Anna Maria Bargagli
Affiliation: Agency for Public Health
- Determinants of methadone treatment assignment among heroin addicts on first admission to public treatment centres in ItalyAnna Maria Bargagli
Department of Epidemiology, ASL Rome E, via di S Costanza 53, 00198 Rome, Italy
Drug Alcohol Depend 79:191-9. 2005..To identify factors associated with entering any methadone treatment at first admission at an NHS treatment centre in Italy and to investigate determinants of receiving detoxification or maintenance methadone treatments...
- Drug-related mortality and its impact on adult mortality in eight European countriesAnna Maria Bargagli
Department of Epidemiology, ASL Rome E, 00198 Rome, Italy
Eur J Public Health 16:198-202. 2006..To estimate the mortality rates from drug-related deaths and other causes among problem drug users and population attributable risk of death due to opiate use in eight study sites in Europe...
- VEdeTTE, a longitudinal study on effectiveness of treatments for heroin addiction in Italy: study protocol and characteristics of study populationAnna Maria Bargagli
Department of Epidemiology, ASL Rome E, Rome, Italy
Subst Use Misuse 41:1861-79. 2006..The Italian heroin-addicted population under treatment seems to have low level of education but good social integration. Compared with men, women show a higher severity. Participants show a beneficial effect of treatment...
- Methadone treatment in clinical practice in Italy: need for improvementPatrizia Schifano
Department of Epidemiology, ASL Rome E, Rome, Italy
Eur Addict Res 12:121-7. 2006..Methadone at appropriate doses has been demonstrated to be the most effective means for retaining patients in treatment and suppressing heroin use...
- Changes in the effects of heat on mortality among the elderly from 1998-2010: results from a multicenter time series study in ItalyPatrizia Schifano
Department of Epidemiology, Lazio Regional Health Service, Via di Santa Costanza, Roma 53, 00198, Italy
Environ Health 11:58. 2012..This multicenter study is aimed at estimating changes in the effect of high temperatures on elderly mortality before and after the 2003 heat waves and following the introduction of heat prevention activities...
- Surveillance of summer mortality and preparedness to reduce the health impact of heat waves in ItalyPaola Michelozzi
Lazio Region Department of Epidemiology, Via di Santa Costanza, Rome, Italy
Int J Environ Res Public Health 7:2256-73. 2010..Considering future predictions of climate change, the implementation of effective prevention programs, targeted to high risk subjects, become a priority in the public health agenda...
- Changing pattern of drug abuse among patients entering treatment in Lazio, Italy, between 1996 and 2003: transition from heroin to cocaine useMarina Davoli
Department of Epidemiology, ASL Roma E, Rome, Italy
Eur Addict Res 13:185-91. 2007..This study describes temporal changes of the pattern of substance abuse among drug users in treatment in Lazio, Italy...
- Hepatic and extra-hepatic sequelae, and prevalence of viral hepatitis C infection estimated from routine data in at-risk groupsAnnunziata Faustini
Department of Epidemiology, Regional Health System Lazio Region, Via S, Costanza 53, 00198, Rome, Italy
BMC Infect Dis 10:97. 2010..This paper aims to estimate the prevalence of HCV infection, and the hepatic and extrahepatic sequelae in at-risk groups, using routinely collected data in the Lazio region, Italy...
- Susceptibility to heat wave-related mortality: a follow-up study of a cohort of elderly in RomePatrizia Schifano
Department of Epidemiology, Local Health Authority Rome E, Rome, Italy
Environ Health 8:50. 2009..This study investigated socio-demographic characteristics and pre-existing medical conditions as effect modifiers of the risk of dying during heat waves in a cohort of elderly residents in Rome...
- [Characteristics and effectiveness of smoking cessation programs in Italy. Results of a multicentric longitudinal study]Valeria Belleudi
Dipartimento di Epidemiologia, ASL RM E, Roma
Epidemiol Prev 31:148-57. 2007..to describe the characteristics and effectiveness of various smoking cessation programs offered by Italian treatment services operating within the National Health Service...
- [Mortality of drug users attending public treatment centers in Italy 1998-2001: a cohort study]Marica Ferri
Agenzia di Sanità Pubblica della Regione Lazio, Via di Santa Costanza 53, 00198 Roma
Epidemiol Prev 31:276-82. 2007..to describe the overall and cause-specific mortality among heroin users attending Public Treatment Centers (PTCs) in Italy and to estimate the impact of heroin use on mortality in the general population...
- Prevalence of multiple sclerosis in the Lazio region, Italy: use of an algorithm based on health information systemsAnna Maria Bargagli
Department of Epidemiology, Lazio Regional Health Service, Via Cristoforo Colombo 112, 00142, Rome, Italy
J Neurol 263:751-9. 2016..While some limitations must be considered including possible prevalence underestimation, HIS represent a valuable source of information to measure the burden of SM, useful for epidemiological surveillance and healthcare planning...
- Education and Mortality in the Rome Longitudinal StudyLaura Cacciani
Department of Epidemiology, Lazio Regional Health Service, Rome, Italy
PLoS ONE 10:e0137576. 2015..We distinguished five causes of death and investigated the role of age, gender, and birthplace...
- [Volume and health outcomes: an overview of systematic reviews]Marina Davoli
Dipartimento di epidemiologia ASL RME
Epidemiol Prev 29:3-63. 2005..conditions or interventions (prevention, diagnostic, therapeutic, surgical or clinical) for which an association between volume and outcome has been investigated; those for which an association between volume and outcome has been proved..