemotherapy and immediate breast reconstruction with skin expanders after mastectomy for breast cancerO Caffo
Medical Oncology Department, St Chiara Hospital, Trento, Italy
Breast Cancer Res Treat 60:267-75. 2000..The present study reports our experience in the use of concurrent adjuvant chemotherapy and immediate breast reconstruction with skin expander after mastectomy for breast cancer and the acute cumulative toxicity of the treatments...
- Multiple rechallenges (ReCs) with docetaxel (DOC) as an option after first-line therapy in patients (pts) with castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC)O Caffo
Medical Oncology Department, Santa Chiara Hospital, Trento, Italy Santa Chiara Hospital, Trento, Italy
J Clin Oncol 29:165. 2011..The available data usually report on the clinical outcome of pts who have received one or two ReCs, but it is unclear whether more ReCs may be offered to these pts and if there is a maximum number of affordable ReCs...
- Gemcitabine (G) and cisplatin (C) in a modified 3-week schedule for non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC): Impact on hematologic toxicity and dose intensity (DI)O Caffo
Santa Chiara Hospital, Trento, Italy
J Clin Oncol 26:19099. 2008..This report presents our experience with a modified 3-week schedule, that we have adopted into the daily clinical practice...
- Microinvasive breast cancer (Tmic): A descriptive mono-institutional reportA Ferro
St Chiara Hospital, Trento, Italy
J Clin Oncol 26:11508. 2008..We present our retrospective review of 69 cases of Tmic, among 6,023 BC pts (1%), observed at our institution from 1990 to 2007...
- Cisplatin (C) and gemcitabine (G) chemotherapy with concurrent irradiation (XRT), for the conservative treatment of invasive transitional bladder cancer (ITBC) patients: Clinical outcome and long-term follow-up in a monoinstitutional experienceO Caffo
Santa Chiara Hospital, Trento, Italy
J Clin Oncol 27:e16081. 2009..We are presenting the long-term clinical outcome of the 16 patients involved in the dose-finding trial, together with that of the 9 pts enrolled in the phase II study...
- Real-time quality assessment of cancer care through information technology instruments incorporated into routine clinical practiceE Galligioni
Santa Chiara Hospital, Trento, Italy Fondazione Bruno Kessler, Trento, Italy
J Clin Oncol 27:6620. 2009....
- Individual risk factors for venous thromboembolism (VTE) in cancer patients treated with targeted therapies (TT)B Soini
S Chiara Hospital, Trento, Italy Fondazione Bruno Kessler, Trento, Italy S Maria degli Angeli Hospital, Pordenone, Italy
J Clin Oncol 27:e20549. 2009..In this report, we have evaluated the incidence of VTE and assessed the predictive value of the Khorana's model, in cancer patients receiving TT, alone or combined with CT...
- Predictive factors of response to docetaxel (DOC) rechallenge (ReC) in castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC) patients (pts)A Veccia
Santa Chiara Hospital, Trento, Italy S Chiara hospital, Trento, Italy Azienda ULSS 13, Mirano, Italy
J Clin Oncol 29:e15126. 2011..The possibility of obtaining a new response by a DOC ReC is usually considered on the basis of the response to the previous treatment. We attempt to identify if there are additional factors able to predict ReC response...
- Role of Ki67 labeling index (LI) in subdividing homogeneous ER-positive grading groups of early breast cancer (EBC) in distinct biologic entitiesA Ferro
Santa Chiara Hospital, Trento, Italy Histopathology, Santa Chiara Hospital, Trento, Italy Center for Scientific and Technological Research, Fondazione Bruno Kessler, Trento, Italy FBK, Trento, Italy S Chiara hospital, Trento, Italy
J Clin Oncol 29:539. 2011..Our study aimed to evaluate if these cutoffs can be used in different subgroups of EBC, or if to apply different cutoffs in distinct biological setting...
- Gemcitabine (G) and epirubicin (E) combination, in platinum-resistant or refractory advanced ovarian cancer (PROC) patients: Results of a multicentric phase II trialV Murgia
Santa Chiara Hospital, Trento, Italy Oncology Center, Aviano, Italy Civil Hospital, Verona, Italy Oncology Center, Aviano, Italy Civil Hospital, Pordenone, Italy
J Clin Oncol 26:5566. 2008..The efficacy and toxicity of GE combination in PROC pts, has been evaluated in our group in a phase II study and is presented in this report...
