- Olanzapine therapy in anorexia nervosa: psychobiological effectsFrancesca Brambilla
Department Mental Health, Sacco Hospital, Milan, Italy
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 22:197-204. 2007..No correlations were observed between homovanilic acid concentrations and psychopathological parameters. The pharmacological treatment can significantly improve specific aspects of anorexia nervosa...
- Disorders of eating behavior: correlation between hypothalamo-pituitary-thyroid function and psychopathological aspectsFrancesca Brambilla
Mental Health Department, Center for Study and Treatment of Eating Disorders, L Sacco Hospital, Milan 20129, Italy
Psychoneuroendocrinology 31:131-6. 2006..Prospective studies are needed to confirm whether or not altered PT parameters correlate with ED symptoms during the course of the diseases...
- Effects of cognitive-behavioral therapy on Eating Disorders: neurotransmitter secretory response to treatmentF Brambilla
Center for Eating Disorders, Department of Mental Health, Sacco Hospital, Milan, Italy
Psychoneuroendocrinology 35:729-37. 2010..Our data suggest that only in BN CBT may act through changes in 5-HT system function...
- Lack of efficacy of psychological and pharmacological treatments of disorders of eating behavior: neurobiological backgroundFrancesca Brambilla
The University Department of Psychiatry, San Paolo Hospital, Milano, Italy
BMC Psychiatry 14:376. 2014..The data were then compared with psychopathological and physical alterations...
- Changes in neuroactive steroid secretion associated with CO2-induced panic attacks in normal individualsFrancesca Brambilla
Department of Psychiatry, Sacco Hospital, Milano 20157, Italy Electronic address
Psychoneuroendocrinology 38:2234-42. 2013....
- Plasma concentrations of anxiolytic neuroactive steroids in men with panic disorderFrancesca Brambilla
Department of Psychiatry, Sacco Hospital, Milan, Italy
Psychiatry Res 135:185-90. 2005..The plasma concentrations of progesterone and tetrahydrodeoxycorticosterone correlated with the STAI state score in patients before treatment. Our data suggest that neuroactive steroids may play a role in PD in men...
- Glucagon-like peptide-1 secretion in bulimia nervosaFrancesca Brambilla
Department of Mental Health, Naples University SUN, Largo Madonna delle Grazie, Naples 80138, Italy
Psychiatry Res 169:82-5. 2009..GLP-1 levels correlated positively with bingeing-vomiting frequency, with B.I.T.E. scores and the "bulimia" subitem scores of the EDI-2 scale, and negatively with the "ascetism" subitem score of the same scale...
- Plasma concentrations of anxiolytic neurosteroids in men with normal anxiety scores: a correlation analysisFrancesca Brambilla
Addiction Research Center, Azienda Unita Sanitaria, Parma, Italy
Neuropsychobiology 50:6-9. 2004..PROG concentrations correlated significantly with state anxiety scores. These data suggest that neurosteroids may physiologically modulate anxiety not only in experimental animals but also in humans...
- Interleukin-1beta and tumor necrosis factor-alpha in children with major depressive disorder or dysthymiaF Brambilla
Clinica Psichiatrica dell Università, SUN, Naples, Italy
J Affect Disord 78:273-7. 2004..The aim of our study was to see whether or not cytokine secretion is impaired at a very young phase of development of depressive disorders, possibly being pathogenetically involved in their course...
- Hormonal background of physiological aggressiveness in psychologically healthy womenFrancesca Brambilla
Department of Mental Health, Sacco Hospital, Milan, Italy
Int J Psychophysiol 75:291-4. 2010....
- Persistent amenorrhoea in weight-recovered anorexics: psychological and biological aspectsFrancesca Brambilla
Istituto di Clinica Psichiatrica, Universita, SUN, Naples, Italy
Psychiatry Res 118:249-57. 2003....
- Neurosteroid secretion in panic disorderFrancesca Brambilla
Dipartimento di Scienze Neuropsichiche, Istituto Scientifico Ospedale S Raffaele, Universita Vita e Salute, Milan, Italy
Psychiatry Res 118:107-16. 2003....
- Olanzapine-induced weight gain in anorexia nervosa: involvement of leptin and ghrelin secretion?F Brambilla
Department of Psychiatry, University of Naples SUN, Naples, Italy
Psychoneuroendocrinology 32:402-6. 2007..Aim of this study was to determine whether in patients with Anorexia Nervosa (AN) OLA induces weight gain through the modulation of the hunger-satiety regulatory peptides leptin and ghrelin...
