Affiliation: Bellaria Hospital
- Neuropathy in multiple myeloma treated with thalidomide: a prospective studyR Plasmati
Dipartimento di Neuroscienze, Unita Operativa di Neurologia, Ospedale Bellaria, Bologna, Italy
Neurology 69:573-81. 2007..Thalidomide is effective as a first-line therapy for the treatment of multiple myeloma (MM), but its use is limited by peripheral neurotoxicity...
- Chronic cerebro-spinal venous insufficiency: report of transcranial magnetic stimulation follow-up study in a patient with multiple sclerosisR Plasmati
Department of Neurology, Bellaria Hospital, Bologna, Italy2 Vascular Diseases Centre, University of Ferrara, Italy
Int Angiol 29:189-92. 2010..The demonstration of a modification of the cerebrovenous function with both clinical manifestation and via TMS suggests that the hampered cerebral venous return may contribute to the clinical course of MS...
- Intraoperative monitoring of somatosensory (SSEPs) and transcranial electric motor-evoked potentials (tce-MEPs) during surgical correction of neuromuscular scoliosis in patients with central or peripheral nervous system diseasesF Pastorelli
Neurophysiology Serv, Rizzoli Orthopedic Institute, Bologna, Italy
Eur Spine J 24:931-6. 2015..However, the literature data regarding the reliability of spinal cord monitoring in patients with neuromuscular scoliosis are conflicting and need to be confirmed...
- Early onset aggressive hereditary amyloidosis: report of an Italian family with TTR Arg47 mutationF Salvi
Department of Neurological Sciences, University of Bologna at Bellaria Hospital, Bologna, Italy
Neurol Sci 26:140-2. 2005..Patients with Arg47 or other aggressive TTR amyloidoses should be considered high priority patients for orthotopic liver transplantation...
- The prevention of neural complications in the surgical treatment of scoliosis: the role of the neurophysiological intraoperative monitoringF Pastorelli
Servizio di Neurofisiopatologia, Istituti Ortopedici Rizzoli, Bologna, Italy
Eur Spine J 20:S105-14. 2011..Early detection affords the surgical team an opportunity to perform rapid intervention to prevent injury progression or possibly to reverse impending neurologic sequelae...
- Two transthyretin variants (TTR Ala-49 and TTR Gln-89) in two Sicilian kindreds with hereditary amyloidosisM R Almeida
Centro de Estudos de Paramiloidose, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Porto, Portugal
Hum Mutat 1:211-5. 1992..The basic variant has a glutamine residue replacing glutamate at position 89 (TTR Gln-89)...
- Thalidomide sensory neurotoxicity: a clinical and neurophysiologic studyG Cavaletti
Dipartimento di Neuroscienze e Tecnologie Biomediche, Universita di Milano Bicocca, Monza, Italia
Neurology 62:2291-3. 2004..The risk of developing sensory neuropathy is around 10% below this threshold but increases with higher doses...
- Brainstem neurodegeneration correlates with clinical dysfunction in SCA1 but not in SCA2. A quantitative volumetric, diffusion and proton spectroscopy MR studyL Guerrini
Radiodiagnostic Section, Department of Clinical Physiopathology, University of Florence, Viale Morgagni 85, Florence, Italy
Brain 127:1785-95. 2004....