- A case of anaplastic thyroid cancer with long-term survivalHaralabos Koussis
Medical Oncology Department, Istituto Oncologico Veneto IRCCS, Via Gattamelata, Padova, Italy
Anticancer Res 30:1273-8. 2010..She received many kinds of chemotherapeutical and multimodal treatment; we obtained a long period of localized disease (about two years) and an excellent response to therapy. She is still alive 58 months from diagnosis...
- Complete response to weekly carboplatin-docetaxel chemotherapy in a 91-year-old woman with anaplastic thyroid cancerHaralabos Koussis
Division of Oncology 2, Istituto Oncologico Veneto IOV IRCCS, Padova, Italy Electronic address
Am J Otolaryngol 36:268-72. 2015..ATC cannot be regarded as a very chemo-sensitive tumor. Herein, we reported a case of a 91-year-old woman with complete response after induction chemotherapy (weekly carboplatin and docetaxel) that underwent subsequent radiotherapy. ..
- Neoadjuvant carboplatin and vinorelbine followed by chemoradiotherapy in locally advanced head and neck or oesophageal squamous cell carcinoma: a phase II study in elderly patients or patients with poor performance statusHaralabos Koussis
Department of Medical Oncology, Istituto Oncologico Veneto IRCCS, Padova, Italy
Anticancer Res 28:1383-8. 2008....
- Late onset (22 years) of simultaneous tonsillar and cervical lymph node metastases from breast ductal carcinomaMarco Maruzzo
Operative Unit of Medical Oncology 2 Unit, IRCCS IOV, Padova, Italy
Am J Otolaryngol 33:627-30. 2012..Tonsil metastases from breast cancer are extremely rare. Herein, we report a case of a 74-year-old woman with simultaneous occurrence of tonsillar and cervical lymph nodes metastases after a disease-free interval of 22 years...
- Spindle-cell tumours of the larynx: diagnostic pitfalls. A case report and review of the literatureGino Marioni
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Acta Otolaryngol 123:86-90. 2003..Ambiguous and indeterminate diagnoses are also possible after immunohistochemical investigations of the expression of specific tumour markers but electron microscopic observations help to clarify most of these diagnoses...