- Multivariate therapeutic approach to binge-eating disorder: combined nutritional, psychological and pharmacological treatmentFrancesca Brambilla
Department of Mental Health, Center for Eating Disorders, Sacco Hospital, Milan, Italy
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 24:312-7. 2009..Group 2 patients improved on the SCL-90-R subitems 'depression' and 'interpersonal relationship' and in the PDQ-4-R 'schizoid personality'. Combination therapy seems to be the only fully effective treatment in BED patients...
- Personality dimensions and treatment drop-outs among eating disorder patients treated with cognitive behavior therapyRiccardo Dalle Grave
Department of Eating and Weight Disorder, Villa Garda Hospital, Via Montebaldo, 89, 37016 Garda Vr, Italy
Psychiatry Res 158:381-8. 2008..Eating disorder patients with low Persistence scores are significantly less likely to complete inpatient treatment...
- Effects of (+/-) 3,4-methylene-dioxymethamphetamine (ecstasy) on dopamine system function in humansGilberto Gerra
Centro Studi Farmacotossicodipendenze, SERT, AUSL di Parma, Via Spalato 2, 43100 Parma, Italy
Behav Brain Res 134:403-10. 2002....
- The effect of inpatient cognitive-behavioral therapy for eating disorders on temperament and characterRiccardo Dalle Grave
Department of Eating and Weight Disorder, Villa Garda Hospital, Garda, Verona, Italy
Behav Res Ther 45:1335-44. 2007..These results are relevant for future studies based on TCI...
- Major depression-related immunological changes and combination antiretroviral therapy in HIV-seropositive patientsAlessandra Alciati
Department of Psychiatry, L Sacco Hospital, Milan, Italy
Hum Psychopharmacol 22:33-40. 2007..In physically healthy subjects, major depression has been associated with several changes in immune function. In HIV-infected subjects too, lymphocyte subsets changes related to psychological conditions have been described...
- Experimentally induced aggressiveness in heroin-dependent patients treated with buprenorphine: comparison of patients receiving methadone and healthy subjectsGilberto Gerra
Centro Studi Farmacotossicodipendenze, Ser T, Az U S L, Parma, Italy
Psychiatry Res 149:201-13. 2007..Money-earning responses seemed to be unimpaired in BUP patients...
- Central and peripheral peptides regulating eating behaviour and energy homeostasis in anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa: a literature reviewAlfonso Tortorella
Department of Psychiatry, University of Naples SUN, Napoli, Italy
Eur Eat Disord Rev 22:307-20. 2014..The relevance of peptide dysfunctions for the pathophysiology of eating disorders is critically discussed...
- A label-free internal standard method for the differential analysis of bioactive lupin proteins using nano HPLC-Chip coupled with Ion Trap mass spectrometryFrancesca Brambilla
Department of Endocrinology, Laboratory of Food Chemistry and Mass Spectrometry, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Proteomics 9:272-86. 2009....
- Total serum cholesterol and suicidality in anorexia nervosaAngela Favaro
Department of Neuroscience, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Psychosom Med 66:548-52. 2004..No published study has evaluated the relationship between serum cholesterol and suicidality in anorexia nervosa (AN)...
- Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis responses to stress in subjects with 3,4-methylenedioxy-methamphetamine ('ecstasy') use history: correlation with dopamine receptor sensitivityGilberto Gerra
Addiction Research Centre, Centro Studi Farmacotossicodipendenze, SERT, AUSL, Via Spalato 2, Parma 43100, Italy
Psychiatry Res 120:115-24. 2003..The present findings do not exclude the possibility that dopamine dysfunction partly predated MDMA exposure...
- Aggressive responding in abstinent heroin addicts: neuroendocrine and personality correlatesGilberto Gerra
Centro Studi Farmacotossicodipendenze, Ser T, AUSL, Via Spalato 2, 43100 Parma, Italy
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 28:129-39. 2004....
- Long-term immune-endocrine effects of bereavement: relationships with anxiety levels and moodGilberto Gerra
Centro Studi Farmaco Tossico Dipendenze, AUSL, Via Spalato 2, Parma 43100, Italy
Psychiatry Res 121:145-58. 2003....
- Interleukine-6 serum levels correlate with response to antidepressant sleep deprivation and sleep phase advanceFrancesco Benedetti
Department of Neuropsychiatric Sciences, Istituto Scientifico Ospedale San Raffaele, School of Medicine, Universita Vita Salute San Raffaele, Via Stamira d Ancona 20, 20127 Milan, Italy
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 26:1167-70. 2002..Our preliminary finding confirms the clinical value of IL-6 baseline concentration as a predictor of response to antidepressant treatment...