- Working memory deficits and levels of N-acetylaspartate in patients with schizophreniform disorderAlessandro Bertolino
Department of Psychiatry and Neurological Sciences, University of Bari, Italy
Am J Psychiatry 160:483-9. 2003..In addition, they assessed the relationship between N-acetylaspartate levels and working memory deficits...
- The impact of Val108/158Met polymorphism of catechol-O-methyltransferase on brain oscillations during working memoryMario Altamura
Clinical Brain Disorders Branch, NIMH, Bldg 10, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Psychiatry Unit, University of Foggia, Italy Electronic address
Neurosci Lett 610:86-91. 2016..These results demonstrate that COMT genotype has a strong impact on brain responses (oscillatory activity) during WM performance likely a consequence of compensatory activity during the delay and response periods. ..
- Dynamic cortical involvement in implicit anticipation during statistical learningMario Altamura
Clinical Brain Disorders Branch, NIMH, Building 10, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Psychiatry Unit, University of Foggia, Foggia, Italy Electronic address
Neurosci Lett 558:73-7. 2014..As the task progressed, alpha ERSs in occipitotemporal regions and putamen likely reflect perceptual anticipation of the forthcoming stimuli...
- Are all forms of feature binding disturbed in schizophrenia? Evidence from a central vs. peripheral distinction in working memoryMario Altamura
Department of Medical Sciences, Psychiatry Unit, University of Foggia, viale L Pinto, 1, 71100 Foggia, Italy
Psychiatry Res 209:9-14. 2013..Results suggest that patients with schizophrenia may have difficulties in unitizing peripheral features in working memory. ..
- Dissociating the effects of Sternberg working memory demands in prefrontal cortexMario Altamura
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Psychiatry Unit, University of Foggia, Italy
Psychiatry Res 154:103-14. 2007..These results suggest the possibility that top-down modulation of attention or cognitive control at encoding and/or decisionmaking may be mediated by these areas...
- Abnormal functional motor lateralization in healthy siblings of patients with schizophreniaMario Altamura
Department of Medical Science, Psychiatry Unit, University of Foggia, Italy
Psychiatry Res 203:54-60. 2012..Reduced lateralization in siblings was also identified with a measure of laterality quotient. These findings suggest that abnormal functional lateralization of motor circuitry is related to genetic risk of schizophrenia...
- Facial Emotion Recognition in Bipolar Disorder and Healthy AgingMario Altamura
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Foggia, Foggia, Italy Harvard Medical School, Schepens Eye Research Institute, Boston, MA and Department of Psychological Sciences, University of Chieti, Chieti, Italy
J Nerv Ment Dis 204:188-93. 2016..This study is one of the first to compare how aging and clinical conditions influence emotional facial recognition and underlines the need to consider the role of specific and common factors in emotional face recognition. ..
- False memories in schizophrenia? An imagination inflation studyNicola Mammarella
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Chieti, Italy
Psychiatry Res 179:267-73. 2010..However, both groups showed comparable levels of imagination inflation effects. Results add evidence to the hypothesis that the nature of patients' false memories may be particularly linked to poor use of source-monitoring processes...
- The Relationship between Personality Traits, the 5HTT Polymorphisms, and the Occurrence of Anxiety and Depressive Symptoms in Elite AthletesAnnamaria Petito
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Psychiatry Unit, University of Foggia, Foggia, Italy
PLoS ONE 11:e0156601. 2016..Identification of homogeneous groups of athletes having predispositions to anxiety and depressive symptoms may help to implement early prevention programs. ..
- Unemployment, perceived health status and coping: A study in Southern ItalyPasquale De Fazio
Psychiatry Unit, Department of Health Sciences, University Magna Graecia, Catanzaro, Italy
Work 53:219-24. 2015..Unemployment is a very stressful experience that significantly impairs an individual's perception of their overall wellbeing. Interaction between unemployment and physical health is complex...
- Interaction of COMT (Val(108/158)Met) genotype and olanzapine treatment on prefrontal cortical function in patients with schizophreniaAlessandro Bertolino
Dipartimento di Scienze Neurologiche e Psichiatriche, Universita degli Studi di Bari, Piazza Giulio Cesare 9, 70124, Bari, Italy
Am J Psychiatry 161:1798-805. 2004....