- Quality of life in patients with early stage breast carcinoma treated with conservation surgery and radiotherapy. An Italian monoinstitutional studyM Amichetti
Department of Radiation Oncology, Santa Chiara Hospital, Trento, Italy
Tumori 87:78-84. 2001..To evaluate the quality of life (QOL) in patients with early stage invasive carcinoma of the breast treated with conservative surgery and postoperative irradiation...
- p27(kip1) expression in breast carcinomas: an immunohistochemical study on 512 patients with long-term follow-upM Barbareschi
Department of Histopathology, St Chiara Hospital, Trento, Italy
Int J Cancer 89:236-41. 2000..We also investigated the prognostic value of the combined expression of p27 and cyclin D1, but no differences in survival were seen in this bivariate analysis...
- Brain and meningeal metastases (BMm) from castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC) in the era of docetaxel (DOC)O Caffo
Medical Oncology Department, Santa Chiara Hospital, Trento, Italy Oncology Unit, Policlinico, Bari, Italy Divisione Universitaria di Oncologia ed Ematologia, Istituto per la Ricerca e la Cura del Cancro, Candiolo, Italy Civil Hospital, Verona, Italy Oncology, Cardarelli, Napoli, Italy National Cancer Institute, Naples, Italy Garibaldi Hospital, Catania, Italy Santa Chiara Hospital, Trento, Italy Urology Unit II, Policlinico, Bari, Italy
J Clin Oncol 29:217. 2011..5%. Since the introduction of DOC as first line treatment has improved survival of CRPC pts, we have retrospectively evaluated the occurrence of BMm in such setting of pts, to explore whether the incidence of BMm has changed...
- Impact of interstitial brachytherapy (IB) or radical prostatectomy (RP) on quality of life (QL) of patients (pts) treated for localized prostate cancer (LPC): Medium-term outcomes from a prospective monoinstitutional studyO Caffo
Santa Chiara Hospital, Trento, Italy
J Clin Oncol 29:e15108. 2011..e15108 Background: Pts with LPC may be treated by different therapies which have similar disease control rates but potentially relevant differences in terms of QL impact. We attempted to evaluate the changes of QL after IB or RP...
- Prognostic value of positron emission tomography (PET) in patients (pts) with metastatic or locally advanced cervical cancer (CC): A monoinstitutional experienceV Murgia
Santa Chiara Hospital, Trento, Italy Nuclear Medicine Department, Santa Chiara Hospital, Trento, Italy Department of Radiation Oncology, Santa Chiara Hospital, Trento, Italy S Chiara hospital, Trento, Italy Gynecology Department, Santa Chiara Hospital, Trento, Italy
J Clin Oncol 29:e15591. 2011..The present report is aimed to evaluate the prognostic role of PET in CC patients treated with chemotherapy (CT) alone or concurrent chemo/radiotherapy (CT/RT)...
- Development and daily use of an electronic oncological patient record for the total management of cancer patients: 7 years' experienceE Galligioni
Department of Medical Oncology, Santa Chiara Hospital, Trento, Italy
Ann Oncol 20:349-52. 2009..We describe our experience with an electronic oncological patient record (EOPR) for the total management of cancer patients...
- Quality of life after radiotherapy for early-stage testicular seminomaO Caffo
Department of Medical Oncology, St. Chiara Hospital, 38100, Trento, Italy
Radiother Oncol 59:13-20. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: The QL in our patients resulted as satisfactory, with a maintained body image and few side-effects. The information given to the patients about their disease and its treatment influenced the post-treatment QL adjustment...
- Biological characterisation of superficial bladder cancer by bivariate cytokeratin 7/DNA analysis, flow cytometric assessment of MIB- 1, and an immunohistochemical studyE Leonardi
Department of Pathology, St Chiara Hospital, Trento, Italy
Anal Cell Pathol 21:21-33. 2000..The determination of DNA content coupled with the study of the epithelial (cytokeratin 7) and proliferative (MIB-1) markers could be useful in providing important information on the biological behaviour of superficial bladder tumours...
- Subclinical ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast: treatment with conservative surgery and radiotherapyM Amichetti
Radiation Oncology Department, Santa Chiara Hospital, Trento, Italy
Tumori 85:488-93. 1999....