Affiliation: University of Haifa
- Solidarity-conflict and ambivalence: testing two conceptual frameworks and their impact on quality of life for older family membersAriela Lowenstein
Department of Masters in Gerontology, Center for Research and Study of Aging, Faculty of Welfare and Health Studies, The University of Haifa, Haifa, Israel
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 62:S100-7. 2007....
- Caring for parents with Alzheimer's: comparing perceptions of physical and mental health in the Jewish and Arab sectors in IsraelA Lowenstein
School of Social Work, Haifa University, Israel
J Cross Cult Gerontol 14:65-76. 1999..The results show that ethnicity and parent-child relations were the strongest predictors of physical and especially mental health of these caregivers, followed by employment status of the caregivers and patient's functioning...
- Developing an interdisciplinary innovative Master of Gerontology programAriela Lowenstein
Department of Masters in Gerontology, Faculty of Welfare and Health Studies, The University of Haifa, Haifa 31950, Israel
Gerontologist 45:255-61. 2005....
- Times of transition: elder abuse and neglect in IsraelAriela Lowenstein
Department of Gerontology, The University of Haifa, Haifa, Israel
J Elder Abuse Negl 20:181-206. 2008..Further, legislative developments relating to four generational laws and the advancement of policies and innovative practice experiences are described and analyzed. Finally, future challenges in the field are identified...
- Is elder abuse and neglect a social phenomenon? Data from the First National Prevalence Survey in IsraelAriela Lowenstein
Center for Research and Study of Aging, Faculty of Welfare and Health Sciences, The University of Haifa, Haifa, Israel
J Elder Abuse Negl 21:253-77. 2009..The findings thus corroborate that elder abuse and neglect is a social problem in Israeli society and has to be addressed in policy discourse and service developments...
- Elder abuse and neglect--"old phenomenon": new directions for research, legislation, and service developments. (2008 Rosalie S. Wolf Memorial Elder Abuse Prevention Award--International Category Lecture)Ariela Lowenstein
Center for Research and Study of Aging, Faculty of Social Welfare and Health Sciences, The University of Haifa, Haifa, Israel
J Elder Abuse Negl 21:278-87. 2009....
- Employers' knowledge and attitudes regarding organizational policy toward workers caring for aging family membersRuth Katz
Department of Human Services and Center for Research and Study of Aging, University of Haifa, Mt Carmel, Israel
J Aging Soc Policy 23:159-81. 2011..Women managers in public organizations, who had less seniority and less previous experience with working-carers, tended to be more positive about supportive policies. Recommendations are included...
- Addressing a nation's challenge: graduate programs in gerontology in IsraelSara Carmel
Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, 84105, Israel
Gerontol Geriatr Educ 27:49-63. 2007....